PDA

View Full Version : BMW xmoto & KTM 690 SM experiences please.

shards
30th January 2010, 13:48
About to buy one or the other. Would like to know particularly about reliiability, known problems and reasons why NOT to buy.

Devil
30th January 2010, 14:16
Sorry, cant help you with the BMW, but I found the KTM to be fantastic. Bought brand new, no reliability issues. Quasievil owns it now.

Quasievil
30th January 2010, 15:45
Quasievil is selling it and all the many bits that came with it, I love it awesome bike for everything.
Shards get on your bike and come over and take mine for a ride, you will love it !!

shards
30th January 2010, 16:08
Quasi, tell me about your bike and I'll decide if it's what I want. Model, year, K's, condition, extras, etc...and of course, price.

FlangMasterJ
30th January 2010, 16:23
Is it the 690SM or SMC?

Quasievil
30th January 2010, 17:34
Sure, outside the stuff you know about them and the LC4 most powerful single and most reliable KTM engines, it is
2008 model 22000kms, good service history, owned by Devil above then me.
comes with

KTM orange plastic kit (currently in black mode)
KTM 690 genuine tank bag
KTM 690sm screen, takes a min to put on or off and makes a huge reduction on wind if touring
OXford removable hand heater warmers.
+ 50% headlight bulb
service book, KTM bag for papers n bits n bobs
rear axle bobbins
looking for $11,000
Its had the restriction on 2nd gear removed (a small rewire to unlesh more power in this gear)

there is prolly more to add but cant think of it at the moment, its going up on TM tomorrow

fell free to take it for a blat

Quasievil
30th January 2010, 17:34
Sure, outside the stuff you know about them and the LC4 most powerful single and most reliable KTM engines, it is
2008 model 22000kms, good service history, owned by Devil above then me.
comes with

KTM orange plastic kit (currently in black mode)
KTM 690 genuine tank bag
KTM 690sm screen, takes a min to put on or off and makes a huge reduction on wind if touring
OXford removable hand heater warmers.
+ 50% headlight bulb
service book, KTM bag for papers n bits n bobs
rear axle bobbins
looking for $11,000
Its had the restriction on 2nd gear removed (a small rewire to unlesh more power in this gear)

there is prolly more to add but cant think of it at the moment, its going up on TM tomorrow

fell free to take it for a blat

carver
30th January 2010, 18:29
can i take it for a spin too?