PDA

View Full Version : Metzler Z6 tyres

shrub
26th January 2010, 07:16
I fitted a set of these about 6000 ks ago, and I'm off to see Don at Pitlane for some Pirellis this week.

They're awesome tyres in the wet, and I find I can ride at damn near fast dry speeds with confidence and in the dry I find the grip enough to grind undercarriage without any problems and they're stable at 180kmh+. However the feel is very average and I would have expected better than 6000 (mostly open road) ks for a set of sports touring tyres. Having said that, I am a big guy on a big bike and I tend to ride in a rather spirited manner.

Any other experiences of these tyres?

MSTRS
26th January 2010, 07:43
I had them on a GSXR1100. Not bad. Front was losing the shoulders and the rear was squared off at about 11,000kms.

TerminalAddict
26th January 2010, 08:01
I've been running z6 for the last three years (on the back) .. got 12000 kms from my last one .. and I ain't no slug. then again, I ride a light bike, and am an average weight person

Dazza
26th January 2010, 08:59
I've run them for several years now on several bikes, love the way they perform in the wet & not too bad in the dry, have run a couple of their interacts aswell. I'm a fat bastard & have been known on the odd occasion to push it too. Best I got out of a rear was 8k but that was alot of short shifting !!!