PDA

View Full Version : 2010 weapon

woodyracer
20th January 2010, 20:16
Stripped the bike down now, the bike is now running a straight exhaust, and nows ready for the track!

After the bike has showed it is fast enoguh to take out A-grade ive done a few things to the bike {this is for someone wanting to build a cbr125 f4 bike}

*stripped it down {lights,indicators,other crap}
*taken off muffler, it works great with a straight pipe
*RAPID ART nz clip on's
*demon crash bungs
*125gp slicks
*raised billet foot pegs
*race shift

Cant wait for mt welly, but unfortunaly i wont be goign to royshil anymore because ive got to concentrate on my ss150 racing.

Wish the best for 2010 buckets.

Buckets4Me
21st January 2010, 05:43
needs folding pegs and more nylon on them
otherwise we may be kiked out of the track for good if you go down and rip the tarmack up

looking good see you on the 14th feb ?

Buddha#81
21st January 2010, 07:42
needs folding pegs and more nylon on them
otherwise we may be kiked out of the track for good if you go down and rip the tarmack up

looking good see you on the 14th feb ?

......and a muffler, it wont go any better, it will just be louder and give you the impression of it being faster.......LOUDER is not faster!

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 09:33
trust me with no muffler it is faster, also the foot pegs dont have to fold, as john connors dont fold, but ill put nylon on them.

quallman1234
21st January 2010, 11:18
Are you sure its not too loud?

Singles need a little bit of back pressure don't they? Im thinking No Muffler = bad idea.

richban
21st January 2010, 11:39
Are you sure its not too loud?

Singles need a little bit of back pressure don't they? Im thinking No Muffler = bad idea.

I would think its about 500mm to long. And way to loud. And just still a 125 4 bagger. Back pressure not an issue correct length and header size is the big one.

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 13:24
no, its got plenty of back pressure, as at the end of the pipe it coems to a tip, also its not loud at all.......i heard several FXR's at the TRRS which were louder.

singles deffinitly need back pressure, but it seems to have enoguh at the moment. It sonds healthy and has still got good throttle response.

F5 Dave
21st January 2010, 14:00
Don't listen to Rich, I heard he had the slowest 4 stroke at the TRRS. Instead put your faith in urban myths.

Mmmm . . . mythalicious.

saxet
21st January 2010, 14:10
C'mon Dave, don't STRANGLE the conversation. Or should I GET A GRIP on myself?

richban
21st January 2010, 14:20
To true. I must try and make it go faster. I was thinking of some exhaust mods. Back pressure you say, well!

jasonu
21st January 2010, 15:03
Loud doesn't equal fast. At Mt Welli you won't be allowed to ride if you are too loud.
Don't be a dickhead, get a decient muffler. A proper raceing muffler that will make your ride legal will be hardly noticeable power wise. If you don't believe it, go to John Connors dyno and do compareing runs. Post the results here for all to see.

Str8 Jacket
21st January 2010, 15:11
To true. I must try and make it go faster. I was thinking of some exhaust mods. Back pressure you say, well!

I got a bit of 'back pressure' I might be able to spare..... Yeah, I wouldn't listen to any of these guys woodyracer, in fact surely you can remove more stuff. I mean, you dont need footpegs, just keep your legs off the ground and you sure as hell wont need a battery. In fact you might want to put a smaller carb on it and take the air box off it too! Oh oh oh, if you were really serious you would also get smaller rims and take all the unnecessary spokes of them. Also if you get tyres with only a small amount of rubber on them that'll help with the weight issue too.

Oh man, you are soo gonna rock the track!! :yeah:

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 15:23
is that sarcasm?? also it fuel injection.....i cant do anythign to that as it costs big money..

Str8 Jacket
21st January 2010, 15:32
is that sarcasm?? also it fuel injection.....i cant do anythign to that as it costs big money..

Whilst I am concerned that you have to ask I feel compelled to tell you, yes I was being sarcastic!

What I should have said was; you should listen to the advice given to you by the peole who bucket race now. Noise and damage to the track is a big factor in why we lose locations to bucket race. TBH, I think that it is better to have fold up pegs as if you do scrape them they wont dig into the ground and flip you off. As for the muffler, even of they do let you on the track with the noise do what you want but you sure as hell best not come on here complaining when your bike aint running right cause these mean old guys will give you so much shit you might cry.
Also, you still have so much to learn and if your one goal is "to take out A Grade" then you may miss out on learning things that will help you race both in buckets and on 'big' tracks. I have seen you ride and while you are fast you still have much to learn about how to do it well. Yes, you beat me in one race but you also crashed right in front of me i another. The only way you are ever going to be a really fast rider is when you learn to be, not when you rely on a bike to make you fast.

That said, I think that you have the potential to go far. You, like myself just need to learn to listen and accept and practice the things that people tell you.

Good luck mate, hoep to see you in SS150 for the Nationals Support rcae at Manfeild?

F5 Dave
21st January 2010, 16:13
C'mon Dave, don't STRANGLE the conversation. Or should I GET A GRIP on myself?
And you should know.

F5 Dave
21st January 2010, 16:16
ok this thread is boring now, time for a musical interlude now you have me on the subject.

Click Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jGqx3sqq-4) for noise

Str8 Jacket
21st January 2010, 16:17
My computer has no speakers.... *boring*! :p

F5 Dave
21st January 2010, 16:23
Humph! & I'd just given you some bling for the stored up backpressure joke, that's gratitude, well skrew you sideways. I have it on vinyl if that helps Granny?

No hold on you were a tape deck gurl huh? Wonder if I can still make one of those? Can you still buy them?

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 16:47
im not stupid, i know if it dosnt run right all i have to do is bolt on 3 nuts and the origional "perfectly" working muffler is on. Im just trying things out to see if they are better........thats how bikes get faster......

Also as i mentioned before i dont think its loud......remember its only a 125cc SOHC 2 vavle engie so it aint a loud motor like the FXR'S...., folding foot pegs are better but i know alot of people that dont have them......so im not concerned, plus i will put nylon on the tips of the pegs.

I am still learing, and that was the first time id ever ridden the bike, i did crash and that was my fault for thinking my track was completly dry.
But i always aim high, so yes i do want to take out A-grade some day.

I dont care what people say on KB, because most of them laughed at my CBR and said it was a waste of money.......now the bike has got me doing 31sec laps around mt welly.......so i guess i was right about something.....

Yow Ling
21st January 2010, 17:25
is woodyracer really dellorto ?
that would help me understand things better

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 17:31
go smack your head yow ying, then maybe you'll fit into society

Kickaha
21st January 2010, 18:02
go smack your head yow ying, then maybe you'll fit into society

He fits in just fine and a more helpful person would be extremely hard to find, maybe after finishing the bike you should look around for that sense of humour you seem to have lost

Buckets4Me
21st January 2010, 18:30
go easy on him guys

and good idear to put nylon on the peg tips
the rules state that you have to have folding pegs (I know I dont but I dont have pegs only sliders I put my feet on)

my old bucket did 31's arount M'tWellignton with tz350 on it :)
MtWellington isn't a HP track so a slow bike wont stop you doing good times
Just ask that old guy from wellington on an rs-rg50

and the guys giving you stick remember the sill coments from last time (they are old and lost all there patients)
but they are all here to help and most know a thing or 2 about making a fast 4 stroke

go get that 150 upgrade for it :)
fixes the injection problem and makes it competitive
(it was only a cbr150 that could stay infrount of that ESE bike that made it to BOB this year)

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 18:40
cheers. i dont realy need to much more speed, and i cant afford to spend more money on it because im saving for a 650 pro twin.

