PDA

View Full Version : Womens Libs!!

Sniper
5th May 2005, 14:57
Women’s Lib International Conference

The first speaker, a lady from England stood and said, “During last year’s conference, we spoke about being more assertive with our husbands. Well, after the conference, I went home and told my husband, Barrington, that I would no longer cook for him and that he would have to do it himself.
After the first day, I saw nothing. The second day, I saw nothing, but on the third day, I saw that he had cooked a wonderful roast lamb.” (The crowd cheered).

The second speaker from Russia, stood up and said, “After last year’s conference, I went home and told my husband, Ivan, that I would no longer do his laundry and that he would have to do it himself. The first day, I saw nothing. After the second day, I saw nothing, but on the third day, I saw that he had done not only his washing but mine as well. (The crowd again cheered).

The third speaker, a Samoan lady, stood up and said, “Afta lass year’s conference, I wen home and tole dat lazy husband of mines, Pili, dat I was froo pickin up his beer cans and washing his undaweah and dat he was goin to haf to do dem himself. (The crowd went wild with cheering and clapping that lasted for five long minutes).
She continued, “Afta da first day, I nevah see nuffing. Afta da second day I nevah see nuffing, but afta da fird day, I could see a little bit out of my leff eye.”

SpankMe
5th May 2005, 15:13
:killingme :killingme

Ghost Lemur
5th May 2005, 15:26
Bahahahahaha :laugh: :killingme

Biff
5th May 2005, 15:36
:laugh: :killingme

White trash
5th May 2005, 15:37
Actually, am I the only one who finds this culturally insensitive?

Shame on you guys, it's not funny. :no:

jazbug5
5th May 2005, 15:39
Wasn't going to say anything (well, y'know, I'd only get bagged for being a girl n' stuff) but.. no, I'm not particularly keen on it either. Sorry guys.
(Thanks WT)

Sniper
5th May 2005, 15:46
Ok, well I suppose I have more to follow, its called mens libs

scumdog
5th May 2005, 15:54
Oh well, change the last one to a Scots woman "aye, and on the thurd day I jist see oot o' ma left eye ya ken"

I'm Scots and wouldn't find THAT offensive.

Each to their own but meh, the world is too P.C. - well for certain topics IMHO.

White trash
5th May 2005, 15:57
Woulda been better if he had of hit us with the ol'

"My chandle es stuck untta th brake petal of my Masda Bon-ko."

scumdog
5th May 2005, 16:03

F... you're a hard thing, just about pissed myself when I read (translated) that!! :laugh: :killingme

Sniper
5th May 2005, 16:04
Hahaha, thats the funniest thing ever

MSTRS
5th May 2005, 16:39
Each to their own but meh, the world is too P.C. - well for certain topics IMHO.
:laugh: :laugh: :whistle:

idb
5th May 2005, 17:51
:laugh: :laugh: :whistle:
Man, you have just laid my life bare. I realise now that;

My many issues such as my follicle regression has developed to such a stage that I take solace in the bottle.
Before I become accidentally horizontal it temporarily cures me of my overly caucasian tendencies and convinces me of my ability to become generationally differential.
Unfortunately I now know that others think I'm an owner operator and it all turns to mush when I am invited to investigate alternative destinations.
It is then that I tend to suffer a rectal cranial inversion and display swine empathy by accusing all of the bitches of being monogamously challenged or lesbians.
With all the dignity at my disposal I then turn around and take my liquid storage facility home.
But dignity? I end up looking like an equine colon evacuation orifice (that's mine).

Thank you doctor, I'm cured, can I get off the couch now?

John
5th May 2005, 18:02

your a genius in your own underwear! :lol:

Ms Piggy
5th May 2005, 18:35
Wasn't going to say anything (well, y'know, I'd only get bagged for being a girl n' stuff) but.. no, I'm not particularly keen on it either. Sorry guys.
(Thanks WT)
Nope don't like it, don't like 1 bit.

Biff
5th May 2005, 18:40
Culturally insensitive my arse!

Apart from the written take on a Samoan accent there's nothing racially motivated in that whatsoever. Or am I blind (no pun intended) and missing a hidden theme there.

