PDA

View Full Version : Vodaphone free texting: $50 credit free?

jazbug5
7th May 2005, 09:16
I just got a text saying that if you forward it to 20 other customers, you'll get 50 bux credit free...! Well, not sure how many of my mates are on Vodaphone, but does anyone fancy swapping numbers- i.e. setting up a group of 20 of us? Then we could all text each other and get $50 credit each...?
Or is this someone having a laugh?

Suney
7th May 2005, 09:24
Err Im sure it's someone having a laugh
Let me know if you guys do get $50...
Be glad to share my number if it does work

Antallica
7th May 2005, 09:26
I doubt that would happen, however it is free texting all weekend VDFN --> VDFN

RON SOAK
7th May 2005, 09:27
I got wunna those too

Suney
7th May 2005, 09:28
Found this on vodafones website

Oh hey remember to be sensible and don't spam your mates. If you excessively use the Vodafone Free TXT weekends, it may result in the suspension of services

I think it's just someone trying to be funny and spamming the vodafone network :mad:

Ms Piggy
7th May 2005, 09:31
Yeah well I got it too and I'm not even on Vodaphone - derrrrrr.

inlinefour
7th May 2005, 09:45
Yea the texts are free, but forget the credit. They have done this before and never came through with the goods! Vodafone can be wankers sometimes, but to a lesser degree than Telecom :msn-wink:

k14
7th May 2005, 09:48
Yeah i already got it 2 times in the last hour, i passed it on but i dont know if i had 20 vodafone people on my celly.

Pretty sure its a hoax anyway, they would have to give out heaps of free credit and how would they work it out anyway, I doubt they would check through thousands and thousands of txts.

Sparky Bills
7th May 2005, 09:48
I got one from a mate.
The only problem is that im on Telecom, so i doubt its going to work for him, thinking hes sent it to 5 "vodafone" mates :killingme
Oh well, hell realise soon.

TwoSeven
7th May 2005, 10:13
I just got a text saying that if you forward it to 20 other customers, you'll get 50 bux credit free...! Well, not sure how many of my mates are on Vodaphone, but does anyone fancy swapping numbers- i.e. setting up a group of 20 of us? Then we could all text each other and get $50 credit each...?
Or is this someone having a laugh?

lol. I suggest you call 777 and check that one out. I doubt VF would risk give $50 to everyone of their 1.4 million connections.

Indiana_Jones
7th May 2005, 10:23
Hoax or not, it's bloody jamming the system up lol :laugh:

-Indy

k14
7th May 2005, 12:36
Yep its a hoax:

The "PASS it on" text message that refers to Vodafone free text weekend and a free credit is a hoax. It is not true. Thanks and have a great weekend.

Got that from here: http://www.vodafone.co.nz/services/weekend_txt.jsp?item=txt&subitem=weekend_txt

SPORK
7th May 2005, 12:39
Come on people! Grow up!

I get about 2309723095 of those a week, and I think i'll go bald from the amount of hair pulling I do from arguing with people that it's a bunch of shit! ]

PLEASE!

Will
7th May 2005, 12:42
Who would gain from this hoax?

Opposiion, like Telescum (oops sorry I mean Telecom)? :whistle:

Blakamin
7th May 2005, 12:46
Who would gain from this hoax?

Opposiion, like Telescum (oops sorry I mean Telecom)? :whistle:
you got it right the first time..... (used to work at a telescum shop... thats why i'm with vodafone!)

FROSTY
7th May 2005, 12:48
Vodaphone are having FREE text weekends this month --so ya just dont pay for texts.

ricksta
7th May 2005, 12:50
i noticed the mispelling of the word "original" in the "original message from vodafone" i straight away knew it wasnt real

Skyryder
7th May 2005, 17:10
Whenever I get voda texts I just delete them.

Skyryder

Waylander
7th May 2005, 17:12
Got three of them after I read this thread this morning. One from my sister one from Slipstream and another from a friend of mine in auckland. I just texted back that it was fake and there was no point then deleted them lol.

Skyryder
7th May 2005, 17:15
Got three of them after I read this thread this morning. One from my sister one from Slipstream and another from a friend of mine in auckland. I just texted back that it was fake and there was no point then deleted them lol.

