PDA

View Full Version : EPROM burner in Wgtn area ??

matthewt
6th November 2003, 14:00
Does anyone know somewhere I can get an EPROM made up in the Wgtn area ??

I've already got the data files I just need somewhere that can transfer them onto a chip for me.

The chip is a 27C512 which is fairly standard. I've got 3 files I would like to put onto 3 chips so I can try them one after the other while the bike is on the Dyno. If someone can get it done out of Wgtn then I could email the files or whatever.

Cheers,

cranker
12th November 2003, 08:57
a couple of possible sources for you, firstly if you have a branch of a company called Tech Rentals in Wellington try them. maybe they can put you onto someone there who can do the job,

Otherwise go looking for a commercial elctronics co. that does their own in house miro-processor development , ie programable software outfits.

Pity you don't have chips to do a straight copy off , then all you need is a eprom reader/copier ( available from tech rentals). that's the way we used to do it.

Might be able to help, have a friend who does that kind of thing down here in Christchurch, but would need to approach him myself first.

A piece of advice whatever you end up doing is make sure bfore you burn program into Eprom is make sure eprom is absolutely blank by placing in an enclosed box with an ultraviolet light on. DO NOT look at light while switched on ... or you will burn out your eyeballs, 2-5 mins in the box should be enough

riffer
13th November 2003, 16:02
Hi Matthew,

not too sure if it's any help to you, but some guy in Hawkes Bay's selling an eprom programmer on trademe right now.

Could this do the job:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Peripherals/Other/0002-0362-0850-/auction-7013827.htm

curious george
13th November 2003, 16:11
Isn't there a company in Whenuapai that does this?
I can't remember the name, but maybee someone else can?

matthewt
13th November 2003, 16:19
Originally posted by celticno6
Hi Matthew,

not too sure if it's any help to you, but some guy in Hawkes Bay's selling an eprom programmer on trademe right now.
[/URL]

Thanks for letting me know. I've placed a bid !!

ManDownUnder
6th December 2003, 12:58
Not sure where they are but I used to work from Trilogy Computers (acquired by Infinity a few years back), and I know the Auckland guys had an EPROM burner to support one of the clients...

I expect the Wellington Crowd will too.

No idea where they in Welly but they are a major outfit so they'll be in the book

MDU

Dave
8th December 2003, 13:45
I like the mcCains chips,although KFC do put the nice spices on theirs. Some times when i go to macdonalds i get old chewy ones and that pisses me off.