Tell you what - on behalf of the people in Wales change the nationality of the last lady to talk to being a Welsh lass. Ms Biff said it was ok too.

Skyryder
5th May 2005, 19:04
Actually, am I the only one who finds this culturally insensitive?

Shame on you guys, it's not funny. :no:

Right on. Not being a prude hear but wifebeating jokes don't seem funny. Not since I saw the result of one womans face years ago when I worked in A&E as a hospital orderlie.

Skyryder

John
5th May 2005, 19:09
Right on. Not being a prude hear but wifebeating jokes don't seem funny. Not since I saw the result of one womans face years ago when I worked in A&E as a hospital orderlie.

Skyryder
Actually when you say that when I was in hospital, for the few hours I was awake there were 2 incidents involving husband and wife, the cops hadto come because one of the guys was being a dick and threatening the nurses - wish I could have gotten up there was a nice pile of needles next to my bed he could have had in the eye.

Skyryder
5th May 2005, 19:12
Culturally insensitive my arse!

Apart from the written take on a Samoan accent there's nothing racially motivated in that whatsoever. Or am I blind (no pun intended) and missing a hidden theme there.

Tell you what - on behalf of the people in Wales change the nationality of the last lady to talk to being a Welsh lass. Ms Biff said it was ok too.

I agree I did not see any culture insensitivity either. Nothing funny about wife beating jokes no matter what nationality.

Skyryder

Biff
5th May 2005, 19:57
I agree I did not see any culture insensitivity either. Nothing funny about wife beating jokes no matter what nationality.

Skyryder

Shit!

I didn't see (no pun again) that in the joke!! Seriously!
Not a funny joke. Having been on the receiving end of a psycho bitch in the past.

Biff crawls back under his stone.

StoneChucker
5th May 2005, 21:07
This world is getting way too PC. If we can't laugh at ourselves, what have we got...

Wife beating (or husband for that matter) is not funny, no shit!
Racism is not funny, again, this is obvious.
It is however a joke. If it was told by a comedian on stage (even better, a Samoan comedian) it would be funny as heck. Laughing at something does not imply that you condone the subject of the humour.

:whocares:

justsomeguy
5th May 2005, 21:28
ohh...... .... so that's what it meant...

thats a pretty shit joke then..... :mad:

Hitcher
5th May 2005, 21:44
This world is getting way too PC. If we can't laugh at ourselves, what have we got...
Large bottles of Pimms...

Skyryder
5th May 2005, 22:15

Wife beating (or husband for that matter) is not funny, no shit!
Racism is not funny, again, this is obvious.
It is however a joke. If it was told by a comedian on stage (even better, a Samoan comedian) it would be funny as heck. Laughing at something does not imply that you condone the subject of the humour.

:whocares:

I think most of us can laugh at ourselves. Hell we take the piss out of each other often enough. Humour is one of those debatable subjects that is almost impossiable to define with any clarity. What is funny to some is offensive to others.

Jokes that convey and element of violence fall into two kinds self inflicted (slapstick) sometimes with the aid of a partner, and bullying where one dominates the other. Wife beating jokes definately fall into the realm of bullying.

Your last sentance where you state 'laughing at something does not imply that you condone the subject of the humour,' raises an interesting point.

That one does not condon the subject matter, but finds it humourous, suggests that one has some sympathy towards the subject matter, otherwise the joke would be tastless.

Skyryder

Krayy
6th May 2005, 14:59
Bwahahahhaha.... :killingme

Drew
6th May 2005, 17:11
Well isn't this a thread for the intellectual, I want to say something anyway.

Cops joke about the shit they see, does that mean they condone what has happened? Doctors laugh at what patients have done to themselves, yet they fix em up as best they can. We do these things because it is real, we are all in danger of similar shit, and if we dont put on the bravardo, and have giggle, instead we talk about it, and educate ourselves about it, it is just something else to play on our minds.
Who the hell needs something else to remind them of their mortality, who wants some more stress in their lives, you can shove the stomach ulser up your arse!
Laugh on, live without fear, and for fuck sake, LIGHTEN UP!!!