Im going to test the bike at manfeild on the 30th and if the bike dosnt like the straight pipe then ill change it.

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 18:46
well the day he makes a helpful comment will be a great one!

gav
21st January 2010, 19:05
Welcome to Woodyracer, the new SkidMark .......

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 19:12
lets not say things we cant take back......

Also im not like him.......i buy motorbikes befor taking them....

Im just sick of all the old goobers holding a grudge with me.

Yow Ling
21st January 2010, 19:56
So Ill take that as a yes, actually I didnt know you had rebranded yourself.
You could mug me in the street and i still wouldnt know who you were.
Good luck with your bike, isnt there a rule in the general section of the rules requiring a muffler, otherwise my lc would have straight stingers, just because they sound good !

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 20:04
thanks for that mate, sorry if i can come across as a young idiot, im just ambicous

By the way i rebranded myself because i know longer use dellorto carburators.......:]

richban
21st January 2010, 20:10
cheers. i dont realy need to much more speed, and i cant afford to spend more money on it because im saving for a 650 pro twin.

Im going to test the bike at manfeild on the 30th and if the bike dosnt like the straight pipe then ill change it.

I will be there on Saturday and Sunday. Come and say hello. If you want to gauge how quick your CBR is Manfield will tell you.

Buckets4Me
21st January 2010, 20:11
thanks for that mate, sorry if i can come across as a young idiot, im just ambicous

By the way i rebranded myself because i know longer use dellorto carburators.......:]

they made of wood now lol
sorry
well actualy I'm not

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 21:38
sure, im going to just take it out on the practice day, to see how it goes......, i wont be racing it tho, the ss150 bike comes first.

Bert
21st January 2010, 22:07
I will be there on Saturday and Sunday. Come and say hello. If you want to gauge how quick your CBR is Manfield will tell you.

I'm quite keen to see how my 30 year old TF fears up against these modern fuel injected things....

don't forget your gearing woody and remember the 92dB limit down here.
SOHC or not you will need some form of muffler as it is not always directly related to noise but also the frequency produced; my GF can break 92 yelling at me...

woodyracer
21st January 2010, 22:19
my bike is much quieter than a gsxr1000.......so it should be alright, but if its not ill put the muffler back on.

So bert, are you racing at manfeild?

Bert
22nd January 2010, 05:53
my bike is much quieter than a gsxr1000.......so it should be alright, but if its not ill put the muffler back on.

Yip, only my bucket. so I'll be seeing if my tf can drag my 100kg fat ass around the track...

your assumption about size (cc) vs. volume (noise level) is slightly flawed (but I assume you already know this).
In saying that, I'm assuming that the still teach some classical physics at school these day; who knows.

ajturbo
22nd January 2010, 06:08
Don't listen to Rich, I heard he had the slowest 4 stroke at the TRRS. Instead put your faith in urban myths.

Mmmm . . . mythalicious.

but, but ... he had the best crash of the day..... therefore he knows what he is talking about...... i think lol

ajturbo
22nd January 2010, 06:15
my old bucket did 31's arount M'tWellignton with tz350 on it :)
MtWellington isn't a HP track so a slow bike wont stop you doing good times
Just ask that old guy from wellington on an rs-rg50

good point... in fact, luke went there and only in his SECOND race meet ever, finished 15th (in the 2hr) on the rg50, that included crashing 3 time AND having to replace the brake leaver... 3 times.
so no, power is not needed there... but it would help lol

nigela
22nd January 2010, 06:27
There will be quite a few bucket at Manfeild on 30 Jan. I will be bringing the Senke to see if the adjustments I have made have improved it much. Testing it in the street (what not me officer) it seems to have a lot more get up and go, even with my fat arse on it.

Mr AJ Turbo, I haven't recieved your entry yet for the sunday racing???

Buddha#81
22nd January 2010, 07:38

Look, I understand very little and are quite stupid. But as some of us has pointed out the bike wont go any better with the pipe off. So put the fooken thing back on before you draw attention to yourself and buckets as a class. I dont know if you go out of your way to come across as a know it all, arrogant little sh#t but you do a bloody good job of it.

Several times in different threads some very clever people have given you some useful information and you end up either pissing them off or choosing to ignore them. I strongly suggest if you have talent (which some on here who know you personally, think you have) I'd zip it and start listening to some very sound advice.

F5 Dave
22nd January 2010, 08:37
im not stupid, i know if it dosnt run right all i have to do is bolt on 3 nuts and the origional "perfectly" working muffler is on. Im just trying things out to see if they are better........thats how bikes get faster......

Yes you are. You are mind bogglingly stupid. I have trouble with your inability to see clear reason. Of course it is going to be too bloody loud without the muffler, (no matter what size it is). I mean Duh!:rolleyes:

But the rules don't apply to you do they? I don't have to have folding pegs, I don't have to have a muffler. My mother says I'm special.

Listen to some of these guys, they have more than half a clue. Dissing respected posters like Mike will earn you no respect. And there is a point. Don't expect people to give you respect. You have to earn it. If people keep telling you you sound like a spoiled brat - Guess what?

Bren_chch
22nd January 2010, 09:10
You are mind bogglingly stupid.

hahaha funny!!

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 10:57
you know what, i can do what i want, if i want to try something then ill do it. Im not breaking any rules so piss off.

If you would not post of my threads i would be very happy. HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF ITS TOO LOUD???? HAVE YOU EVEN HEARD IT YET??......until you do hear it can you please keep your opinions to yourself.

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 10:59
why do oyu even post junk like that??.......as if im goign to listen........

KB is full of fuckwards........and id class you as one of those. Draw attention to myself??......i dont care.......

Str8 Jacket
22nd January 2010, 11:02
you know what, i can do what i want, blah blah

KB is full of fuckwards.........

You said it mate!

F5 Dave
22nd January 2010, 11:06
you know what, i can do what i want, if i want to try something then ill do it........

why do oyu even post junk like that??.......as if im goign to listen.........
This is classic, I don't really have to add anything to this do I?
Having so much of a Tanty you can't even type straight.

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 11:07
yer im trying to give you guys good signatures.......

F5 Dave
22nd January 2010, 11:09
ok that at least was funny.

ajturbo
22nd January 2010, 11:30
Yes you are. You are mind bogglingly stupid. I have trouble with your inability to see clear reason. Of course it is going to be too bloody loud without the muffler, (no matter what size it is). I mean Duh!:rolleyes:

But the rules don't apply to you do they? I don't have to have folding pegs, I don't have to have a muffler. My mother says I'm special.

Listen to some of these guys, they have more than half a clue. Dissing respected posters like Mike will earn you no respect. And there is a point. Don't expect people to give you respect. You have to earn it. If people keep telling you you sound like a spoiled brat - Guess what?

gee dave... you practicing for your rugrat?..lol

White trash
22nd January 2010, 12:09
Yes you are. You are mind bogglingly stupid.

