PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all from Big Col

Big Col
16th January 2010, 12:35
Been signed up for a wee while now and got brave enough to tackle computer, so here goes.
I had my first ride as a pillion on a jawa long time ago, I loved it and have been bike mad ever since, Got my license at 15 much to parents disgust, rode lots of friends bikes, even some with the gears on the wrong side. The first bike I owned was a Yamaha DT360, [a bitch to start] Ive also had about half a dozen trials bikes, heaps of trail bikes, even had a street legal RM370 andYZ400 back in the day. TT500;s were also popular, no subdivision was left untouched, The town belt was our own personal playground. [ does anyone remember the under achieving cops on their DT250;s? poor bastards never stood a chance. ]
In a previous thread somewhere I saw lots of mentions Re bikeshop locations, I worked at Whites in Dixon st and got to ride heaps of bikes,[ and some really were HEAPS of bikes]. We had a sidecar affair used for picking up parts, this was huge fun to tear around town on/in. no couriers back then, Im sure a couple of other bike shops had sidecars too.
Motorball was a fad that came and went, yes I was in a team, Huge fun soccer on motor bikes. Lots of damage to bikes and riders, But as I said huge fun. We also had a crack at two up motor cross, that was good too but hard to get a pillion with a total disregard for personal safety.
Victoria Uni was the club we were in, I remember riding on club events with Robert Holden, and some of the antics we got up to, [Man was he talented] Huge Undersatement, sorry losing it for a moment there.
Ive always had a bike or two hanging around and sometimes right into it and riding all the time or sometimes just pull back and not ride bugger all, Right into it at the moment cant get enough.
My last few bikes ST1100, FJ1200,ST1300, and now a GL1800. I never imagined I would ride one of these babys but I reckon you gotta ride one before you bag them. Beautiful for touring/riding.
Some more Idle thoughts, bike gear now is fantastic, and the choices are great.
The traffic is busier than ever, people are more impatient than ever, [even me ] prices of bikes cheaper than ever, you get more bang for your buck now. Information on any subject now readily available ie interweb.
I think thats enough now, hope to meet up with some of you soon.
Cheers Col.

EJK
16th January 2010, 12:41
Welcome to KB! If you have any question just fire away! We are here to answer :sunny:

KiwiBiker.co.nz - Home of experts and geniuses.

steve_t
16th January 2010, 12:45
Welcome! Now run for your life :laugh:

The Everlasting
16th January 2010, 13:20
Welcome! :)

Tashad
17th January 2010, 19:28
hey col! good to see you online mate. given i already knwo ya, guess meeting up on rides is inevitable. loving the Draggie....... thanks heaps! see yar round!

Ypawa
17th January 2010, 19:46
Greetings Big Col :yes:

MIXONE
17th January 2010, 20:11
Welcome to KB! If you have any question just fire away! We are here to answer :sunny:

KiwiBiker.co.nz - Home of experts and geniuses.

You forgot the obligatory "Tuis" at the end.
PS Welcome and don't take anything too personal here and you should be alright.