PDA

View Full Version : WTB Fuel pump for 1986Honda VFR700F - US model

Bald Eagle
12th February 2010, 10:04
WTB Fuel pump for 1986Honda VFR700F - US model

vifferman
12th February 2010, 10:41
Are you sure you actually need one? I'm not taking the piss or anything, but I know that many owners of older model VFRs on the VFR Discussion forum (http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?) have successfully removed their fuel pump, as in many/most cases it isn't really required. It's kind of engineering overkill on Honda's part.
However, having said that, I don't now first-hand what the dynamics of the VFR700's fuel tank and carbs are, and whether it will function fine without the pump.
Another option if you can't find one (unless you want to keep you bike in stock OEM condition) is to replace it with some other automotive fuel pump.

Bald Eagle
12th February 2010, 13:09
Are you sure you actually need one? I'm not taking the piss or anything, but I know that many owners of older model VFRs on the VFR Discussion forum (http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?) have successfully removed their fuel pump, as in many/most cases it isn't really required. It's kind of engineering overkill on Honda's part.
However, having said that, I don't now first-hand what the dynamics of the VFR700's fuel tank and carbs are, and whether it will function fine without the pump.
Another option if you can't find one (unless you want to keep you bike in stock OEM condition) is to replace it with some other automotive fuel pump.

Thanks for the suggestion will investigate the manual / layout of tank carbs etc and discus with the shop if this is a plan c option.

FROSTY
12th February 2010, 19:31
I know you know but viffer 750 bits go into a 700

98tls
12th February 2010, 19:37
Fwiw if it has to be an Oem pump etc go directly to Ebay without bothering here,have had the mis-fortune to have tried sourcing parts for older bikes here for years only to every time find the same thing for a 3rd of the price overseas inclusive of post.That aside i can get something from England a week quicker than Auckland.