Yeeaaaahhhh, but you're certainly smarter than the average bear Dave so he's probably gonna seem even more stupid to you :D

Buckets4Me
22nd January 2010, 12:11
gee dave... you practicing for your rugrat?..lol

you are ment to ignore them when they are doing that

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 12:21
ive done some more extensive "NASA-LIKE" testing, and im pretty sure ive lost abit of throttle response, the exhaust is 92dB....so it shoudl be alright.

Henk
22nd January 2010, 14:53
ive done some more extensive "NASA-LIKE" testing, and im pretty sure ive lost abit of throttle response, the exhaust is 92dB....so it shoudl be alright.

Please don't tell me you have been doing Chaos rider tuning by sniffing the exhaust.
Everyone seems to assume that the manufacturers throw the muffler together as some sort of after thought, I doubt this is the case. What came stock may be restrictive and limit power somewhat but by guting it to get more flow you will also have to change the fueling to match. Since it's injected you can't swap brass and if it runs better at some part of the rev range it will probably run worse at others without the mapping changed. Given more flow it may also run dangerously lean at one point or another so unless you are planning on puting the thing on a dyno with an EGA I'd probably stay away from gutting the muffler unless you are prepared to risk an expensive mistake.

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 15:24
cheers henk, i realy jsut have to get the bike out on the track. until then its jsut guess work.

Henk
22nd January 2010, 15:46
Unless you put it on a dyno and get it tuned, it's guess work. You can do as many plug chops as you like but you can't do anything about the results and if it ends up runing too lean you'll end up with a ventillated piston and an expensive mess.

jasonu
22nd January 2010, 15:53
ok this thread is boring now, time for a musical interlude now you have me on the subject.

Click Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jGqx3sqq-4) for noise

Nice clip Dave. Was that you on the bass?

jasonu
22nd January 2010, 15:59
you know what, i can do what i want, if i want to try something then ill do it. Im not breaking any rules so piss off.

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF ITS TOO LOUD???? HAVE YOU EVEN HEARD IT YET??......until you do hear it can you please keep your opinions to yourself.

Experience says it will be too loud. I would bet $'s on it.

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 16:55
.....there is no expirience with cbr125r's.....they are new.

Henk
22nd January 2010, 17:19
Noisiest bikes at MX these days, 4 stroke 250s with after market pipes.
Just because the model is new doesn't mean the experience of years with high reving small capacity bikes becomes meaningless. I'd guess that it will horribly loud as well.

Str8 Jacket
22nd January 2010, 18:58

The laws of thermodynamics have not been set! They're new and they're from outta space!! *naaanunaaanu*

gav
22nd January 2010, 19:54

CB125 SOHC 2 valve engine, old as the hills, maybe even older? It hasnt still got push rods has it?

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 20:12
........please catch up with technology mr.gav, its a watercooled, 2 vavle, unicam 125cc single cyclinder, its also fuel injected.

So it is a pretty new motor.

Str8 Jacket
22nd January 2010, 20:14
........please catch up with technology mr.gav, its a watercooled, 2 vavle, unicam 125cc single cyclinder, its also fuel injected.

Single cam 2 valve?! Old skool as bro! Not new, its cheap! :laugh:

(Edit)FYI: http://www.suzukicycles.org/GN-series/GN125.shtml
Shoulda bought a loncin! ;)

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 20:28
the lay-out may be cheap but the watercooling and FI arnt........

i guess its the "NEW" cb125 single then......lol

gav
22nd January 2010, 20:29

Its not a unicam motor with 2 valves mr woody, the whole idea of the unicam is one cam running 4 valves!!

Buckets4Me
22nd January 2010, 21:58
Its not a unicam motor with 2 valves mr woody, the whole idea of the unicam is one cam running 4 valves!!

I thout uni means one and cam means cam and .What was I saying

ye thats right go buy a 150 4 valve head and barrel and CARB
then you might have a chance to keep up with the not so noisy and much older tech gp125's

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 21:59
oh yea......just a minor typo there......

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 22:01
i dont need that much power......BUCKETS4ME

Buckets4Me
22nd January 2010, 22:18
yea right
you wish for 22 at the rear wheel :)

woodyracer
22nd January 2010, 22:30
who said i dont already have 22 at the rear wheel......hhaahha

Buckets4Me
23rd January 2010, 02:35
who said i dont already have 22 at the rear wheel......hhaahha

now you are dreaming :)

SS90
23rd January 2010, 03:51
Just to play devils advocate (for a change)

I have thought about Woodyracers brave statements regarding noise and had to wonder.

First though woodmeister, as other have pointed out (some in an unkind way) that the concept of a single OHC engine is about as dated as it gets.

Seriously.

It's (marginally) more advanced than a push rod engine (like the old 4 valve Guzzi's from the mid eighties)

IF (and here I am keeping an open mind), the exhaust simply exist a straight header, into a muffler, regardless of the configuration (number of valves, cams etc), Andif you then remove that muffler, well, the noise will be VERY loud.

Something like your old mans Briggs and stratton with the rusted out muffler.

Think of those silly slash cut drag pipes on sportster Harley's.

It would be near enough to half that volume.

Now, here is where there may be an exception.

Your bike, is most likely to have a catalytic converter.

Sometimes (but not always) the CAT is in the muffler.

Occasionally, it is in the header system, located under the engine.

Now, IF that is the case, then, I believe that would be a reason that the exhaust noise is not (according to you) excessive.

By that, I mean, IF the CAT is still in the system (and said CAT is very restrictive), then that could well knock the DB level down considerably.

I have not looked at one of these exhaust systems, but I am trying to "throw you a rope" here Max.

Can you post a picture of your complete exhaust system?

Because if this is not the case, and the header is simply "straight through", then you may well have deafened yourself from the initial start up, and now have impared hearing.....because NO WAY will that pass noise levels on a track.

Fuel injection or otherwise.

As far as performance goes Max, The limiting factor in your engine (other than the small displacement) is the fact that it is single cam.

Is it 4 valve?

I havn't checked.

If so, it makes for a very heavy valve gear, which not only takes horsepower, but, at high RPM (as a result of that weight), it can, after a while suffer reliability problems with the heavy valve gear.

DOHC don't suffer from this, as, in general, the cams operate directly on top of the valve, via a shim and bucket set up, reducing mass, freeing up power, and improving reliabilty.

The Extra cam weight id outweighed (pun intended) by the gains by reducing the mass of the (now gone) rocker arms.

In short, DOHC is much more powerful and reliable.

Check your valve clearances often, in such a set up, they get a hammering.

SS90
23rd January 2010, 07:45
I got curious Max, and had a look at a picture of your bike.

See this bulge in the middle of the header?

I seriously think that it is a Catalytic converter permanently fitted to your header from factory.

If this is the case (and it would seem) I would do some research and find out if (I suspect it won't) effect your fueling if you went down to your local muffler shop with a sample and got them to bend up a "straight through" header to remove the (it would seem) CAT from the system.

There is every likelyhood some people on here owe you an apology if this is the case Max.

Would pay to test my theory out before you gloat though..............

It would explain why you notice little noise increase when you removed the muffler........