My point exactly.

Skyryder

Waylander
7th May 2005, 17:17
I do however like the free texting on weekends thing cause otherwise I wouldn't have been able to reply at all.:msn-wink:

Slipstream
7th May 2005, 18:57
:lol:

Yeah some of you have got these txt's from me (I got it from a friend too :( )...funny innit how many friends you know with 021 phones...what supprised me is how many I know with 027's.

Yeah, I found out that it's if you txt the message to 20 new numbers that you get the $50.

Well at least it was free to txt, but hopefully our numbers won't be used for other crap because of this.

Sorry guys.

curious george
7th May 2005, 19:07
Heehee. I lost count after 20 of the damn txts.
I must have dumb friends...

John
7th May 2005, 19:09
god the entire word text'd this to me in the morning when I was trying to sleep in - pissed me off alot

Ghost Lemur
7th May 2005, 21:44
It's spam.

If it wasn't the text would have come from Vodafone.

N4CR
7th May 2005, 21:53
Yeah i got that about 14 times... do I get $20 credit for that?

Hahaha 'gullible' is all I can think of.

I ended up sending back to everyone "--Orgnial mesage-- its vodappone free txt day. Any1 dumb enough 2 thnk u wil realy get credit for sending this wil get 12 swift kicks to the head. pass it on" Seemed to get everyones fingers off the forward button... none have come through for 7 hours or so..

SuperDave
7th May 2005, 22:10
Yeah I have got heaps of them starting from like 1 in the damn morning. I passed them on as there was nothing to lose I figured considering I only sent to Vodafone. Funny thing is, I have received two texts refering to the orginal scam one where it says something along the lines of

"Hi this is Vodafone, we are aware of the scam going around offering free $50 worth of credit and we appologise for this inconvenience. Please pass this on to 10 people and we will credit your account with a complimentary $20 free credit"

:laugh:

Milky
8th May 2005, 10:18

Maybe it was me being slightly cynical, but I really enjoyed that - passing on an absolutely pointless text on a weekend when things were free... The network was jammed mighty solid most of the day ;) Methinks it was someone in the telescum operation that sent it out first. An interesting method of slightly underhand competition...

Sniper
8th May 2005, 10:35
Got that text 13 times in 5 minutes yesterday morning

pyrocam
8th May 2005, 10:49
:( Im not as cool as you guys. I only got 3 texts.

Either that or my friends arnt dumb. (interestingly, all 3 were from women....)

but something alot of people forget is that vodafone have the power to mass dump text messages onto everyones phone nearly at once.

they used to send advertisments (without the pass it on and well give you credit) to phones back in . err. 1999 I think.

Rainbow Wizard
8th May 2005, 15:39
Yea the texts are free, but forget the $50 credit. They have done this before and never came through with the goods! Vodafone can be wankers sometimes, but to a lesser degree than Telecom :msn-wink:
A sort of "we'll teach you the error of your ways" propoganda.

Toast
8th May 2005, 16:16
Maybe it was me being slightly cynical, but I really enjoyed that - passing on an absolutely pointless text on a weekend when things were free... The network was jammed mighty solid most of the day ;) Methinks it was someone in the telescum operation that sent it out first. An interesting method of slightly underhand competition...

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought, someone in Telecom, or just some bored asshole, trying to jam the system up. It worked on a lot of people though...I was so sick of getting those things after the 5th or so.

WINJA
8th May 2005, 22:32
Yea the texts are free, but forget the credit. They have done this before and never came through with the goods! Vodafone can be wankers sometimes, but to a lesser degree than Telecom :msn-wink:
IF YOU CALLED 777 THET WOULD TELL YOU IT WAS A HOAX LIKE THE OTHER 10 TIMES :mobile:

jazbug5
9th May 2005, 09:30
IF YOU CALLED 777 THET WOULD TELL YOU IT WAS A HOAX LIKE THE OTHER 10 TIMES :mobile:

Hmmmm. If you could get through, you mean..?

WINJA
9th May 2005, 17:55
Hmmmm. If you could get through, you mean..?
A PRERECORDED MESSAGE WAS ON