PDA

View Full Version : To the rider on NW motorway this morning

Fub@r
9th February 2010, 07:58
My universal hand signal for a "wanker" was not directed at you but the driver of the Rentokil van that hit the brakes right in front of you to push in to the Southern link lane at the last minute.

Background:

I was in right hand Port lane, another rider beside me in left Port lane. Rentokil van hit the brakes at last possible second to cut in to the Southern link lane just before barrier causing the rider beside me to brake hard to avoid the rear end of the van. So as I went past I turned around and did the "wanker" indication. Wasn't till afterwards I thought that maybe the rider thought I was directing it at him.

People like that van driver are the reason I don't use the left Port lane in the morning rush hour.

crazyhorse
9th February 2010, 08:08
Well, heres hoping the other biker is a KB member and sees this, and realises your kind jesture was meant for the cage man...... At least there was no accident to come out of this...

Krayy
9th February 2010, 11:11
Thiose idiots really annoy me. I get on the MW at Western Springs and head for the outside lane to get onto the Port exits. A week or so ago, I was coming around the wide bend just before the Bond St bridge, where the port lanes split into 2, and some random BMW x5 driving woman had essentially stopped in the left port lane wanting to merge with the Southern exchange traffic. How the hell she was expecting to merge from a standstill into 40-50km/h traffic was beyond me, and the fact that she still had ~1.5km until the southern link split from the port lanes made her stopping place all the more stupid. I gave her a friendly "wave" as I swereved around the bitch, and then I thought "Damn, I should have kicked her door in"

mattian
9th February 2010, 11:32
I gave the wanker sign to sum nutter once, he stops his car dead in the middle of the road and when I went to go around him he swerves towards me in an attempt to knock me off. Moral of the story is...... if you're going to do it, make sure you have an easy out plan, ie quick route of escape. there as some crazy people out there and remember folks, when it comes to road rage, the car can be a lethal weapon.

Mully
9th February 2010, 13:05
People like that van driver are the reason I don't use the left Port lane in the morning rush hour.

People like that van driver are the precise reason I do use the left Port lane in the morning.

Being alert to what they're about to do (and having an escape route), and giving them 100-odd Db of Stebel "Fuck off" when they do it makes my morning.