PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 200 Earphones

CookMySock
5th February 2010, 16:23
Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 200 Noise Isolating Earphones

Sound quality: Grrrrreat

Noise Isolation: Impossible to have a conversation with someone.

Comfort: Grrreat!

Fits under helmet: Perfect!

Cost: $149.20 (dick smith)

Get some! Cheaper than custom-made earplugs.

Steve

2wheeldrifter
5th February 2010, 16:32
Got a pic?

NinjaNanna
5th February 2010, 18:18
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-MetroFi-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0014QQ8I2

Devil
9th February 2010, 09:57
Bought some of these in Jan on my way back up from down south. Fantastic sound quality, but stick out too much and get caught on the helmet. I have to reach up to pull them out of my ears before taking my helmet off or it's agony. The stem needs to be closer to 90 degrees.
Really fricken annoyed after spending $150 on earplugs.
Was bearable with balaclava over top, but you cant wear a balaclava in auckland for most of the year (when commuting in particular).
Gutted.

CookMySock
9th February 2010, 11:40
Yeah they do stick out a bit. Try using the smaller buds and slide them in a bit more.

Steve

Johnny Fartpants
9th February 2010, 21:44
I bought a pair of Ultimate Ears UE11 Pro's back in November. They're custom made to fit your ears. Had to get ear impressions
made and send them over to their factory in California. I play in a band so I bought them primarily to use as in ear monitors. I'd
tried using cheap ones (the Shures that came with my in ear monitor system, Sony's, cheap(-ish) Sennheisers from DSE, none of which were satisfactory - too much leakage from outside, no bass ). The UE 11's however are fuckin'
AWESOME. They block out loud drums really well, never fall out and the sound is fantastic - better than the best pair of cans. There
are 4 drivers in each earpiece (including a subwoofer). They really are the best - only problem is that you can't make your friends realise how good they sound, as they only fit your ears. Oh hang on, there is one other downside to them - they cost $1,150.00 USD,
plus the fuckin GST they steal from you before they let UPS deliver them to your door.....about $1,850.00 NZD landed. Worth it though. Listening to the IPOD I can hear things on songs that I'd never noticed before.

CookMySock
10th February 2010, 07:58
I guess its not out of the way to drop $2k on a set of reference speakers. IEMs won't last long being abused on a motorcycle though.

Steve