PDA

View Full Version : Auckland champs mx

klx kid
8th February 2010, 18:10
this is probably a dumb question but....i am going to do the Auckland champs mx and need mnz. i have arranged to get one and it is supposed to be here in time for the event but my friends are telling me to buy a day licence for it as it would be more practicle.
is it possible to buy a day licence for under 16 year olds? (im 14)
any info would help. thanks

oldguy
8th February 2010, 19:21
Best you PM scott411

Dutchee
8th February 2010, 19:52
At what age can a One Event Licence be purchased?

Any rider 8 years or over for Off Road Events, 13 years for Miniature Road Race (as per rule 24),
Street Stock (as per rule 22-12) Junior Road Racing Classic (Rule 25-6) and Young Junior Road
Race Rule (15-7) & 16 or over for all other events can purchase a One Event Licence. If the rider is
between the ages of 8 and 18, the parent or guardian must sign on the riders behalf.
Per MNZ's website.

So, yes, you can get a day licence, SO LONG as the club is selling them on the day (there is no obligation for clubs to do so, so check first).

As I understand it, you've applied for your licence, so you don't need a day licence (unless you forget yours on the day) - BUT you will need to contact MNZ beforehand, and get them to fax you a letter saying it's not going to be there in time (if that's the case).

http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/download/ONE_EVENT_LICENCE_FAQS1.pdf is most of the questions asked, so have a read.

Have fun :)

L Rider
8th February 2010, 20:01
They had put a stop to faxing through confirmation that a license has been applied for but won't arrive on time. Couple of years back hubby had to travel Auck to Huntly to collect our son's so he could race that weekend (he was only 4 so couldn't get a day license). Worse part was it was MNZ who were back logged majorly because of trying to set it up online.

Dutchee
8th February 2010, 20:43
After L Rider's post, are they aware of when you need the licence for? Still give them a ring and stress the deadline to them.

Also check that the organisers/club are selling day licences as a back-up.

Sheesh, L Rider, dealing with MNZ can be such a PITA at times (I'm not anti them BTW).

scott411
8th February 2010, 20:58
this is probably a dumb question but....i am going to do the Auckland champs mx and need mnz. i have arranged to get one and it is supposed to be here in time for the event but my friends are telling me to buy a day licence for it as it would be more practicle.
is it possible to buy a day licence for under 16 year olds? (im 14)
any info would help. thanks

the answer for juniors is no you can not,

Scott