PDA

View Full Version : KTM690sm plus fuckloads of extras!

Quasievil
11th February 2010, 17:46
Stoopid programme its $11,000.00, if someone wants to pay over a mill thats fine!

Forget the high speed sports bikes, this will have you smiling where ever you go, great tourer with the added accessories, and a brilliant town bike or quick blat around the coromandel machine.
13 litre tank gets you 260 kms every time, with KTM most reliable engine ever, and most powerful single cylinder bike on the market today.
Packed with features and extras

* Genuine KTM set of mint orange Plastics (Black plastic option shown) so black or orange you decide change them around as you like!
* Genuine KTM screen (stops wind for long distance and easily removable)
* Genuine KTM 690sm touring tank bag goes on in seconds and fits perfectly
* Ventura rack
* Oxford hand warmers
* Running a set of Continentals sport tyres with 50% tread left
*KTM owners manual
*reciepts for services
* I will throw in a new Qmoto Qstreet Jacket if the asking price is paid see qmoto online for specs.
* Owned by two fussy and meticulous owners all scheduled services done and done by KTM dealers, this is a 2008 and it is in exceptional condition.

Bike Specs

Style of bike Super Motard
Engine Info 690cc, liquid cooled,
Single cyl fuel injected
Transmission 6 speed.
Brakes: Front 320mm single disc
Brakes: Rear 240mm single disc
Wind protection Short cockpit fairing.
Passenger comfort Not as bad as you'd think on a bike like this!
Fuel Capacity 13.20 litres
Range per tank 260kms
Final Drive Chain.
Seat Height 875 mm
Kerb Weight 152.0 kg
Maximum Power 63.02 HP (46.0 kW)) @ 7500 RPM
Maximum Torque 65.00 Nm (6.6 kgf-m or 47.9 ft.lbs) @ 6550 RPM

pete376403
11th February 2010, 23:15
You going back to a KLR?

Quasievil
12th February 2010, 09:15
You going back to a KLR?

Nah mate, be a sports machine or possibly nothing for a bit...............till I can make up me mind on what

CBRAero
28th April 2010, 22:52
so what of the reports the fueling is a bit lean and the bike doesn't run well under 4k - have those issues been cleared up? I like the idea of this bike although the aftermarket parts and mods seem to be thin on the ground still...

Quasievil
29th April 2010, 07:59
Runs mint, and already has most of the extras that come with it

Devil
29th April 2010, 08:22
so what of the reports the fueling is a bit lean and the bike doesn't run well under 4k - have those issues been cleared up? I like the idea of this bike although the aftermarket parts and mods seem to be thin on the ground still...

I am the previous owner of the bike, I dont know of any fueling issues (on any of the 690's). Believe me, I did plenty of research before buying the thing. The big single doesn't do low revs so well (fueling fine, just prefers a few revs) because it's a fairly high performance engine (as tuned as you can get while still being reliable). Tons of power and torque up the rev range. Goes like stink! Smoother than you would think too (something they fixed over the 640).

One of the most enjoyable bikes i've had.

There are plenty of aftermarket bits for them, there's not much else to add anyway. If you want to bling one, just go buy the KTM powerparts catalogue. There's a boatload of stuff in there (reasonably priced too from the states I might add! www.ktm-parts.com).

Nutter34
29th April 2010, 19:32
Any bites?

I had one a while back. It was good for the experience...

As Devil says, it's more of a top-end motor. And does it sing...

Thunderbikes did a different fuel map on mine when I changed the pipe. It made it a lot more responsive down low. Actually, they did two maps. One was a fuel map, the other was a throttle map, if I remember correctly.

Quasievil
30th April 2010, 14:06
sold and gone

sinfull
30th April 2010, 14:23
sold and gone
Woooohooooo Birthday boy's going shopping ! Nice !!!!

sil3nt
30th April 2010, 16:41
750 time? :wari:

Quasievil
30th April 2010, 20:24
Nope, already brought it, the bike has an R and a 1 in it