PDA

View Full Version : http://www.22000rpm.com/ O_o

N4CR
9th May 2005, 22:52
Yeah... stumbled across this (http://www.22000rpm.com/) while 'surfang teh intarwebs'.

Developable to 22,000rpm and its a blardy V8!!!!! Thats insane. Site looks a little old now so it might not have taken off.

Any one know anything about this?

SuperDave
9th May 2005, 23:09
First time seeing that. It sure looks awesome :D Wonder if it is or will go ahead, would be interesting to see it the 'flesh'.

Mr Skid
9th May 2005, 23:21
It's not that hard to believe is it?

Stop thinking V8=5.8L lump for a moment, and start thinking cylinder size(bore x stroke). Then start thinking maximum piston speed.

A 250/4 redlines around 18,000-19,000rpm, and that's with 62.5cc of displacement per cylinder. A 990cc V8 would be 123.75cc per cylinder.

Yes, that is approximately double the displacement, but if it's a particuarly short stroke design (as you'd likely expect from a race engine) and it's only meant to last a single race, then it's quite possible that it could operate at those revs.

If you're still in doubt about the ability of a 990cc V8, consider that the V10's in F1 redline at 18000 rpm..

Motu
9th May 2005, 23:34
Wasn't the Clydsdale just XJ top ends on a new crank/crankcase.MotoGP eh - disapeared without a trace.....I reckon Yamaha saw what a fantastic thing these dimwit Aussies had produced....bought the company and killed it for a tax rightoff....but in reallity it's the Clydsdale V8 that is powering Rossi to victory - remember,you heard it first here...

dangerous
10th May 2005, 06:16
Wasn't the Clydsdale just XJ top ends on a new crank/crankcase.MotoGP eh - disapeared without a trace.....I reckon Yamaha saw what a fantastic thing these dimwit Aussies had produced....bought the company and killed it for a tax rightoff....but in reallity it's the Clydsdale V8 that is powering Rossi to victory - remember,you heard it first here...
FZ400 top ends IIRC, and as far as I know they are still producing bikes.... gust ask and I'm sure they will send ya your very own Clydsdale over all you will need is AU$78,000 I like it :ride:

http://home.mira.net/%7Eiwd/cruiser/Cruiser_SthRd_04_thm.jpg

Kickaha
10th May 2005, 07:04
yeah they're still around ,it has a link on that page,wonder how many they've sold though

Just telling Dangerous a couple of days ago that there's a guy in Chch that is building his own 500cc V8 that will going into a motorcycle,using existing top end but casting his own crankcase and using a twin crank system like the RZ500

speedpro
10th May 2005, 21:46
Ian and I emailed back and forth a few years ago and I caught up with him at the Aussie GP where he had some stuff on display. Really nice guy and clever with it. He's always been into inventing and thinking about new stuff, like 2-wheel drive bikes. He had a mockup of the V8 on show with the trickest injection throttle body on it. With the throttles open it was completely obstruction free.

That engine was the one he had on show.