PDA

View Full Version : Pre 95 class forthcoming?

White trash
2nd February 2010, 15:24
Heard a rumour recently that there may soon be the introduction of a Pre 95 class.

Anyone know if this is true or not?

R6_kid
3rd February 2010, 11:01
That would be ace! My TRX is an early 1995 model :)

Str8 Jacket
3rd February 2010, 11:05
I do vaguely remember talk about this but for some reason think the idea may have been shelved to be looked at in the future...

MSTRS
3rd February 2010, 11:25
It'll happen sooner or later. In the meantime, there's Clubmans, I suppose.

White trash
3rd February 2010, 11:38
Ummmm, I've berated the shit out of experienced racers riding in clubmans in the past. Bit two faced if I went and did that wouldn't it?

onearmedbandit
3rd February 2010, 13:00
I was surprised to see sponsored riders in clubmans to be honest. I thought it was mostly for riders of roadbikes stripping the lights of their machines and going and having some light competitive fun, but it seems to have gone up a few notches now. Or maybe my initial impression was incorrect.

ellipsis
7th February 2010, 13:16
...pre89 achieved its status as a pc class as the reqd amount of years had elapsed to allow the class a pc status, any club can run any classes they like, but I bet MNZ wont have any part of another class achieving that status until a certain amount of years click over. Eventually it will come, but like pre 82 and then pre 89, I bet it will have its pushers and its kickers.....and take a hell of a while to become a class...

RDjase
7th February 2010, 15:40
Pre 95 and pre 89 could race together and then pre 82 and pre 72 could do the same.

Just makes it hard to fit more classes in. Pre 82 has small numbers unless they have a race WITHOUT pre89s. Then there are heaps of them,

If Motards wernt racing it would allow the time on a already tight race day

ellipsis
7th February 2010, 16:10
Pre 95 and pre 89 could race together and then pre 82 and pre 72 could do the same.

Just makes it hard to fit more classes in. Pre 82 has small numbers unless they have a race WITHOUT pre89s. Then there are heaps of them,

If Motards wernt racing it would allow the time on a already tight race day

...we have been putting pre82s under 500cc in with pre72s and Pre82s over 500cc in with Pre89s for a few meetings now, works well at even-ing out the numbers...if Motards were not racing, it would make everybody except non racing joe public and motard riders happy.... too many classes, too many riders, not enough track time, not enough weekends, not enough money ,too many arseholes, not enough power, too much to eat....we're never happy.....

RDjase
7th February 2010, 21:20
...we have been putting pre82s under 500cc in with pre72s and Pre82s over 500cc in with Pre89s for a few meetings now, works well at even-ing out the numbers...if Motards were not racing, it would make everybody except non racing joe public and motard riders happy.... too many classes, too many riders, not enough track time, not enough weekends, not enough money ,too many arseholes, not enough power, too much to eat....we're never happy.....

So you are running 2 post classic classes?

How many classes do you run overall in your race days?

ellipsis
8th February 2010, 07:27
Until a couple of years back all classes ran on their own, classic, 72, 82 but the classic numbers have dropped off as has the pre72 class, we generally run the pre63 classics and pre72s together now, and the 82s and 89s as mentioned but thats only at our meetings, we all run together at the winter series with the BEARS . We have the buckets with us at all our meetings also. A lot of them run a pc also. Numbers are dropping off a bit, compared to a few seasons back where we could run a meeting without any non pc classes. We like to have the streets-tocks with our meetings when we can.