SS90
23rd January 2010, 07:55
Found an article containing this line

To continue Honda's "green" corporate goals, the CBR125 utilizes electronic fuel injection and a catalytic converter that combine to exceed the stringent Euro 3 emissions standards due in 2008.

on this address

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Testing/Honda/2007_CBR125R/page1.htm

Euro 3 is pretty damned tough...............

SS90
23rd January 2010, 07:58

Your wise message gets lost in some childish abuse Dave, I expected more from an adult.

Is this the sort of thing your wee boy can expect when his youthful exuberance impedes his ability to clearly define a scenario, I hope not.

Letter bombs to the usual address please.

Henk
23rd January 2010, 08:09
From the sales blurb on the honda website

Ultra-Low Emissions The CBR125R’s lightweight and compact new fuel injection system also ensures exceptional fuel economy and ultra-low exhaust emissions. Its advanced HECS3 oxygen-sensing clean emissions system features a high-efficiency 300-cell catalyser element installed in-line in the exhaust system to ensure easy compliance with strict EURO-3 exhaust emissions regulations while maintaining top performance.

So there is one in there somewhere. Now you've got me curious as to where it is. SS90 may well be right so guting the can won't give as much extra flow as hoped for and possibly not as much noise as we all assummed. A new header could well be the way to go for more power (and a further weight reduction). Not quite as simple as geting a new pipe bent for something carbureted though since I'm sure there will be a lambda sensor in there somewhere and I'm not sure how critical the positioning on these is. I suspect it will run like complete crap if it is simply left disconnected and that any potential gains will only be realised with dyno time and some tweaking of the relevant maps. The dyno runs may be avoided by doing plug chops etc but the remapping is going to have to happen at some stage. I'm sure that in time FI bikes will out number carburetted in the class and that buckets with USB plugs in a handy location will be nothing unusual but at the moment the number of people who can swap brass with some success outnumber those that can reprogram an engine managment system. Dyno runs are a useful tool for carbed bikes as well and I know mine would probably run better having been tuned that way but it takes away some of the backyard mechanic aspect of the sport and I do enjoy playing in the garage. Maybe one day when I think that a little more power will help. At the moment I just need to hold it on longer and get back on it earlier, and a faster motor is going to make that harder to do not easier so might actually slow down my lap times, would definitely slow down the learing curve at the moment.Fast bikes don't win races, fast riders do, especially in a class where the bikes are reasonably close. You are never going to win races in F4 on cart tracks based solely on power down the straights if you lose it all through the corners.

richban
23rd January 2010, 08:44
If it has got gas sensors in there stay away from Av Gas. It usually kills them quick. Like really quick.

F5 Dave
23rd January 2010, 08:49
And you know what? I did think about a cat in the system (albeit last night). But cat or no cat it isn't going to quieten that thing down pulling full revs on the straight.

And the moral high ground is an amusing position for you to be taking.

Watch this bike get sold in a fuss like the FXR did.

SS90
23rd January 2010, 09:03
And you know what? I did think about a cat in the system (albeit last night). But cat or no cat it isn't going to quieten that thing down pulling full revs on the straight.

You are right Dave, down the straight, under load, it will be louder than his "N.A.S.A tests"

But he is young, and, at the very least, learned (hopefully) that he needed to be asking questions as to "why" this was happening.

To many people jumped on him.

This is a 2010 version of "where do I put the oil?"

richban
23rd January 2010, 09:32
Back to the bike. I think these things have massive potential. As soon as the capacity / compression problem is fixed and the exhaust is designed you could really look at tuning it. I don't know if there is any way to plug into the efi / ign control. There must be a way. Our chuck it and run an ignitech unit.

People have been moding these in the UK for years.

SS90
23rd January 2010, 09:43
Back to the bike. I think these things have massive potential. As soon as the capacity / compression problem is fixed and the exhaust is designed you could really look at tuning it. I don't know if there is any way to plug into the efi / ign control. There must be a way. Our chuck it and run an ignitech unit.

People have been moding these in the UK for years.

The important thing to ask about the EFI system, or, is, it "closed loop", or "open loop"

That will define what you can, and cannot do.

Schrgd
23rd January 2010, 09:50

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Someone is highly overrating water cooling and fi methinks!

Taking out A grade with a single cam, 2 valve, 125, has been done!

Taking out A grade with a "new" single cam, 2 valve, 125, with no muffler, that can't be modified, in current hands,................................PRICELESS

This is the best read since the fxr for sale thread,

Thanks skidmax

Schrgd
23rd January 2010, 09:51
baaaaaaa hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

Sorry, thought i was all laughed out,

Thanks again skidmax

richban
23rd January 2010, 09:57
The important thing to ask about the EFI system, or, is, it "closed loop", or "open loop"

That will define what you can, and cannot do.

I would guess closed loop but don't know. Also they mention the O2 sensor is inferred so might not die with av gas like the probe type sensors.

richban
23rd January 2010, 10:00
Taking out A grade with a "new" single cam, 2 valve, 125, with no muffler, that can't be modified, in current hands,................................PRICELESS

I thought he has a bit of cash that would fix the bike ....

Schrgd
23rd January 2010, 10:10

I thought he has a bit of cash that would fix the bike ....

But not enough to buy the infinitely better cbr150r with a "new" motor.

There may a cheap cbr125 coming up for sale soon, doesn't start but new fuel and refitting muffler might sort it

Hey skidmax have you seen the new YZF125R?? (hint hint) be really fast, and be cool to see one on a kart track!

xr-rider
23rd January 2010, 11:20
just listen to these guys max. they know what they are on about with noise. PUT THE MUFFLER BACK ON.

woodyracer
23rd January 2010, 11:24
or maybe i should use a car exhaust????.........i heard they work well.......hahha....NOT

woodyracer
23rd January 2010, 11:26
SCHRGD.......you have a serious probelm, every ytime you come on kiwibiker you have a carrot stuck up your ass

GET IT SORTED!

woodyracer
23rd January 2010, 11:41
OK, ive still got the muffler and its perfectly fine, so when i test the bike at manfeild on the 30th, is it doesnt run right, im going to put the muffler back on.

And F5DAVE ect........ im just learning how to modify bikes, cut me some slack!!, you always jump to insults, and i dont do that with you!

Schrgd
23rd January 2010, 11:54
or maybe i should use a car exhaust????.........i heard they work well.......hahha....NOT

They work really well, I have a spare if interested,!!

Although not sure if I get a 5hp increase, as with your fxr, it is an increase on what it was, And if not i like the way it sounds!

But if everyone else, based on previous experience, said i couldn't run it. I don't think I would have the audacity to imply "that I know better" after not being in the sport very long.

A little advise can go a long way.

woodyracer
23rd January 2010, 12:00
i bet some people thought your car rexhaust was stupid when you first put it on??
well if it works then who cares.......

Just like my exhaust, nobody has heard it......and nobody has seen it on the track......

It might not work, but if it dosnt what do i have to loose?.......

Schrgd
23rd January 2010, 12:22
i bet some people thought your car rexhaust was stupid when you first put it on??
well if it works then who cares.......

Just like my exhaust, nobody has heard it......and nobody has seen it on the track......

It might not work, but if it dosnt what do i have to loose?.......

Ironically, The only reason that the car exhaust ended up on bike is at 11pm the friday before my first meeting, it was all i had in the garage, it was free, and if I didn't use it, i would't expect to turn up at most track's in NZ on any bike without no muffler and expect to be allowed on the track.

woodyracer
23rd January 2010, 19:34
thats where you are wrong, im turnig up to the track WITH a muffler.....

