PDA

View Full Version : Road legal version of Moto GuzziMGS 01

Guzza
23rd January 2010, 00:55
The text is a little confusing but if I understand correctly, the pic is the result of a computer geek having a wet dream. God I hope so, cause those headlights are sooo wrong...

http://www.motomodif.com/latest/moto-guzzi-mgs-01-strada.html

Found a wee clip of the track day version here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmWYoLJYyuM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmWYoLJYyuM&feature=related

LBD
23rd January 2010, 03:40
Nice bike, but you are right about the fairing/headlight...that red bit looks weird

Kickaha
23rd January 2010, 06:39
Found a wee clip of the track day version here.

Why bother watching video when you can watch the real thing at Ruapuna:niceone:

Blackflagged
23rd January 2010, 13:29
The Ghezzi & Brian, i`ve seen here in NZ looked real good,exhuast was a work of art.
this one looks ok to me , maybe a lower screen - it`s just 6yrs to late!.

Guzza
23rd January 2010, 19:44
Why bother watching video when you can watch the real thing at Ruapuna:niceone:

I heard there was one at E Moto for a bit. So this bike is local? does it get to the track much? I'd love to see it.

Kickaha
23rd January 2010, 20:04
I heard there was one at E Moto for a bit. So this bike is local? does it get to the track much? I'd love to see it.

It was out at Ruapuna last weekend racing, not sure how often it comes out but I think it'd be a sure bet it'll be running at the Sound of Thunder in Febuary

dangerous
23rd January 2010, 20:10
I heard there was one at E Moto for a bit. So this bike is local? does it get to the track much? I'd love to see it. yeah it was on the diognostic, the TB's got out of wack.

It was out at Ruapuna last weekend racing, not sure how often it comes out but I think it'd be a sure bet it'll be running at the Sound of Thunder in Febuary yeah and the Friday before which was only the second time its been out, Tracy was trying it out to race the day you seen it (1st time he'd riden any kinda Guzzi), it belongs to MVnut.

dangerous
23rd January 2010, 20:21
The text is a little confusing but if I understand correctly, the pic is the result of a computer geek having a wet dream. God I hope so, cause those headlights are sooo wrong... I'd say the lights are where they are cos the oil cooler is in the center of the fairing, however it wouldent take much to move it and put the lights in that were on the prototype (pictured)
The engine is a far cry from the MGS engine, it is a early 4valve OHC with twin rockers driven by external belts basicly a worked Daytona engine. Whats in the pic you linked to is Guzzis latest street 1200 which is also a 4valve head but driven by internal chains... a much more docile engine than the MGS, its like a prat and Whitney trying to start.
A couple of the MGS01's have been modified for the road around the world, done privatly and not cheaply.

mulletman
23rd January 2010, 22:51
yeah it was on the diognostic, the TB's got out of wack.

yeah and the Friday before which was only the second time its been out, Tracy was trying it out to race the day you seen it (1st time he'd riden any kinda Guzzi), it belongs to MVnut.

Yip had to look twice when it went past preety cool, checked it out in the pits to even nicer , lots of flash gear on it

hmmmnz
27th January 2010, 23:42
is it actually a ohc engine??? or still push rod?

dangerous
28th January 2010, 04:05
is it actually a ohc engine??? or still push rod? as below, which is actualy as above
The engine is a far cry from the MGS engine, it is a early 4valve OHC with twin rockers driven by external belts basicly a worked Daytona engine. Whats in the pic you linked to is Guzzis latest street 1200 which is also a 4valve head but driven by internal chains....

nudemetalz
28th January 2010, 08:17
If it was made into a street-legal machine then I believe it would lose it's exclusivity.
Imagine it being compared to a 1198 for performance etc? The journos would slag it off.

As far as I'm concerned, the MGS-01 is a one of a kind. A very beautiful one...oh,..did I say how good looking it is?

Devil
30th January 2010, 09:09
Street legal one has been been round Hampton Downs a few times. Sexy bike.

yachtie10
30th January 2010, 14:04
yes i was admiring it yesterday at the superbike school
very nice