PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone BT45

dhanvic08
7th May 2005, 18:28
Hello guys!
Im planning to change my rear tyre, the front will follow soon.
My Mighty Zeal tyre specs says 110/70-17 on front, and 140/70-17 on its rear...BTW, could I adjust the size from 110 to 120 and 140 to 150? :ride:

what are its effect on the handling of the bike? what if i upsize only the rear tyre because the front is still 85%-90% good?

TIA! :Punk:

Blakamin
7th May 2005, 18:31
dont do it... will make absolutely heaps of cornering difference!!!

dhanvic08
7th May 2005, 18:37
:ride:
Thanks! should I just stick to what the manual says?
or its ok if I Upsize both front and rear?

Blakamin
7th May 2005, 18:40
up-sizing will make the bike handle in a totally different way than it was designed to... not so bad when you have 4 wheels on the road that stay upright (cage), but when you only have 2 that lean.... forgedaboudit! could be way bad!!!

dhanvic08
7th May 2005, 19:13
Thanks Sir Blakamin!

I guess I should take it from the experts! :msn-wink:

Btw, do you have any reviews about the BT45? It is the cheapest trusted tyre I could get from here...Others like the Dunlop (G501...i guess) is a bit priced higher...

is anyone familiar with the BT45?is it stickyu even on wet roads?thanks

crazylittleshit
7th May 2005, 19:44
you won't be able to corner as well the only reason the big bikes have such big tires is because they need the traction.

And it slows down there speed through corners

tl_tub
7th May 2005, 20:19
I have always had 110/70-17 and 140/70-17 BT45's on the 250 katana and thought they were great. Always had plenty of stick in the wet or dry!

Ixion
8th May 2005, 11:44
Hello guys!
Im planning to change my rear tyre, the front will follow soon.
My Mighty Zeal tyre specs says 110/70-17 on front, and 140/70-17 on its rear...BTW, could I adjust the size from 110 to 120 and 140 to 150? :ride:

what are its effect on the handling of the bike? what if i upsize only the rear tyre because the front is still 85%-90% good?

TIA! :Punk:

Easy answer. Don't. In fact on bike tyres, big is bad. Smaller tyres will generally give more precise steering. The reason the big bikes have big tyres is because they need them to get traction to put their power / braking down on the road. If you're not getting wheelspin, or having issues with the wheel(s) locking up under braking leave the sizing alone.

Alos, unless you choose the profile in such a way that the rolling diameter of the tyre remains the same, you will alter the steering geometry. Which is usually bad , and even when it isn't you need to know exactly what you are doing and why.

Ixion
8th May 2005, 11:47
Btw, do you have any reviews about the BT45? It is the cheapest trusted tyre I could get from here...Others like the Dunlop (G501...i guess) is a bit priced higher...

is anyone familiar with the BT45?is it stickyu even on wet roads?thanks

Li'l Rat Bike has BT45s. They seem OK, fo what little Nana's opinion is worth. I haven't been able to unstick them . They have silica in the mix so they should be good on wet roads. But remember no tyre is going to grip in the wet the way it will in the dry. And wet brings the road oil to the surface also.

SLOW DOWN. Wet roads are slippery roads

Two Smoker
8th May 2005, 20:30
BT-45's are ok for the odd blat and mainly commuting, but i found that on the RG they spun up when cranked right over.... Not the stickiest tyre.....

tz tony
8th May 2005, 20:41
I race my post classic bike and use a BT45 on the front, I have no problem in recommending this tyre for road use.

erik
8th May 2005, 21:54
When I got my zeal it had BT45's fitted, they seemed fine to me.

dhanvic08
13th May 2005, 15:10
Thanks for the input mates! Im really glad I have joined this friendly community!

to sum up, it seems like BT45 is a good tyre...sad thing is that it is not on stock and i still need to wait for a week or two...:(
but the sidewalls of my rear tyre has cracks already and I doubt if it'll still last for quite a long run of 30-50kms... :nono: :no:

any other recommended tyres dudes!?With same price range from your place?
O/T
I need to change sparikes too, my bike isn't running that smooth till it reaches 8,000RPM, smooth on lower ends, then a bit coughing then vrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom obove 7,000rpm. or is there something else to adjut or tune?

dhanvic08
13th May 2005, 15:12
When I got my zeal it had BT45's fitted, they seemed fine to me.

what tyres do you use now dude? thanks! :ride:

erik
13th May 2005, 19:45
Pirelli Sport Demons, they seem ok too :)

That said, I'm not an expert and doing push the tyres really hard or anything.