PDA

View Full Version : ZXR250C FINISHED! Yippee

wildcat_lgf
9th May 2005, 18:07
Well actually I love it, I don't think it looks like a bumble bee but it has potential :) (Wait till I get my black and yellow leathers).

Here are some ACTUAL photos for you all, seeing as a number of you have been waiting to see them in "the flesh"

Let me know what you think, plus anything is for sale for the right price :D

sAsLEX
9th May 2005, 18:13
nice work! so how much all up was done$?

Sutage
9th May 2005, 18:14
Very nice man, looking good :niceone:

wildcat_lgf
9th May 2005, 18:28
nice work! so how much all up was done$?

He he he now that would be telling.

Decals $350
Paint $600ish
Black Frame, Wheels etc $200ish
Plus a bit of plastic welding, and new bolts, new upholstry, fluids change, clutch springs, blah blah blah

Next time I'd be tempted to paint it myself rather than pay, surely it can't be that hard?

Excal
9th May 2005, 18:40
lol i have $1500 to spend on a bike ... doubt thats enought , nice bike btw

Skunk
9th May 2005, 18:40
Next time I'd be tempted to paint it myself rather than pay, surely it can't be that hard?
:killingme
Nice job on the bike though.

Coyote
9th May 2005, 18:54
If I only had the money to do that myself, nice job :niceone:

SuperDave
9th May 2005, 18:55
Looks real flash. Good job on it man :niceone:

Ghost Lemur
9th May 2005, 19:06
Nice work wildcat. More details on work done please.

Looks like Cajun has some competition for the Bananaman title. :msn-wink:

Suney
9th May 2005, 19:12
Looks primo man!
I'm really jealous

Bren_chch
9th May 2005, 21:57
Thats looks real nice!!!

The problem with doing these bigger jobs is that you dont have a bike for a week or two, thats why I never get anything done as I need a good ride every two days!

:ride:

wildcat_lgf
9th May 2005, 22:02
Nice work wildcat. More details on work done please.

Looks like Cajun has some competition for the Bananaman title. :msn-wink:

Not alot to tell really...Stripped the bike myself, then got the frame painted gloss black with 2K enamel, was going to powdercoat but was advised that 2K would be better. Plus because they bake it, you have to press out perfectly good bearings and replace - which means $$$. And with layers of powdercoating the parts may not fit back together properly as the coating is quite thick; also threaded holes have to be plugged, so I figured it was more hassle than its worth.

Then reassembled myself, got everything back together. Took about 4 hours to take apart, and about the same to put back together.

Then the fairings went off to get painted, Ducati yellow with white base. And ordered the decals from Aussie, and applied them myself - neat little trick to know is to put soapy water under where the decal goes, which means you can stick the decal down but still move it around into position until the water dries off; and it doesn't affect the decal glue either :)

Other than that it is pretty much standard, went down to the upholsterers and got $10 worth of black marine grade vinyl (which would easily do 4 seats) and cut a pattern and re-covered the seats (had to get the handle stitched for $15 because mum's sewing machine wasn't strong enough to go through the webbing).

Other than that, just new fluids, and general tidy up.

Anything else you want to know just ask and I'll try and help :)

wildcat_lgf
9th May 2005, 22:03
Thats looks real nice!!!

The problem with doing these bigger jobs is that you dont have a bike for a week or two, thats why I never get anything done as I need a good ride every two days!

:ride:

A week or two!! Everything took about 2x as long as I thought it would, its been a couple of months between start and finish, didn't need to be but I didn't need it urgently finished. Could I suppose get about 3 week turn around?

John
9th May 2005, 22:05
looks awsome as!!

Nice as, good work...

N4CR
9th May 2005, 22:07
I bags the decals!!!!!

Looks nice man (as I posted in a nother thread) and its good to see some variation. How long did it take you to photo'chop' the decals and stickery thingeemabobs? (mainly the fairing 'speed stripes') :niceone:

justsomeguy
9th May 2005, 22:13
Beautiful.

There John now you have something to compare to.

Hey wildcat could you bring that beauty out to the SH22 ride this Sat??? It would be awesome to see it in the flesh.:yes:

wildcat_lgf
10th May 2005, 08:30
Beautiful.

There John now you have something to compare to.

Hey wildcat could you bring that beauty out to the SH22 ride this Sat??? It would be awesome to see it in the flesh.:yes:

Would love to bring it out for the ride, but I got church on a Sat which makes it a little difficult :) I'll have to find a ride on a Sunday...Have a great ride though, shame to miss it.

wildcat_lgf
10th May 2005, 08:33
I bags the decals!!!!!

Looks nice man (as I posted in a nother thread) and its good to see some variation. How long did it take you to photo'chop' the decals and stickery thingeemabobs? (mainly the fairing 'speed stripes') :niceone:

Not sure what you mean by phot'chop'? I bought them as a decal set from performance decals in Aussie. I have scanned them as .TIFF files so I can later get them reproduced in case I lay it over :whistle:

They still need to be traced as a vector file format to be reproduced by a signwriter, they wanted to charge me about $140 just to do that, and then extra to reproduce them again (could be about the same or more as getting a new set from Aus :no: )

Suney
11th May 2005, 20:14
When you say you did most of the prep work, did that including sanding back and priming it yourself?

Simon A
11th May 2005, 21:55
Awesome looking bike mate :niceone:
The color looks really nice, suits the bike well.

wildcat_lgf
11th May 2005, 22:46
When you say you did most of the prep work, did that including sanding back and priming it yourself?

Cheers for the comments everyone...I sanded back most of the panels and the tank, one side of the main fairing had a couple of scratches to be filled so left that to the painter...but in the end I didn't prime it myself either, had all that done properly, and they probably re-sanded my efforts anyway :unsure:

250learna
11th May 2005, 23:09
Let me know what you think, plus anything is for sale for the right price :D

Well i think its beautiful :love:
and am willing to give you my zxr for it... :whistle:

g34l
24th May 2005, 21:49
really nice mate!!! i am afraid i have to do mine too,because it just gone through the crash stage!!(sadly)