PDA

View Full Version : k14 Nationals Rd2 Report

k14
27th January 2010, 18:04
It's been a bit quiet here lately (is everyone in the garage fixing their bikes? :shutup:) and I have put together my report from last weekend at Teretonga.

You can have a read of it here (http://www.kirkpritchard.com/extras/2010_report2.php)

For anyone in the vacinity of Timaru this weekend make sure you come out and check out the on track action!

wayne
27th January 2010, 19:26
great write up,
just sort those starts out and your goal will be closer.........

Toast
28th January 2010, 17:08
Good stuff! Is the 450 real hard to start or something?

quickbuck
2nd February 2010, 19:33
Great Read Kirk.
Good Call on fitting the slicks on a drying track. You are right, the wets never work out!

Got to practice your starts I reckon.... Might be the lumps in the 3 cylinder firing order that is giving you a little grief? Don't know...

Go hard at Levels.

wharfy
3rd February 2010, 09:13
Nice work, keep at it :)

White trash
3rd February 2010, 09:21
Pull the muffler off it next time. That'll be worth 14-15hp at the wheel apparently.........

kit
3rd February 2010, 09:38
You looked good out there, good luck with the rest of the series :niceone:

k14
3rd February 2010, 15:54
Yeah the 450 certainly isn't hard to get off the line but compared to all the 650 twins I have to get a great start if they get an ok start to beat them into the first corner. Although I still have only done 7 or 8 starts on it, took me a good couple of years on the 125 and then I was getting over 50% of holeshots from anywhere on the front row. It was a little easier at Timaru seeing as I only was getting into 2nd gear before turn 1. I had a major crash in qualifying though so that screwed the weekend up badly. Will have the report in the next few days up. Thanks for all the support though!