RDjase
23rd January 2010, 20:12
So Ill take that as a yes, actually I didnt know you had rebranded yourself.
You could mug me in the street and i still wouldnt know who you were.
Good luck with your bike, isnt there a rule in the general section of the rules requiring a muffler, otherwise my lc would have straight stingers, just because they sound good !

Straight Stingers , yes please, Whats the decibel reading again , 110 for LC's and 95 for everyone else

woodyracer
23rd January 2010, 20:34
my 25cc goped used to have a straight pipe and man was it LOUD!, and that was only a 25cc weed eater motor....lol

SS90
23rd January 2010, 21:53
Now Wooyracer, back to business.

A little research will tell you, is your injection system "closed loop", or "open loop"?

This is important, and will determine what you are able to do (and HOW you go about it) to your bucket.

woodyracer
23rd January 2010, 22:16
i wouldnt have a clue ss90, but i know one thing, The guys from honda have a cbr125, its got an aftermarket exhaust and it dosnt seem to go like mine did because i had the standard exhaust, mine seems to no rev as high, and not have as much power on the straight, but im almost certain that i had better throttle response with the standard muffler then they did.

So its looking like i should put the standard exhaust on because when i started it today and revved it, it hesitated before reving when i pulled the accelerator, but before it didnt do that. Alothough the main reason i took the muffler off in the first place is because it weighs 3KG......and when i took the muffler off to weigh it out of curiosity, my dad dared me to start the bike without the muffler on to see how loud it would be. So i did so, and we were both suprised how quiet it was. And thats how i got to where i am now :]

SS90
23rd January 2010, 22:21
Uh hu.

OK, so, whip out to your shed, and look at the entire length of the header system (that bulge in the middle is the restrictive CAT), anywhere along the length, is there a single wire going into what looks like a bolt, mounted on the header system.

IF yes, then it is closed loop.

woodyracer
23rd January 2010, 22:25
nope their aint no wire......., how should i come about getting rid of the CAT?, I cant afford a new exhaust system as im saving.

Thanks for the help, its much appreciated.

SS90
23rd January 2010, 22:31
Ok, what you have is called "open loop" (basically, this is an older system that does not use an o2 sensor to calculate, and adjust fueling, it relies on a predetermined fuel curve)

It's simply a cheaper system.

take your header in to the muffler shop, and simply get them to cut the cat out, and replace it with a straight bit if tube (inexpensive really).

I guarantee you you will gain power, and won't have problems with fueling.

It's been done before.

woodyracer
23rd January 2010, 22:35
thanks will do. Might get pit stop to do it when the jeep gets its brakes done. -Max

aircooled
24th January 2010, 00:16
sensor is in head near header outlet

cbr125 13hp with pipe , power commander. 13/42 gearing.

woodyracer
24th January 2010, 00:21
thanks, have you had a cbr125 on a dyno?, -Max

aircooled
24th January 2010, 00:31
yes to sort the fuel mapping for pipe & air box mod

SS90
24th January 2010, 01:05
yes to sort the fuel mapping for pipe & air box mod

Well, that makes it a "closed loop" system, and will, as Aircooled says, require a power commander to get the bike running correctly..........

13HP with pipe AND air box mods?

Blegh!

I honestly don't think you will get much of a competitive machine out of this one Max....... it may well Co$t a bit just to keep up with a standard FXR150 in the power stakes

Power commander
big bore kit
header mods

probably 15 HP, maybe 16

I can't remember, but I think down in Chch Kiakaha rode an FXR with more than 20hp

that blows a grand before you even have the bike on a dyno........ may well be best advised to leave it as it is and ride the wheels off it!

Just a "heads up" as well max, but "back in the day" (cough cough) GN125/GS125 (air cooled, single OHC 2 valve) engines, could, with very little work be (reliabily) coaxed up to 14 HP with little more than a $80 muffler attached to a home bent header, a quick port job (head still on the bike, head off, and you could get 2 more HP) and a GN250 carb (no air box OR jet changes whatsoever)

Total cost (including 17 in wheels, and purchasing the bike, which was a minter)..........$700.

This was all 6 years ago, so not exactly a millenium.

People sometimes resent when others come in and go "cheque book racing" in a class that for years has promoted innovation.

There is a guy on here who goes by the name "oyster" (Pete Jones),Max, in the late eighties (maybe the early ninties......a VT would have been to new for Jonsey to get his hands on in the eighties) he built his own alloy framed bucket, with a vt250 head fitted onto (I think) a CB125 bottom end.

5 or so years ago, he pulled it out of his shed, and whipped almost everyones arse in a street race in Rakia (actually, I became famous in the sidecar world at that meeting....for all the wrong reasons)

Perhaps if you PM'd oyster, he could find some pictures of the bike, and maybe even give you some advise, he's very helpful.

BIg bore, VT250 head (I have 2 in christchurch in my mothers garage you can have if you want), then you may start making some power!

You could run the EFI, or perhaps continue with it running a carb would be easier, as a VT head does not have a camshaft position sensor, although maybe neither does the CBR125, as you can run off a crank angle sensor instead, you would have to check and find out what the EFI system uses for data collection.

A power commander would be "must have" for sure.

Even if you don't try it, learning about how you could do it (and why it would make more power) would benefit you (and your racing) massively

What sort of sensors does your CBR run?

If you don't know, take pictures of all the engine sensors you find, post them, and those of us with experience will tell you what they are, what they do, and how they work.

richban
24th January 2010, 08:21
Ok, what you have is called "open loop" (basically, this is an older system that does not use an o2 sensor to calculate, and adjust fueling, it relies on a predetermined fuel curve)

It's simply a cheaper system.

take your header in to the muffler shop, and simply get them to cut the cat out, and replace it with a straight bit if tube (inexpensive really).

I guarantee you you will gain power, and won't have problems with fueling.

It's been done before.

If you make the header 660mm long from the valve then into a good muffler that should work nice at 10000 rpm if it makes its power in another rev range add 50mm to move power down the rev rang (ie 710mm header length = 9500) or shorten it to move it up the rev range (ie 610mm header length = 10500). Header dia I would leave as standard 4 now. Bigger might not be better for you yet. A good header length for an FXR is around the 500 550mm from valve as they make there power at higher revs.

Rick 52
24th January 2010, 09:25
Now that is very good advise max read it more than once .

Kendog
24th January 2010, 09:42
This (http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums/index.php?showforum=15&prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all&st=0)forum may help with info, it seems to be pretty active.

Buckets4Me
24th January 2010, 10:45
http://www.aseanmoto.com/images/CBR-159cc-L.jpg

just cheat these guys to a 190cc kit as well
http://www.aseanmoto.com/images/CBR-197.5cc-L.jpg

and to keep people off your back
http://www.aseanmoto.com/images/NMF-Titanium-L.jpg

woodyracer
24th January 2010, 12:56
OK, i jsut took to the aroudn the block, it goes great!, at first i thought, this feels un responsive, but after gunning it a few times, the whole engine rev's have changed, now it likes being short shifted {not revved out} and now it pulls away better in 3rd from a standing start {which it couldnt do before}

Also it's not loud!, as now it almost gets quieter when your riding it, I realy do like the bike like this, as it pulls better and has a much better ommff when you pull back the accelerator.

