PDA

View Full Version : Scala Rider from Supercheap Auto

jiashahood
24th January 2010, 01:26
hello friends

I want to know, has any one bought scala rider??It is bluetooth connected to helmet set. I saw it at supercheap auto. It looks like a great technology.

TimeOut
24th January 2010, 06:34
hello friends

I want to know, has any one bought scala rider??It is bluetooth connected to helmet set. I saw it at supercheap auto. It looks like a great technology.

We've had them for about 18 months now, good units don't get them wet though.
The Q2 works bike to bike up to 500m, and works great.
It's bluetooth and all in/on the helmet, so phone/GPS works through it as well if they are bluetooth as well.

Hitcher
24th January 2010, 17:36
Bluetooth has to be one of the most oversold technologies ever. If it worked as hyped, then synching devices would be straightforward and reliable.

jiashahood
11th June 2010, 17:28
I've never had an issue with bluetooth. i have an iPhone and the bluetooth function on it has never been a hassle. What dont you like about it??

flyingcrocodile46
12th June 2010, 11:31
I had/have a bluetooth stereo headset from PHS ltd. It had plenty of teething problems. Swapped it twice with the supplier Mike (no problem at all) then upgraded it to a gruntier model, then had to upgrade my phone AGAIN but swapped to a Nokia which seem to work much better with other bluetooth devices. and had to swap out the headset again due to it switching off (again not a problem for PHS) and finally I have a great stereo headset which links to my phone (with built in GPS and MP3 player) Automatically answers and hangs up on calls... restarting the music as it does so. Oh yeah. 10 months after buying the first unit my headset unit got wet (they are guaranteed to work in the rain) and died. Yes, Mike replaced it again without the barest hint of any doubt or fuss.

I know that some people have issues with PHS products (they are quite a bit cheaper than average) but I can not speak highly enough of Mike and his customer service. He is by far and away better than any other supplier of any product or service that I have dealt with. If you have any problem with products that he sells, he can truly be relied on to do the right thing.

So yes... they are/can be glitchy but when you get a set up that works, it is great. My best advice is to deal with PHS or someone else who is truly customer focused and will keep working with you (swapping out or refunding as may be needed) until you are satisfied.