PDA

View Full Version : any1 work with aluminium ?

badlieutenant
8th May 2005, 11:19
After a few kms my exhausts have died and Ill need to fabricate some new ones before I can ride the beast. So what Im hoping is that someone here works with aluminium or might know of a place/person that could get hold of 100mm/1.8mm tubing and then be equiped to make and cap to reduce to headers. I making this on the cheap so I hoping to sort of copy my existing setup so that some of the parts wont have to be made just fitted.
oh and this is in welly too. :D

GSVR
8th May 2005, 11:58
I work in engineering and have access to TIG and Machining. Personally I wouldn't even bother making an exhaust can or system. There are guys that do it all the time that can make them cheaper and better. Cycleworks etc.

I'd look on trademe for some replacement cans. They come up all the time especially standard stuff from guys that want aftermarket.

badlieutenant
8th May 2005, 14:00
Ive used cycleworks before and they were alright but a bit dear. Especially when all I need is 2 bits of tubing and some end caps. Id be able to make it up home but thats a little bit far away at the moment :(

GSVR
8th May 2005, 19:04
If you get the time go to ullrich-aluminium.co.nz/ and price the tube which they only sell in half lengths (3 metres) and some solid 100mm. Then add machining cost. Please post the cost here if you do as I'm intersted.