There is room for the better exhaust system, but at the moemnt its not my top piority, as the bike is fast enough as it is.

gav
26th January 2010, 17:49
If you make the header 660mm long from the valve then into a good muffler that should work nice at 10000 rpm if it makes its power in another rev range add 50mm to move power down the rev rang (ie 710mm header length = 9500) or shorten it to move it up the rev range (ie 610mm header length = 10500). Header dia I would leave as standard 4 now. Bigger might not be better for you yet. A good header length for an FXR is around the 500 550mm from valve as they make there power at higher revs.

Do you recommend a standard header diameter size for the FXR as well? Is there any advantage with a larger diameter header pipe?

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 17:51
My header got made bigger my "customchambers" and he knows what he's doing so i guess it is better to makei t bigger

richban
26th January 2010, 18:13
Do you recommend a standard header diameter size for the FXR as well? Is there any advantage with a larger diameter header pipe?

With my worked engine I have gone up one size and staged it. Its 1" 1/8 for the first 200 then 1" 1/4 for the next 100 and then 1" 1/2 for another 100. Then into me fruity muffler. Its all unproven but the bike is going good. The engine is designed around peak torque being 12000rpm. Max horsepower should be above the limiter somewhere.

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 18:32
my bike is running a 1" straight through pipe to a steal muffler with a 2cm opening

beat that

did i mention its got usd fork??, hahha serious performance

gav
26th January 2010, 18:32
Thanks for that, looks very neat!

gav
26th January 2010, 18:33
my bike is running a 1" straight through pipe to a steal muffler with a 2cm opening

beat that

You shouldnt steal mufflers Max ....

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 18:35
Thanks for that, looks very neat!

why thanksyou, i think it turned out good.

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 18:35
You shouldnt steal mufflers Max ....

i am speaking chinenglish......duh!

richban
26th January 2010, 19:11

Gav. I didn't really answer the question coz the truth be told I don't know. Its one of those how long is a peice of string questions.

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 19:21
the advantage with a larger header pipe is "back pressure", so basicaly what you want is a pipe sized to accomodate both back pressure for bottom end and a pipe that isnt too fat so you can get top end power. The standard diameter on a fxr is good, but its double wall steal so its better to get a new one made so its lighter. But for kart tracks i find you want bottom end over top end, so a nice big fat header is nice.

The "bananna" bucket has a huge fat header and a 1" straight through muffler, it may pop wheelies like no other gs125, but its got no top end so you are left for dead on the straights. Its down to "What do you want your bike to do?"

Yow Ling
26th January 2010, 19:50
the advantage with a larger header pipe is "back pressure", so basicaly what you want is a pipe sized to accomodate both back pressure for bottom end and a pipe that isnt too fat so you can get top end power. The standard diameter on a fxr is good, but its double wall steal so its better to get a new one made so its lighter. But for kart tracks i find you want bottom end over top end, so a nice big fat header is nice.

The "bananna" bucket has a huge fat header and a 1" straight through muffler, it may pop wheelies like no other gs125, but its got no top end so you are left for dead on the straights. Its down to "What do you want your bike to do?"

Did you just make this up , or did you have help?

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 19:51
i got this advice from a range people thank you very much!

Get back to painting your neck red......

Bren_chch
26th January 2010, 19:54
Get back to painting your neck red...... ok that funny!!! LOL

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 20:07
yes i think i deserve a round of applause\

of course i dont mean any of it :mellow:, yow ling was getting up in my grill :laugh:

gav
26th January 2010, 20:30
Wouldnt a larger diameter header pipe have less back pressure though?

Yow Ling
26th January 2010, 20:37
Wouldnt a larger diameter header pipe have less back pressure though?

Carefull Gav, now you a redneck too. You just trying to get up his griller too !

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 20:37
yes thats what i meant, sorry for the confusion.

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 20:39
Gav is not a redneck....how dare you say that!:angry2:.........

gav
26th January 2010, 21:06
Gav is not a redneck....how dare you say that!:angry2:.........

What? Of course I am, we all are down here .....

richban
26th January 2010, 21:50

I give up!

Buckets4Me
26th January 2010, 21:51

what would you use used forks for ????

woodyracer
26th January 2010, 21:57
what? i cant read thaT

aircooled
30th January 2010, 16:01
so are you giving up on the cbr?

=cJ=
31st January 2010, 15:43
what would you use used forks for ????

Well if they've not been usd that much, I'm sure they have some usdful life left in them...

Buckets4Me
31st January 2010, 18:29
so are you giving up on the cbr?

if he is giving up I want first dibs this time
already have a spare sparkplug and tin of gass

woodyracer
31st January 2010, 22:28
the bike went great at manfeild on saturday, pipe makes a huge difference. Throwing the muffler in the bin.

Yow Ling
1st February 2010, 05:46
you should really keep it , it will make it way easier to sell the bike with the muffler

aircooled
1st February 2010, 15:43
you should really keep it , it will make it way easier to sell the bike with the muffler

or cheaper without the muffler? what pipe did you have on it & huge difference to what, noise, speed or just looks?

NOID
1st February 2010, 18:42
He just has standard pipe i think. not any louder than any of the bikes at manfeild on the weekend / i could only just hear it as he passed me !!!!

it was good to ride with you max, i learned alot from following. if i didnt eat as meny pies and had a longer gear ratio i might have been able to keep up !!

ajturbo
1st February 2010, 19:24
the bike went great at manfeild on saturday, pipe makes a huge difference. Throwing the muffler in the bin.

it was friggin loud young man......

and didn't i over take you on my STOCK GT125 twin a couple of times?..lol

but hey matey.. was great to see you out there doing it!!!!
use your brakes less.... lol ( you only need them for the hair-pin and turn one....)

woodyracer
1st February 2010, 20:03
it was friggin loud young man......

and didn't i over take you on my STOCK GT125 twin a couple of times?..lol

but hey matey.. was great to see you out there doing it!!!!
use your brakes less.... lol ( you only need them for the hair-pin and turn one....)

i remember passing you on the front straight...but i did remeber getting passed by you when my bike changed down instead of changing up {so i hit the revv limiter hahha}

ajturbo
1st February 2010, 21:15
hahahah.. and IF my weight was the same...........

and if my bike weighed the same..........

hahahah

hey is sure looked good though, and i did wonder why you were going slow some of the time,

woodyracer
18th February 2010, 18:03
Ok time for you to cough up your appologies, ill accept them as either a reply or private message....:laugh:

Buckets4Me
18th February 2010, 18:50
Ok time for you to cough up your appologies, ill accept them as either a reply or private message....:laugh:

I appologies for letting you pass so easily
I should have made it more dificult for you

ps your bike isn't the noisest out ther either

woodyracer
18th February 2010, 19:08
I appologies for letting you pass so easily
I should have made it more dificult for you

ps your bike isn't the noisest out ther either

Thanks, it does go very well, i didnt listen to all the critics and it payed off, Got a new pair of bridgestone 125gp slicks for $250 so ill be sorted

