PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't complain if I was given one...

NordieBoy
7th May 2005, 18:31
Quite nice - for a BMW...

John
7th May 2005, 18:35
Looks like a cyclops!....

I wouldnt mind a quick fang on it though!

Mr Skid
7th May 2005, 18:53
It's a modified 1150GS isn't it?

I have a recollection of reading somewhere about a company that modifies them for competition in the Baja 500.

They replace the paralever/telelever wottzit with conventional usd forks like in that pic.

louisb
7th May 2005, 19:05
I've read some stuff on those. BMW-HP2

it's original BMW. not modified. 105hp 172kg.. Looks quite nice.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/BMW-motorcycles/bmw-hp2/

-1170cc flat-twin engine (as per the R1200 GS) but with an increased maximum output of 77kW (105 bhp). Maximum torque remains unchanged at 115Nm (85 lb-ft) at 5,500 rpm
-new silencer construction almost 2 kilos lighter than before (the HP2 is not designed to carry hard luggage)
-the frame's tubular space-frame structure is based on the R900 R racing machines used by BMW works teams from 1999-2001 in the Dakar Rally
-upside-down telescopic forks with 270mm of spring travel. (This level of spring travel cannot be provided by conventional Telelever configuration)
-redesigned Paralever, now 30mm longer than on the GS the world's first spring/damper system running exclusively on air. Weighing just under 2.3 kilos the air/spring damper system is approximately 2 kilos lighter than a conventional component
-cross-spoke wheels for the toughest conditions. The front wheel features a 305mm semi-floating single-disc brake with floating calliper. At the rear is a 265mm single-disc swing-calliper brake. The HP2 is not presently offered with ABS
-the fuel tank is made of extra-tough, semi-transparent (for viewing fuel level) polyethylene and has a capacity of 13 litres a seat height of 920mm. A lower seat (900mm) is available as special equipment
-on-board network with CAN-bus technology (Controller Area Network) as per the R1200 GS
-instrument cluster as per the R1200 GS but with no rev counter. As an additional display, the rider can select the number of operating hours the motorcycle has run (important for changing the air filter at appropriate intervals when riding off-road on dusty tracks).
-side components on the tank and front wheel mudguard are made from fully-coloured, grained plastic (without paint) so that scratches and marks remain virtually invisible
-a wide range of special equipment for retrofitting is available for customisation, allowing the owner to broaden the HP2's range of features and equipment.
-The worldwide market launch of the HP2 will be in September.

Waylander
8th May 2005, 01:09
At this point I would ride almost anything.

Gremlin
8th May 2005, 01:12
how much could I sell it for?? I need to fuel my habit... of fixing my love...