PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm.... what should I do??

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 19:27
Hello People

As some of you know I fell off me bike ......... so what should I do??

Now it's gonna cost me around 1500+ to fix - painting, plastic welding, prepping, muffler retouched, new indicators for both front and back and a full going over.

The bike to date has cost me around $3000 already. I will be stuck on a 250 till late March next year due to my license status (with CBTA).

I was at Red Barons today testing out the CBR and ZXR...... rode the CBR and it's real nice but tooooo tiny so that's out...... next was the ZXR..... which stalled at first set of lights (poor Red Barons wish people would buy their bikes so that the batteries didn't go flat with them lying there......:killingme ). So I gave Gio a call and we crash started the bike and rode it back...another proper test ride on Monday.

Anyway simply from the fit I would pick the ZXR over the CBR as these bikes are pretty equal in performance -- in the real world... both feel like little mini bikes though.......

It appears RB's would give me around $1000 as a trade in price for my ZZR (they think I want to buy a bike from them:msn-wink: )
And I'll need to rob a few old ladies and come up with the remaining 4-5 grand to buy the bikes they're selling.

Well as I was returning the ZXR I saw a Hyosung 250.... so I asked him how much do those cost....... he said 5995 --- 5495...... something along that range......

And that's brand new!! :blink: What?? Why's a 2005 Hyosung 5995 and a 91 ZXR 6995??? He said something that sounded like (yadalabdfsdac:bs:asdjfjk so that's why they cost so much)

He then added that if I do get a new Hyosung he could do a buy back option. I asked him how much?? He said up to around 4800........

Now you talkin!! :yes: I think...... dunno really :stupid:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So what should I do??? Tell me, tell me, tell me-NOW (BANZAI!!!)

Should I :

Ayeee) Spend the 1500 ish and fix up my ZZR bringing it to a 4500ish (total cost) bike and keep it and later sell it for (I think I'll get 2.5-3K maxxx) that next year March??
And lose about 2k???

Beeee) Repair the ZZR try and sell it on Trademe again lose the 1.5-2k and then put some money (which I'm hoping to find under a rainbow) and buy a ZXR for another 1.5 -2 k, finding a decent one will be another bitch of a task, especially with my luck:mad: aaaannndddd I'll have to find a buyer for my ZZR.
I will still lose 2k

Seee) Buy a brand new Hyosung 250 from Red Baron's for 5995 - 1000 for my bike = 4995 and settle on a buy back scheme for about a grand less = 3995 or something. Least hassle of all the options. And I could get the bike on some kind of finance......i guess......but I could use my existing bike as a deposit. This way I ride a Hy:blink:sung but at least it's brand new and more reliable under warranty and I have a buyer lined up so no hassles at the end of my 10 month period....... thing I need to know is how slow are those Hyosungs?? I'm already sick of my ZZR.

Still end up costing me about 2k (plus finance interest costs)

So people??? Have you made up your mind?? Decide quick!! The clocks ticking!!!

Is it Ayeee, Beee or Seee??????

Tell me nowww....... BANZAI!!!!!

And since I'm inbetween jobs at the moment...... all this will be happening over the next couple of months or more..... depending how my cash flow goes.....

ALL COMMENTS WILL SERIOUSLY APPRECIATED :2thumbsup: ...... and smart asses responded to in a similar manner......:whistle:

~~ Thank You ~~

Suney
6th May 2005, 19:53
If I was in your situation and you were losign $2k with whatever decision you make.
I would probably fix, sell and buy the zxr, I really like the bike!
But only if you are certain you would get around what you're asking for the zzr.

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 19:58
Oh yess.. once fixed and resprayed the ZZR will look like new!!! So I should easily get about 2.5k to 3k...... may have to wait for summer time though for prices to rise....

Suney
6th May 2005, 20:21
Go for the zxr250 then ;)
You'll love it, I know i did
WTF is a Hyosung, never heard of it!

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 20:26
Yes it is not a faired sports bike and it's no where as fast as a ZXR but it's 5995 BRAND NEW!!! So there is the joy of owning a brand new bike.... and it's nice and big so feels a lot better than a little ZXR or CBR
http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/hyosung-gt250comet-04-bikepics-305593.jpg

Antallica
6th May 2005, 21:10
To be quite honest, I've seen nothing but utter shit coming out or Red Barons HQ. I would steer clear my old friend.

I'd keep the ZZR or buy privately.

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 21:12
To be quite honest, I've seen nothing but utter shit coming out or Red Barons HQ. I would steer clear my old friend.

I'd keep the ZZR or buy privately.

Doesn't matter where I buy the bike...... it's the bikes I'm interested in.....

