PDA

View Full Version : Want to come to Sturgis in 2010?

ratast
16th January 2010, 23:12
Looking for few bikes to fill container leaving Wellinton late May headed to Los Angeles.
Pick your bike mid July and ride off on the most exciting ride of your life through the most scenic country outside of NZ.
70 th Anniversary at Sturgis this year, why not become one of the 600,000 riding in for a week of bike related fun. I can give advice re best roads to ride or you can join our group where all is done for you leaving you nothing to do but enjoy riding across Golden Gate, around Grand Canyon,Yosemite and Route 66 on the way to Las Vegas.
Bikes crated up 30th August,but provision can be made to do so earlier.
All this and crate supplied for approx. $3000.00:yes::yes:
Cheers Ratast

scumdog
17th January 2010, 00:36
Tell me/PM me more...:wait:

pritch
23rd January 2010, 20:51
SD, I think you frightened him off :sherlock:

I'd almost buy a Harley just so's to go on that. Almost!

Hitcher
24th January 2010, 17:39
I'd almost buy a Harley just so's to go on that. Almost!

Mrs H and I rode into Sturgis 2008 astride a Yamaha FJR1300T. We even parked it amongst all of the Harleys on Main Street. Nobody seemed to mind or indeed take any notice for that matter!

Bren
24th January 2010, 17:43
Funny you should post this. I have been seriously thinking about the same thing...in fact mentioned to my wife today and she agreed. The plan for me is to get there before I am 50...ugh..Its only 10 years away...

Hey, If I win lotto I will join you....going to check my ticket now

Hitcher
24th January 2010, 17:45
Mrs H and I went to Sturgis as part of one of Ratast's tours. We recommend this highly. The scenery across the parts of Canada and the USA we went through is fantastic. We hope it's more than a once-in-a-lifetime experience...

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 00:23
i heard you get mauled if you dont ride a harley and have at least 1k worth of harley merchandise.

BIG DOUG
26th January 2010, 18:18
You should do it ,we went last year to sturgis and bonniville there is so much to do around sturgis mt rushmore,deadwood etc we were up at 8 in the mornining and getting home at 3am the next day for a week ,meet heaps of good people and stayed with a family in rapid city who I meet on another forum we are already planning to go back in 2012 but this time I will be taking my hardtail shovel or 51 pan if it is finished.lol oh yea people don't care what you ride just as long as your riding.

Hitcher
26th January 2010, 19:47
i heard you get mauled if you dont ride a harley and have at least 1k worth of harley merchandise.

The only people at any danger at Sturgis are those who trailer their bikes there, rather than ride them. Hence explaining t-shirts emblazoned with such things as "Nice trailer, pussy!"

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 20:10
hhahaha what if you helicoptered your bike there......:laugh:\

Then you'd be in a world of trouble.....