PDA

View Full Version : Fatt Bloke Busking - OXFAM Trailwalk 2010

Fatt Max
11th February 2010, 11:05
Some of you may already know that myself and 3 mates have been mad (or drunk) enough to enrol for the Oxfam Trailwalk this year.

OXFAM Trailwalk is a 100km team event where the team walk the full course in and around Taupo and goes through the day and night. We have been training since August last year and so far, among other things, have completed 36km, 42km and 50km training walks through Woodhill Forest (oh the joy, and not a pie cart to be seen…)

The event takes place over the weekend of 10th & 11th April 2010. We aim to complete the course all up in about 26 – 28 hours.

In addition to the walking, part of the commitment to this event is to raise money for OXFAM and in an effort to do so, I will be picking up the guitar and performing a 12 hour busk in Howick.

So if you are free at any time on Saturday the 27th of March between 8am and 8pm - I will be set up on the corner of Uxbridge Road and Picton Street in Howick singing my little heart out to as many Beatles songs as I can remember. Obviously we will be hoping to raise a bit of money towards the Oxfam team's $2500 target.

Our team is called 'Shaken not Stirred' and you can check out the team page here:

http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=24&teamid=3750

I will be updating this over the weekend but have a look if you get two seconds

Hopefully then will see you in Howick on the 27th if you can make it. Come over, have a coffee or a beer, enjoy the village shops and if you are going to throw food, can you at least make sure it’s a pie or something

Cheers my dears

Fatt Max.....:woohoo:

Mully
11th February 2010, 11:14
Do one out West, Maximus.

I'd come throw some pennies (and a Steak & Cheese) in your hat.

Gwinch
11th February 2010, 11:26
Muzzas or Jesters?

Fatt Max
11th February 2010, 11:31
Muzzas or Jesters?

I'm easy. Muzzas have more filling but Jesters are softer so wont hurt as much......just aim for me gob, should'nt be too difficult, eh

Gwinch
11th February 2010, 11:33
I'm easy. Muzzas have more filling but Jesters are softer so wont hurt as much......just aim for me gob, should'nt be too difficult, eh

I'll just shove it in yer airhole if you start singing a song I don't like. :) You going to be in the gazebo?

Fatt Max
11th February 2010, 11:41
I'll just shove it in yer airhole if you start singing a song I don't like. :) You going to be in the gazebo?

Yep, on the cnr of Uxbridge Road.

They call it the Rotunda, so it's sort of Rotund in the Rotunda I suppose....

Mrs Max
11th February 2010, 18:23
Cant wait you fat fucker,
I will be up the front throwing frozen pies at ya
Might even stretch to a few frozen chickens while I'm at it
Soooo......you will be out all day that day. Might just get that hot guy who owns the nice Ducati over the road round here for a run, I'm sure he'll grease my chain

Lucyloo
23rd March 2010, 11:14
Hi Max
Are you still on for this Saturday?
And what flavour pie do you prefer?
Luce

Fatt Max
25th March 2010, 15:53
Hello my lovelies, just a reminder on the below event in Howick if you fancy coming down and taking the piss......

Fatt Bloke Busking - OXFAM Trailwalk 2010

Some of you may already know that myself and 3 mates have been mad (or drunk) enough to enrol for the Oxfam Trailwalk this year.

OXFAM Trailwalk is a 100km team event where the team walk the full course in and around Taupo and goes through the day and night. We have been training since August last year and so far, among other things, have completed 36km, 42km and 50km training walks through Woodhill Forest (oh the joy, and not a pie cart to be seen…)

The event takes place over the weekend of 10th & 11th April 2010. We aim to complete the course all up in about 26 – 28 hours.

In addition to the walking, part of the commitment to this event is to raise money for OXFAM and in an effort to do so, I will be picking up the guitar and performing a 12 hour busk in Howick.

So if you are free at any time on Saturday the 27th of March between 8am and 8pm - I will be set up on the corner of Uxbridge Road and Picton Street in Howick singing my little heart out to as many Beatles songs as I can remember. Obviously we will be hoping to raise a bit of money towards the Oxfam team's $2500 target.

Our team is called 'Shaken not Stirred' and you can check out the team page here:

http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams...24&teamid=3750

I will be updating this over the weekend but have a look if you get two seconds

Hopefully then will see you in Howick on the 27th if you can make it. Come over, have a coffee or a beer, enjoy the village shops and if you are going to throw food, can you at least make sure it’s a pie or something

Cheers my dears

Fatt Max.....