I'm sure I could get a new Hyosung out of some other place......

and you are not the only person who is wary of the Baron's ...... I am painfully aware of poor Johnno's troubles...

ricksta
6th May 2005, 21:27
what the hell is a Hyosung??? i've never heard of it... its just too cheap, sure its new but is it really good bike? reliable? how long will it last?

i'd say get some other bike... just not the Hyosung man...

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 21:32
what the hell is a Hyosung??? i've never heard of it... its just too cheap, sure its new but is it really good bike? reliable? how long will it last?

i'd say get some other bike... just not the Hyosung man...

I've PM'ed a guy on here who owns one...... lets see if he replies.

The reviews of it are quite good.

The reasons I'm thinking about it are:
1. New Bike
2. Warranty - they bloody well better give me one for the 10 months or I wont buy
3. A buy back at an agreed value
4. 1+2+3 = peace of mind, compared to the other options.

John
6th May 2005, 21:56
Hyoshits? yea, ever wonder why they are so cheap - fix up that ZZR, you dont have long before your full, the ZXR isnt much of an upgrade from a ZZR, although if you got the ZXR you would be looking at about 4.5k resale or there abouts - IMO fix up the ZZR, I miss mine - and I'm sure you would miss yours to - But in reality I have no Idea...

John
6th May 2005, 21:58
Tristan informed me how 'unimpressive they are' and he hadn't even tried the CBRR or ZXRR, I dont know it all depends, if you need a new bike (well want one) go nuts you might be able to sell it with a warrenty ;) ... then you could trade it in and get the hyoshiter 650 for an extra 4k :lol:

surfchick
6th May 2005, 22:00
i reckon sticky tape, gaffer goo, plastic weld and blue tack yo own bike, then spend 5 grand on a good (2nd hand) bigger bike when you got yo. full.
patience kimosabe. with your bike think of it this way- what you loose on aerodynamics you gain on street cred. :devil2:

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 22:01
hmmmmm...... :wait: *remembers the line* There's no free lunch......

So yeah repair the ZZR -- get it all bad and black........ get the mechanics to give it a good going over.......

Keep it coming guys seeing things from different points of view and objective minds sure helps......:niceone:

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 22:03
i reckon sticky tape, gaffer goo, plastic weld and blue tack yo own bike, then spend 5 grand on a good (2nd hand) bigger bike when you got yo. full.
patience kimosabe. with your bike think of it this way- what you loose on aerodynamics you gain on street cred. :devil2:

Oh yeah.......... I ride around like this at the moment...... the bloody cages back away in fright as I lanesplitt....

heheheheheheh :devil2:

John
6th May 2005, 22:11
FUCK YEA THATS RUTHLESS!

But how would your life feel without the ZZR? Seriously the ZXR hasnt impressed me at all, like being said - save it for that 400 your after...

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 22:17
FUCK YEA THATS RUTHLESS!

But how would your life feel without the ZZR? Seriously the ZXR hasnt impressed me at all, like being said - save it for that 400 your after...

There we GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jonno has helped me make my mind up

You da man matey!!! :2thumbsup:

Hopefully I'll get it all fixed up real soon and we can go teach those bloody roads who's boss.

dveus
6th May 2005, 22:18
Yes it is not a faired sports bike and it's no where as fast as a ZXR but it's 5995 BRAND NEW!!! So there is the joy of owning a brand new bike.... and it's nice and big so feels a lot better than a little ZXR or CBR

The GSX is 6k new as well. Admitedly its a whale but for that sorta money with the 2 year warranty I think its good value. I'm slightly biased though.

Waylander
6th May 2005, 22:20
There we GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jonno has helped me make my mind up

You da man matey!!! :2thumbsup:

Hopefully I'll get it all fixed up real soon and we can go teach those bloody roads who's boss.

Not without me ya don't.:D

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 22:21
The GSX is 6k new as well. Admitedly its a whale but for that sorta money with the 2 year warranty I think its good value. I'm slightly biased though.

Don't really like the looks and I know from taupo that it is slower than the ZZR.......

may go with Johns suggestion.

as it will only cost me around a few hundred at this stage

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 22:23
Not without me ya don't.:D

Fuck yeah mate

We'll go and beat the shit out of that corner

Bring a pick axe and some dynamite

Fancy rising up and hitting you like that--- bastard road :mad:

John
6th May 2005, 22:27
Hell yea keep it rugged - worry about having a nice bike when your on your full (not long :D) just go unleash the kawa on the world, everyone is scared of a green or black monster streaking towards them ;).

+ the ZZR is damn sexy, good fuel, its got plenty of boggie, you can carry hoes (or 'woman') alot easier than on a sports bike (thats what pisses me off) etc. Just get yourself a new helmet and have a look at the damage then!

