PDA

View Full Version : Kiwibank service

Fatjim
6th February 2010, 10:18
Is their branch service officially the worst of a bad lot? I must say I've never had any good service out of them, and to top it all off, they charged me $40 to deposit some cash the other day. First I'd heard of a bank charging you to look after your money.

Twit took over 20 minutes to count it too, with a machine! Took me two minutes by hand!

Mrs Cowboyz
6th February 2010, 10:59
i have had pretty good service from them.......bloody hell about the 40 dollar charge to put money in though....thats insane!

JMemonic
6th February 2010, 11:14
Its a branch to branch thing on the service, you weren't using a business account were you? I know at some banks they get charged to deposit money as a percentage of the amount deposit. If not I would go back and query the charge with the manager.

peasea
6th February 2010, 11:20
My missus got shagged about so much by Kiwibank she switched banks.

Motu
6th February 2010, 11:36
I live in the worst town in NZ,and our Kiwibank branch is great.

Indiana_Jones
6th February 2010, 11:41
I havn't come across this $40 fee you speak of, but if I do, the chances are I'll be swapping banks.

That's insane.

But otherwise I foind the account service is ok, $5 monthly fee for all the transactions you want; not too bad.

-Indy

p.dath
6th February 2010, 12:31
All banks I know of charge a commission if you bank for more $2,000 cash in a day.

duckonin
6th February 2010, 12:49
All banks I know of charge a commission if you bank for more $2,000 cash in a day.

Amazing they charge you to bank it, then charge you to use it, then charge you to loan it, yep nothing is free..

Jonno.
6th February 2010, 14:03
Bank with ASB.
No account fees on streamline account for unlimited eftpos, phone and internet banking.
Costs for manual transactions.

golfmade
6th February 2010, 14:10
Charging $40 for deposits, what's next?

EJK
6th February 2010, 14:14
$40?? That's my weekly wage!

Fatjim
6th February 2010, 18:17
Well Westpac wait till they've handled $75,000 cash per month before stinging you. Kiwibank is a measly $15,000.

pete376403
6th February 2010, 19:26
Some of the smaller branches are being closed down (I have collected the equipment from two of them in the past week around Wgtn) - K/Bank seems to be trying to go for a flasher, more "corporate" look for its branches. Pity the people in Eastbourne now have to go to Petone or further to use bank facilities.
Whatever happened to the "peoples bank" thing they were pushing?

Chooky
6th February 2010, 20:19
I live in the worst town in NZ,and our Kiwibank branch is great.

Yer our kiwibank is great too, so we must live in the same town....

Latte
6th February 2010, 20:27
Recently switched over to Kiwibank due to decent home loan rate, and the mortagage manager went above and beyond _b . Unfortunately every single task shes put onto the call centre / admin staff has been cocked uo right royally. To the point of taking our fortnightly mortgage payments out of our bank every week (prob the 6th or 7th theing they totally stuffed up with a 2 week period). Luckily the mortgage manager keeps sorting out the shit so we have stayed. Otherwise we'd be kicking up a major stink. Guess it's all person dependant.

Mully
6th February 2010, 20:42
Where's Swoop? He's got a hate-on for Kiwibank.

BAD DAD
6th February 2010, 21:21
The staff at our local Kiwibank act too much like they are working for a government department for me to change. If I want to look at a miserable old scowl , I can stay home and look in the mirror . As much as I admire them coming up at the Aussie banks , the place reaks of PostOffice to me.