PDA

View Full Version : Faaaarrrking Mean!!!!

Motoracer
6th November 2003, 12:47
This has got to be the meanest motherfuc*ing movie in the entire history of time!!!!

I just downloaded it at work and I can't belive how good it looks even when I had to watch it without the sound!! Can't wait till the end of the day when I can watch it with the sounds at full blast!!!

This is bound to kill a few wannabes out there (eg. me) trying to replicate the stunts lol

Here is the trailer: http://trailers.ugo.com/trailer.php/id/119/

Its comming out in the US in Jan next year. There is a New Zealander actor in it who has the lead role I think.

Fark man, definetly impressed me!!! :rockon:

SpankMe
6th November 2003, 13:47
Excellent. Matrix on motorbikes. :cool:

SpankMe
6th November 2003, 13:50
jockeying for position

Motoracer
6th November 2003, 14:53
Actually its a little better with out the sound. They really should have stuck to a genuine RSV sound (begining of the clip). But it still looks good.

SpankMe
6th November 2003, 15:27
Thats the problem with bike movies, they dub the bike sound and the people who do it don't know shit about what a bike sounds like.

Marmoot
6th November 2003, 21:09
Any of you KBers have done the jockeying trick above? Looks fun
:p :p :p

Motoracer
6th November 2003, 21:48
I have, with Garry (you know which garry Marmoot) lol then I cut him off in the wet with a fair bit of speed only to slide my tail fully side ways. Luckyly I got it back, otherwise both of us would have wiped out. Felt kool/freaky and it definetly must have been a sight from the back. Ahhhhh... the good old days LMAO

SpankMe
12th November 2003, 10:58
The movie poster

Kwaka-Kid
12th November 2003, 11:18
cbf downloading... so tell me, what sound did they use for the RSVR? i swear nothing can be worse then in Terminator 2 watching an old XR250 flying along sounding like a rung out 125 2smoke... yucky yucky.. such crappy dubbed sound...

Sharkey
12th November 2003, 15:05
Staring Martin Henderson?!? Good grief, who would have believed that Shortland Street could be a launching pad to something that looks entertaining? Wonders never cease.

jrandom
12th November 2003, 15:29
looks very very silly, so of course I'll be going to see it :D

pity about some of the stunts being so obviously computer-generated and all

I reckon they should've had an FXR or two in there :p

Loved the intro with the RSV. Good guys ride Aprilias, eh? I suppose the 'black 996' idea was already taken by Reloaded.

What's with all those sonic boom bits though? Are they seriously trying to imply that something on two wheels can run away from a bomb blastwave?

Ah well, who cares about physics anyway, I suppose.

jrandom
12th November 2003, 15:32
Originally posted by jrandom
'black 996' idea was already taken by Reloaded

While I'm on the subject, has anyone else freeze-framed the Matrix DVD to identify the bike Trinity rides away on after Neo is captured by the Agents following his failure to escape out the office window? It's a Speed Triple. In case you ever wondered.

Motoracer
12th November 2003, 16:17
Note: In the begining it says "there is a line between real and hyper real" meaning its not really real but its kind of a fantasy movie about bikes. In this fantasy world, bikes can generate these sonic booms somehow...

Thats what I got from the preview anyway. Its fake as shit but its kool in a matrixy way like spank said before.

Coldkiwi
12th November 2003, 22:37
well, perhaps its not quite as far removed from fantasy as it might first appear. Anyone recall this little beastie from an earlier thread!? (bound to be a silly movie, but what the heck)

Antallica
12th November 2003, 22:41
Hehe he used to be on Shortland Street :niceone:

twistymover
12th November 2003, 23:50
The movie "Kill Bill" ( on at the Rialto) has got a short but cool sequence in it with a limosine on the Tokyo motorway surrounded by minders on yellow Kawasaki's. I recommend the movie too.

Coldkiwi
13th November 2003, 09:53
no, they're actually black fazers. The yellow Kwaka is a GPX or ZZR I think. (shame, i should know eh!)

But regardless, don't be mislead. The bikes have NOTHING to do with the plot of the movie. In fact there isn't really a  plot other than 'lets see how many people we can graphically slaughter in one movie and still show it at normal cinemas'.

I should've guessed it would be that way inclined when the start of the movie says 'a quentin tarantino movie' followed by close ups of a beaten up woman. Not my idea of a good night out. The slaughter really spoiled the good cinematography and funny parts.

I'd much rather see silly bike movies with turbine powered motorcycles in them!

twistymover
15th November 2003, 04:14
Right, I got the colours and bikes mixed up. Thankyou for pointing that out Coldkiwi. However, the motorbike riders sequence was part of the movie story-line none the less. At the beginning a woman, the main character, is beaten by about 4 perpetrators, including a couple of women, and then shot in the head. She is within an inch of her life, and appearing dead, is left as such. She spends 4 years in hospital in a coma. She wakes up and vows revenge on those responsible for her wasted years, and begins dispensing with these "vermin" as she calls them. Her journey takes her to Japan, to Tokyo where her women assailants are now involved in the Tokyo Underworld. One of them is now the Head of the Organisation. This woman is her main target and we find her on a Tokyo motorway in her limosine surrounded by some of her bodyguards on motorcycles. She arrives at the restaurant destination, and after a while is challenged by her nemesis, our revenge seeker, who has by this time obtained a mighty Samurai sword from the Master Sword-maker. With this Sword, she chops her way through all opposition, including about one hundred bodyguards (who also have swords ) and after leaving behind a hall full of dead and dieing headless and/or footless (or loose) and armless bodies, she gets finally to face and challenge the Evil She-Boss of the Tokyo Underworld. They are both larger than life characters, almost superwomen, and a match for each other. However, even though our Revenge Seeker is dog- tired after dispatching all her attackers, she still ends up (after a long fight) running the Evil-One through and lobing her head off. The whole film is larger than life and runs like a comic strip. It is, like the comic strip, "over the top" in it's violence and the portrayal of it's Hero and it's Villians.Therefore, one can have a laugh and enjoy this. I enjoyed the Kung Fu sword-fighting as well and the amazing skill and footwork of all the fight scenes. The plot in this movie is connected to the revenge seeking woman's plans to obtain her objectives. You either like this sort of movie or you don't. Quentin Tarantino has almost a cult following in some circles. I personally wouldn't go that far. But for those people who like being entertained, don't take this movie too seriously and know the difference between true/real life violence and Hollywood movie violence/ entertainment, this film can be recommended, and, having seen it myself, I do.
:)