Good luck - Oh yea I cant wait to go kill that corner ohh, it will be so fun - I'll bring cigars so we can talk about the kill afterwards :lol:

Waylander
6th May 2005, 22:28
Damn straight. Then after a few more months when I get the ninja we'll do it again to humiliate it more!!! lol

Yea mate save up for the 400 so that I might actually have to try to keep up with you.:killingme j/k

John
6th May 2005, 22:31
Yea mate save up for the 400 so that I might actually have to try to keep up with you.:killingme j/k

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

I hope you get a green ZXR you punk. :niceone:

Waylander
6th May 2005, 22:33
:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

I hope you get a green ZXR you punk. :niceone:
Nah that would clash with the black leathers I'll be getting. Sorry mate gonna be either black or red. Maybe gunmetal grey... Anyway that's a decision to wait for another day.

Wait forgot about this, it'll be painted like this (only a 636 and not a ZX12R. Still the wrong bike Cryhavoc!! but thanks all the same:niceone: )

ricksta
6th May 2005, 22:36
Oh yeah.......... I ride around like this at the moment...... the bloody cages back away in fright as I lanesplitt....

hahaha... :laugh: nice! i'd back away if i was in a car alright...

John
6th May 2005, 22:37
Nah that would clash with the black leathers I'll be getting. Sorry mate gonna be either black or red. Maybe gunmetal grey... Anyway that's a decision to wait for another day.

Wait forgot about this, it'll be painted like this (only a 636 and not a ZX12R. Still the wrong bike Cryhavoc!! but thanks all the same:niceone: )
JEW!

Stop forcing your reform on me man I aint no hippy man...

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 22:37
Red baron have this for sale.

http://bikepoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=837914&TabID=3553&Alias=bikepointnz

Since it's been there for around 6 months...... chances are it may still be there in 10 months......when I get my full
http://tcimages.net/DisplayImage.aspx?PD=4195963&S=IS

But I think in 10 months I will be test riding a few 600's too...... although the ZXR400 is on my top list.........

After reading KK's review and speaking to Sulav (MR's brother) the VFR is also fighting for place.......

I've only riden a ZXR400 and it felt perfect!!

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 22:39
JEW!

Stop forcing your reform on me man I aint no hippy man...

:killingme :laugh: :lol:

John
6th May 2005, 22:39
the 4hundies are just awsome, I cant decide between trumpy tickle or sexonwheels aka 636 or another smaller kawa..

I guess you will just have to test ride :) - lol about that battery thing I had a new battery put in mine just as I picked it up I thought... hmmm thats abit strange for an off the floor bike :lol:

Waylander
6th May 2005, 22:40
Red baron have this for sale.

http://bikepoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=837914&TabID=3553&Alias=bikepointnz

Since it's been there for around 6 months...... chances are it may still be there in 10 months......when I get my full
http://tcimages.net/DisplayImage.aspx?PD=4195963&S=IS

But I think in 10 months I will be test riding a few 600's too...... although the ZXR400 is on my top list.........

After reading KK's review and speaking to Sulav (MR's brother) the VFR is also fighting for place.......

I've only riden a ZXR400 and it felt perfect!!
Nice!! And what do you mean by the post above this one John?

Mr Skid
6th May 2005, 22:42

I :love: the custom frosted visor.

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 22:42
the 4hundies are just awsome, I cant decide between trumpy tickle or sexonwheels aka 636 or another smaller kawa..

I guess you will just have to test ride :) - lol about that battery thing I had a new battery put in mine just as I picked it up I thought... hmmm thats abit strange for an off the floor bike :lol:

Now NO OFFENCE matey..... but are you're you will be able to handle a 636?? Don't know about a triump, but mate they are on a whole other universe.

Even bugjuice rarely sees the limits of his bike and he knows all about limits...... "aye" Mr $2.40 on Piha???

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 22:43
I :love: the custom frosted visor.

heheheheheh how bad did it look this morn in real life?? or did you not miss it among all the scratches I was showing you :laugh: :killingme ??

John
6th May 2005, 22:50
Yea the custom work on the visor is class my one glisens in the sun :lol:

I wont be able to ride the SEXONWHEELS like I ride my ZXR2fiddy, but I will get there - I dont ride that fast any more, I just pootle unless I gota pop my exhaust box ;)

Oh alucard (meh easier ;P ) I was just being a hippie, I always decide on what I want 10 years before I get it then stress out when I dont get it straight away :/ thats why I avoid thinking about it..

justsomeguy
6th May 2005, 22:59
Yea the custom work on the visor is class my one glisens in the sun :lol:

I wont be able to ride the SEXONWHEELS like I ride my ZXR2fiddy, but I will get there - I dont ride that fast any more, I just pootle unless I gota pop my exhaust box ;)

Oh alucard (meh easier ;P ) I was just being a hippie, I always decide on what I want 10 years before I get it then stress out when I dont get it straight away :/ thats why I avoid thinking about it..

