PDA

View Full Version : Cops driving, what the?

ukusa
30th January 2010, 21:59
Went out for a wee ride today, the intersection ahead I can see the lights have just turned green. As I start to enter the intersection, I catch a glimpse to my right of a cop (lights on, no siren) doing a u-turn around the traffic island oposite. I move to the left to avoid him, and he goes off ahead of me accelerating as he goes.
Now I know there's a fixed speed camera point a couple of hundred meters up the road, and so it appears does he because he slows right down to 50kmh (I can see him ahead staying alongside another car, not overtaking it while passing the speed camera).
As I get up to the next set of lights, I can see he has made it through while I have to stop. His lights are still going and he is again driving faster than the other traffic.
I end up catching up to him a few hundred metres later while he's stopped at a set of lights.
No lights on & no longer in a hurry.
I can only assume his emergency was no longer an emergency. It was also not urgent enough for him to speed past a speed camera. Maybe the radio call came in "donuts are all sold out"...damn!