PDA

View Full Version : Winter series - No Motards

ajw_888
27th January 2010, 07:27
Just got my 'Oily Rag' and no motards this year, F3 for SM's instead.

Bugger - I am in a better position financially this year and was hoping to enter SM,

Quasievil
27th January 2010, 07:29
Race in F3 would be heaps of fun pissing of the rossi moments of the sportsbike riders.

Deano
27th January 2010, 07:35
Race in F3 would be heaps of fun pissing of the rossi moments of the sportsbike riders.

Keep your feet in bro or I'll run the feckers over !!

Quasievil
27th January 2010, 07:39
Keep your feet in bro or I'll run the feckers over !!

Keep ya knees in and body in to for the same reason bro

Deano
27th January 2010, 07:40
Keep ya knees in and body in to for the same reason bro

But but but......that's road race styles !!

Will you guys have to lower your bars as well ?

ajw_888
27th January 2010, 07:47

Would this be OK?

Quasievil
27th January 2010, 08:00

Will you guys have to lower your bars as well ?

lol, I remember about 6 years ago we raced F3 against Motards and frankly I didnt have an issue with it, nor did the motard riders.
Having raced both styles I hold two arguements
1/ The different line arguement............bollocks, what feild of bikes ever takes the same line, and if we did then we should make the track 2 feet wide as thats all thats needed. I raced Motard and F3 the same lines as I always have.
2/ Foot out get in the way of road riders............bollocks, thats a sportsbike rider being a bitch.............a motard rider puts his foot out the front "forwards" unless his hip is built different to every other human on the planet he cant stick it out 90 deg can he. And the reason the motarder puts his foot out is the peg is often on the ground. I late 2008 coming through onto the front straight at manfeild giving it the berries and my foot got knicked right off the peg causing the bike to get upset (I almost binned it) I thought "oh thats why they take the foot of the peg" now its a habbit to lift my foot off the peg to prevent this.

frankly I think there is a hatred for Motards within the sportbike fraternity, which is sad as they DO offer probably the one of most exciting spectacles within the NZ racing scene.
The fact that the Motard class has been dropped by Vic club is understandable however I see Zero reason why they shouldnt be in f3, in saying that however I would have put them in a lesser populated feild like 125s with a split start like 2008.

Deano
27th January 2010, 08:11
Would this be OK?

I would forever be in awe mate !

Brett - I'm not debating the merits or not of combining F3 and Motards. Just having a larf. But seriously, would you have to lower your bars as well ? I thought that there is a rule about bar heights.

I have only competed against motards at Wangas on my 89 CBR400 - and I had my arse handed to me. I hope that they will be behind me on my SV so not a problem, except maybe for backmarkers. LOL

Quasievil
27th January 2010, 08:28

Brett - I'm not debating the merits or not of combining F3 and Motards. Just having a larf. But seriously, would you have to lower your bars as well ? I thought that there is a rule about bar heights.

I have only competed against motards at Wangas on my 89 CBR400 - and I had my arse handed to me. I hope that they will be behind me on my SV so not a problem, except maybe for backmarkers. LOL

There would be no way a motarder would lower his bars for the sake of a race (I think anyway) I dont know of this rule personally.

Some of the motards are hitting 73 hp now and those boys would be all over the SV650's with the weight advantage, most however would be around the 50 hp mark.
I would expect the Motards to be very competitive in a f3 race.

The issues will be as I see it
1/ any crash etc would always be the motards fault (in the eyes of the sportsbike riders)
2/ if the feilds are full and F3 riders miss out, it will be "those fucking motards"

there will be a fair bit of subtle agro towards the motards for almost any reason.

Im going to buy a new motard just for the show BOOOOO YAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajw_888
27th January 2010, 08:30

I would too, but it wouldn't be me.

I thought that there is a rule about bar heights.

Yep - we fail on Rule A of F3 regs.(900mm), let alone rule B or the others.

Shorty_925
27th January 2010, 13:01
I would too, but it wouldn't be me.

Yep - we fail on Rule A of F3 regs.(900mm), let alone rule B or the others.

Just come up to Roys Hill kart track instead(dates mentioned in another thread). 2 practices, 3 races and another couple of open track sesions after the racing, thats alot more than 1 practice, 2 races.

ajw_888
27th January 2010, 14:36
Just come up to Roys Hill kart track instead(dates mentioned in another thread). 2 practices, 3 races and another couple of open track sesions after the racing, thats alot more than 1 practice, 2 races.

Exactly what I was thinking

slowpoke
28th January 2010, 06:37
frankly I think there is a hatred for Motards within the sportbike fraternity, which is sad as they DO offer probably the one of most exciting spectacles within the NZ racing scene.
The fact that the Motard class has been dropped by Vic club is understandable however I see Zero reason why they shouldnt be in f3, in saying that however I would have put them in a lesser populated feild like 125s with a split start like 2008.

I would have agreed wif ya Quasi, especially regarding their competitiveness with the F3 bikes......yep, would have agreed wif ya.......right up until I watched the '09 Paeroa DVD's last weekend (thanks Tones!). Good racing alright but no other class came close to them for the sheer number of bonehead moves, and you were actually a victim of one of the more minor ones. Guys running almost off the track and coming back on at angles that were just asking for trouble and sure enough taking out some poor bugger minding his own business. Just dumb move after dumb move with lotsa stoopid crashes and near misses. I was all for running them with another class, and watchin' em kick some F3 arse, now I'm not so sure, it was a pretty fuggin' poor display of riding and nothing to do with hoof out or backin' it in.

As for the bar height thing, just turn the fuggin' things upside down, board track style.....sorted!

nzkr1
28th January 2010, 20:47
Bring it on I say. Can't imagine many will turn up, they'll still only get one race. When I used to own a motard the idea was to race both motard and F3 which was good we got heaps of track time till they booted us out. So I bought a postie, now I can race two classes or three if I want. It won't worry me if I get beaten by a chook chaser but it might be a bit different story if you get beaten by a 22 year old 250cc 2 stroke which cost me 2 grand

coffeejunkie
3rd February 2010, 11:07
Has the world gone to hell in a handbag? Whats made them decide to do this? It's awsum we have the motards in a class of there own for the winter series. Yeh yeh i know i can hear ppl saying what the hell would i know BUT anyone who knows me knows i do like the sports bikes but i'm all for the motards

xr-rider
6th February 2010, 20:53
Has the world gone to hell in a handbag? Whats made them decide to do this?

because they are a waste of time:motu:

coffeejunkie
8th February 2010, 10:50
because they are a waste of time:motu:

Oh your in so much trouble little man:crazy:

Sue
22nd April 2010, 18:33
Hi, My partner Dave (no 67 Husaburg) was racing Motard at Manfield too, can you email us adsbuild@paradise.net.nz have been told by VMCC if I get 20 riders for Motard they will re-consider letting them ride. Thanks Sue

Sue
22nd April 2010, 18:48
If you are a Motard racer at Manfield and are affected by them booting us off the track please contact us as I have been told if I get 20 bikes they will re-consider letting them in again. adsbuild@paradise.net.nz please contact myself and Dave
Thanks
Sue

Dodgey Dave
26th April 2010, 22:45
Motard Racing 2nd May, Roys Hill Kart Track, SH50, Hastings

Sign in 9:30am. Practice session Saturday 1st may 3-5pm

$30 for a full days racing!!!!!!!!!!!

See PMCC 2010 Motard Series Thread for more details of contact Dave Lawes 027 53 999 53 davidlawes@xtra.co.nz