......... I always carefully plan, research and the decide what to do.

Then when it's time to act I usually end up throwing it all out of the window at the last moment and do what I feel like at the moment and bitch about how it was someone elses fault .............. hehehe

LED
7th May 2005, 13:20
hmmmmm...... :wait: *remembers the line* There's no free lunch......

So yeah repair the ZZR -- get it all bad and black........ get the mechanics to give it a good going over.......

Keep it coming guys seeing things from different points of view and objective minds sure helps......:niceone:

Dude patch that sucker up, spray it with some flat black paint and its all good to go or better still get it naked. Its not worth spending much money on, keep that for a better bike when you get your full. DON'T GET SUCKED IN TO BUYING ANOTHER 250 TILL MARCH, 250's aren't supposed to look cool they are just a mean to an ends............ :yes:

BNZ
7th May 2005, 15:16
DON'T GET SUCKED IN TO BUYING ANOTHER 250 TILL MARCH, 250's aren't supposed to look cool they are just a mean to an ends............ :yes:

Sad but true! Unless you want to buy my bike, that would change everything!

justsomeguy
7th May 2005, 15:47
Sad but true! Unless you want to buy my bike, that would change everything!

Wowww thats a mint looking ZXR ....... :niceone:

I think I'm slowly gonna repair my ZZR and stick with that for the next 10 months

Cheapest option.... when it's time to sell..... well I'll bother about it then......:whocares:

LED
7th May 2005, 16:08
Good decision dude, hell if you were prepared to lose around 2k now who cares in 10 months.........you'll have fun mucking around with it anyway with modifications and giving it a good thrashing........enjoy.

RPM91
8th May 2005, 13:44
If I was you id be sceptical about keeping the zzr, I did have a VT 250Spada but didnt get enough enjoyment out of it as i would have wanted to as it only had a top speed of 155k, so i thought about keeping it till i had my full but I was like narhh and brought a ZXR250C and the moment i rode that It was a tottaly awsome experiance, The handling, The acceleration, The looks. I think that its a big boost going from a mid range 250 to the top of the line sports ones, ive neva had soo much fun in my life untill the ZXR :Punk:

justsomeguy
8th May 2005, 13:50
If I was you id be sceptical about keeping the zzr, I did have a VT 250Spada but didnt get enough enjoyment out of it as i would have wanted to as it only had a top speed of 155k, so i thought about keeping it till i had my full but I was like narhh and brought a ZXR250C and the moment i rode that It was a tottaly awsome experiance, The handling, The acceleration, The looks. I think that its a big boost going from a mid range 250 to the top of the line sports ones, ive neva had soo much fun in my life untill the ZXR :Punk:

I understand .. that's why I listed option B.

But I'm inbetween jobs at the moment and I've got no savings...... so I guess I'll go with my initial plan......... keep the ZZR and learn to ride it well. Cos I know for a fact that in the twisties a ZZR is not much behind a ZXR and it's only after 150kmph that the ZZR falls behind --- assuming both are riden by equally skilled riders.......:niceone:

So I'll just use my 10 months to slowly fix-up and ride my bike..... and learn to ride better to compensate for the lack of power...

........ but hey who knows???

If I find some cash........ it'll be a ZXR in an instant....:yes:

Gremlin
8th May 2005, 20:30
Well, hold on. From the options you have listed, you will always lose 2k. So that fact is out the window.

Including a couple of assumptions (you will upgrade when you get the full) if you keep the ZZR and fix, then sell at full, not bad option. Or you can fix, sell, get something, sell at full.

I would say it is easier to keep the ZZR until full, less hassles, and you could face wrecking another bike before you get the full, which would be bad.

With my ZZR, I'm doing the basics (indicator and front fairing - for the light mounts) and will properly fix it later... but I'm also learning, so I don't feel like becoming a valued customer for fairings...

We could fix them together... :drinknsin

justsomeguy
8th May 2005, 21:40
Well, hold on. From the options you have listed, you will always lose 2k. So that fact is out the window.

Including a couple of assumptions (you will upgrade when you get the full) if you keep the ZZR and fix, then sell at full, not bad option. Or you can fix, sell, get something, sell at full.

I would say it is easier to keep the ZZR until full, less hassles, and you could face wrecking another bike before you get the full, which would be bad.

With my ZZR, I'm doing the basics (indicator and front fairing - for the light mounts) and will properly fix it later... but I'm also learning, so I don't feel like becoming a valued customer for fairings...

We could fix them together... :drinknsin

Yup...... that;s what I;m gonna do at the moment.....

And as for fixing it..... well I'm gonna ride it as it is until I get another job.

Squiggles
6th July 2005, 13:02
i cant really say much on the bikes issue, but if it was me i'd just fix the bike to a road safe standard and wait till march and then sell and buy a bigger bike :P