Buckets4Me
18th February 2010, 20:28
Thanks, it does go very well, i didnt listen to all the critics and it payed off, Got a new pair of bridgestone 125gp slicks for $250 so ill be sorted

yep saw them and thought that they wouldn't fit your rims so nearly took them home :P (but you where to close)

woodyracer
18th February 2010, 20:48
yep saw them and thought that they wouldn't fit your rims so nearly took them home :P (but you where to close)

hahaahha, i was keeping my eye on them, as the were lyign in the open with a "steal-me" sticker on them.....ahhaha
Was that your 2 smoker i took for a joy ride around the track? i admire the courage of who-ever rides that thing........dosnt handle too badly but its power-band is hard to get right

Buckets4Me
18th February 2010, 21:11
hahaahha, i was keeping my eye on them, as the were lyign in the open with a "steal-me" sticker on them.....ahhaha
Was that your 2 smoker i took for a joy ride around the track? i admire the courage of who-ever rides that thing........dosnt handle too badly but its power-band is hard to get right

it's cullys and power is ok if you use the clutch a bit
but it bounces like crazy I had the back off the ground going around the oval
and the frount chattering going onto the swepper many times (was nearly sick at one point. Scared me silly)

aircooled
18th February 2010, 23:13

are you fitting the slicks to your std cbr wheels or getting wider rims?

woodyracer
19th February 2010, 22:16
are you fitting the slicks to your std cbr wheels or getting wider rims?

na the cbr has wider rims than an a fxr.....

Damien_Toman
19th February 2010, 22:37
I use them on my std FXR wheels and they are great - they just need tubes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dty1/4355362969/sizes/l/in/set-72157623305751769/

Regards

Damien

Pumba
22nd February 2010, 19:45
na the cbr has wider rims than an a fxr.....

Really?

I thought the rims were the same width when I looked at them. I had a quick look online and all I could find is the tyre sizes not the rim sizes:

FXR 80/90/17 front, 100/90/17 rear
CBR 80/80/17 front, 100/80/17 rear

They seem pretty simular to me.

ajturbo
22nd February 2010, 20:04
i'm with you on that Pumba...
those numbers look the same... but then again i was ONLY born in Auckland.... maybe if i still lived there they could be different???

Oh i know... if i was 30 years younger.. my eyes would be better...???

hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha

woodyracer
22nd February 2010, 20:06
Really?

I thought the rims were the same width when I looked at them. I had a quick look online and all I could find is the tyre sizes not the rim sizes:

FXR 80/90/17 front, 100/90/17 rear

I am preety cerain the rear is a 105......, but i could be wrong, puting fxr header with a pit bike can on the bike now!, working great
CBR 80/80/17 front, 100/80/17 rear

They seem pretty simular to me.

The back is a 105 tho i tihnk

Buckets4Me
22nd February 2010, 20:36
yet the rear slick is 120 ???
maby you should give me the rear and I'll let you have a used frount slick
then you could turn it around and use it on the back with the new slick on the frount

:)

woodyracer
22nd February 2010, 20:46
yet the rear slick is 120 ???
maby you should give me the rear and I'll let you have a used frount slick
then you could turn it around and use it on the back with the new slick on the frount

sounds suspicous,

Buckets4Me
22nd February 2010, 21:41
sounds suspicous,

never just have your best interest at heart

aircooled
23rd February 2010, 01:27
cbr125 rim sizes, 1.85 x 17 front
2.15 x 17 rear

could be wrong though,

woodyracer
23rd February 2010, 18:31
Just attached fxr150 head to the cbr {alot fatter than stock cbr header] die-frinder its restrictive weld, and in the process of fitting a pit bike muffler, all for $60........good stuff....

Bert
23rd February 2010, 18:35
So how are you going to deal with the EFI, or did we resolve that earlier ???? Carb ???

woodyracer
23rd February 2010, 19:25
So how are you going to deal with the EFI, or did we resolve that earlier ???? Carb ???

The EFI isnt fussy, the guys from honda were the first to put a fat exhaust on theirs and they said it went great, EFI is better than oyu think....far better than a carby......Ive yet to ride a bucket with more out of corner pick up as mine.....even tho its only like 15hp....

Bren_chch
23rd February 2010, 19:29
Is that 15hp on the dyno, what dyno was it?

woodyracer
23rd February 2010, 19:32
Is that 15hp on the dyno, what dyno was it?

they come 13hp at the crank...so a rough estimate is 15hp....cos ive got a few mods on it

its officaly 105kg aswel which is bloody light

Bren_chch
23rd February 2010, 19:40
105kg... bah! my tzr/fxr150 is hmmm 87kg from memory, this bucket is not tuned for getting out of corners, its tuned for full noise. but it still seems to get out of corners as good as any other and i'm a pie man racing team member!

woodyracer
23rd February 2010, 19:46
105kg... bah! my tzr/fxr150 is hmmm 87kg from memory, this bucket is not tuned for getting out of corners, its tuned for full noise. but it still seems to get out of corners as good as any other and i'm a pie man racing team member!

yeh but my bike has a 62kg pilot.....ahahahah beat that....., Once your on a kart track its all about oout of corenr power...helps alot...

R6_kid
23rd February 2010, 20:12
yeh but my bike has a 62kg pilot.....ahahahah beat that....., Once your on a kart track its all about oout of corenr power...helps alot...

Are you on hormone treatments or something. Last time I checked you hadn't gone through puberty so you're still yet to grow? I went from being about 65kg at age 13 to 88kg by age 16.

richban
23rd February 2010, 20:18
they come 13hp at the crank...so a rough estimate is 15hp...

God, you would hope it's 13 at the wheel. If it's at the crank that has got to be the biggest waist of money ever.

woodyracer
23rd February 2010, 20:30
Are you on hormone treatments or something. Last time I checked you hadn't gone through puberty so you're still yet to grow? I went from being about 65kg at age 13 to 88kg by age 16.

I sense a bitch fit coming on.....

man.......did that come straight from your ass or what....ahahaha

woodyracer
23rd February 2010, 20:31
God, you would hope it's 13 at the wheel. If it's at the crank that has got to be the biggest waist of money ever.

yea..its not that slow..ahhah, it keeps up with fxr's on the straight at mt welly wil ease.....

R6_kid
23rd February 2010, 21:07
I sense a bitch fit coming on.....

man.......did that come straight from your ass or what....ahahaha

I shouldn't bite, but seeing as your a mouthy little tween I think it's worth it, even just for fun.

Maybe you should start talking in straight, proven facts before you start crying about people belittling you on the internet. You come on here with outrageous and unsubstantiated claims about your bikes performance specs, do you actually expect people do believe you or take you seriously?

Unfortunately for you I have more respect for those bucket racers and backyard engineers who work hard and think outside the box to make their bikes fast rather than taking the easy "chequebook" approach, not that meddling in your garage isn't cheap, but it certainly takes more skill and experience than just buying parts to stick on your bike and make it faster. Each to their own though.

speedpro
23rd February 2010, 21:09
Tim might disagree with that.

Old #6 weighed 70Kg and made 22.5rwhp but the handling wasn't that great.
New #6 weighs 90Kg and makes about 21rwhp and handles real good.
I'm hovering round 80Kg so all up a fair bit to drag round with 21hp but we still manage to get out of corners OK, for an old guy anyway. (Old = excuse #1)

Buckets4Me
24th February 2010, 05:48
my bieks 71 kg and I'm only 76 kg
but I'm down to 18.5 hp
exits from corners ok thats what clutches where made for

now if I can get chambers to give me his engine when he builds a new one
I'll be uo to 22 hp :)

Bert
24th February 2010, 06:04
Seem as we are talking about weight.
Does anyone know what a rolling fxr frame weighs? (everything-motor)

woodyracer
24th February 2010, 06:45
I shouldn't bite, but seeing as your a mouthy little tween I think it's worth it, even just for fun.

Maybe you should start talking in straight, proven facts before you start crying about people belittling you on the internet. You come on here with outrageous and unsubstantiated claims about your bikes performance specs, do you actually expect people do believe you or take you seriously?

Unfortunately for you I have more respect for those bucket racers and backyard engineers who work hard and think outside the box to make their bikes fast rather than taking the easy "chequebook" approach, not that meddling in your garage isn't cheap, but it certainly takes more skill and experience than just buying parts to stick on your bike and make it faster. Each to their own though.

ive got a realy nice vanduim spanner at home if you want to hit your head with it, just give it back though.

R6_kid
24th February 2010, 08:01
ive got a realy nice vanduim spanner at home if you want to hit your head with it, just give it back though.

It's called chrome vanadium. I've a got an oversized adjustable crescent for use on a truck, go knock yourself out.

jasonu
24th February 2010, 13:59
they come 13hp at the crank...so a rough estimate is 15hp....cos ive got a few mods on it

My bike weighs 75kg and that is with a radiator full of water

phoenixgtr
24th February 2010, 14:16
yeh but my bike has a 62kg pilot.....ahahahah beat that.....,

All he needs to do is let me ride it. I'm 62kg on a good day....60 on a bad one

Buckets4Me
24th February 2010, 16:55
Seem as we are talking about weight.
Does anyone know what a rolling fxr frame weighs? (everything-motor)

lots ?

Buckets4Me
24th February 2010, 17:06
All he needs to do is let me ride it. I'm 62kg on a good day....60 on a bad one

I can rope in a top level ride that is only 50ish kgs
and put her on a 72kg bike
122 kg all up with gas in the tank and talent to spare (about the same as an unmolested fxr ? without the rider)

koba
24th February 2010, 18:00

I'm sure George told me he weighed his in the weekend at 120kg, where did your weight go?

koba
24th February 2010, 18:01
I can rope in a top level ride that is only 50ish kgs
and put her on a 72kg bike
122 kg all up with gas in the tank and talent to spare (about the same as an unmolested fxr ? without the rider)

C'mon man!
It doesn't count if someone else is riding it!

Buckets4Me
24th February 2010, 18:51
C'mon man!
It doesn't count if someone else is riding it!

why not ???

Henk
24th February 2010, 18:52
My molested FXR with gas in the tank came to 105kg a couple of weeks ago when we were pushing bikes across the scales. Can't remember what the others weighed in at but 110 and 120 seem familiar. a GL145 came in at 80.

Buckets4Me
24th February 2010, 19:00
My molested FXR with gas in the tank came to 105kg a couple of weeks ago when we were pushing bikes across the scales. Can't remember what the others weighed in at but 110 and 120 seem familiar. a GL145 came in at 80.

so when someone with Talent get on a bike that handels and weighing only 122kg ish (rider bike and gass) with 22hp (at the wheel not crank)
we could all be in trouble :)

sounds like a real 2010 weapon
hope it's finished in time

woodyracer
24th February 2010, 19:01
I'm sure George told me he weighed his in the weekend at 120kg, where did your weight go?

Alot.....cant remeber everything, i weighed it on a gokart scale..so pretty accurate...

Damien_Toman
24th February 2010, 22:38
A standard FXR150, like mine, weighs 120kg with about 1-2 litres of fuel (weighed at Mt Wellington go-kart scales). That is with battery, starter motor, std exhaust etc. It does have an XR400 carb, which is big and heavy, and dirt bike bars with bark busters which will add weight. I think I top the Mt Wellington scales tests for buckets according to the guys there on 14 Feb. Add my 80kg body and we have 200kg! At the moment I'm just enjoying the riding and I'm not concerned about weight. I do plan to go for a lighter, less restrictive, exhaust.

Buckets4Me
25th February 2010, 05:39
you not going to bad
so I wodn't worry
it's just us plonkers that need to show off

F5 Dave
25th February 2010, 08:21
And with that; my RG50 before I RS'd it was 59.5kg on kart scales, ready to race but empty tank.

Hey I needed to go crazy as most of my competitors back then were 60mumble kg, and I'm, erm, not.

Buckets4Me
25th February 2010, 21:41
thats got to be the lightest bucket I've heard of

my Gp may well be RS and RG'd soon :)

rs frame and rg400 barrel :)

woodyracer
1st March 2010, 12:43
And with that; my RG50 before I RS'd it was 59.5kg on kart scales, ready to race but empty tank.

Hey I needed to go crazy as most of my competitors back then were 60mumble kg, and I'm, erm, not.

you'd probulay get air-bourne over some of the mt welly bumps with a bike that light......ahahhaha

Buckets4Me
1st March 2010, 19:17
you'd probulay get air-bourne over some of the mt welly bumps with a bike that light......ahahhaha

or lap you far to many time to remember

woodyracer
1st March 2010, 19:21
or lap you far to many time to remember

i have to adjust my non-adjustable suspesion so i dont get to many big bumps....one day thery'll re-surface it.......ahaha

Buckets4Me
1st March 2010, 19:49
i have to adjust my non-adjustable suspesion so i dont get to many big bumps....one day thery'll re-surface it.......ahaha

I wish they would do that
but it takes money :)

woodyracer
1st March 2010, 20:03
I wish they would do that
but it takes money :)

...yer......but it owuld be worth it

koba
12th March 2010, 17:58
thats got to be the lightest bucket I've heard of

my Gp may well be RS and RG'd soon :)

rs frame and rg400 barrel :)

I had a 54Kg 'Bucket'.

woodyracer
12th March 2010, 18:09
I had a 54Kg 'Bucket'.

did that include the engine? ahahha

koba
12th March 2010, 18:20
did that include the engine? ahahha

Yep, but it was in inverted commas because it would be quite an arguement over whether it was legal or not.
Cheap shit chinese bone-breaking pitbike. 110cc Honad clone engine. I weighed the engine at 14 Kg.
14 inch front, 12 inch rear, chinese knoblies and terribly shit!

woodyracer
12th March 2010, 19:33
Yep, but it was in inverted commas because it would be quite an arguement over whether it was legal or not.
Cheap shit chinese bone-breaking pitbike. 110cc Honad clone engine. I weighed the engine at 14 Kg.
14 inch front, 12 inch rear, chinese knoblies and terribly shit!

id call pit bikes legal....considering eveyone ive ever raced wasnt going at a terrible pace

Henk
14th March 2010, 18:23
One ran in the two hour this year. Slow everywhere, super tight lines in all the corners so that round the outside was the best line to take and crashed something like 9 times.

koba
14th March 2010, 20:43
One ran in the two hour this year. Slow everywhere, super tight lines in all the corners so that round the outside was the best line to take and crashed something like 9 times.

Hehehehehehehe! That sounds just like my old one...