PDA

View Full Version : Useless LTNZ!

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 08:46
Ok, rant time! My full licence was booked in for Saturday morning, I was ready, had confirmation e-mailed to me, money out the account, all good, turn up 20 minutes early cos if you're 5 minutes late you lose your fee.......and no-one turned up!!

Their system fuked up my booking. Closest next one they can give me is 5 March, 2 weeks away only yes, but, at a massively inconvenient time and place for me, plus I'm leaving the country for awhile so have to take that as can't be any later.

Called them this morning, got passed around cos their system is fuked again, got put onto a senior who regurgitated the same bullshit again. "We can't book you on a test if none are available". Really, not even any special dispensation for instances where you mess things up like this asks I? Same broken record answer........surely they could put on an extra tester for 1 test for stuffing it up??
If you run a business and take peoples hard earned money off them, you make things right for your customer if you stuff up right?

Are these people trained to be morons and have zero customer service? I didn't even get a single apology. What really boils my blood is the fact they crap on about how you'll lose your fee if more than 5 minutes late, and yet they didn't even turn up (don't give a toss about their systems, wasn't my failing) and not even so much as an apology. They reckon somehow the system cancelled my booking...ok, so why wasn't my money put back, and why no canx confirmation?

FUK!!!!!!! In case you couldn't tell....I'm reeeeeeelly reeeeely angry. :angry2:

Thanks for listening/reading:weep:

firefighter
15th February 2010, 08:54
It sucks mate.

And the worst thing is, people absolutely need their services, so they never have to learn the hard way. Customers will walk in the door no-matter what.

A protest/boycott would do nothing.......as getting kiwis to band together over something is impossible.

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 08:56
Yeh, that's what probably is the worst, they just don't care because they just don't have to.

I was super ready for it, was even planning on doing some test riding the next day.

hmmmnz
15th February 2010, 09:00
burn the place down... go on we know you want to.. :D

thats shit, i detest those goat buggerers, and they all seem to hate their jobs as well

Rockbuddy
15th February 2010, 09:02
LTNZ arnt the only place to do your licence get your money back off them and go to your local AA office

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 09:05
"burn the place down... go on we know you want to"
Gave me a chuckle, cheers mate.

I went to the AA next door to the LTNZ testing station in Westgate and they are the ones who re-booked me on LTNZ?

Spyke
15th February 2010, 09:06
They can be like that as they are the only ones that can give you your licence I think.

They are coonts, when I booked my restricted she wrote down the day for me then put it in different on the computer. I missed the test, went back to get a refund as was her fault and she denied it was her fault hard out (I did get a new time booked after just standing there saying i'm not leaving till somethings done).

It was actually funny to go in there because everytime I got the impression they were only there to take my hard earned dosh and fuck things up.

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 09:11
I'm gonna draft a letter detailing the incompetence and snail mail it to whatever approximates for a board of directors there. Probably won't accomplish anything, but if I just do nothing then no-one there will ever be held accountable.

Did the same thing when I had an issue with AMI, had a burglary and they tried to wangle out of paying insurance, drafted letters and said if I didn't get something done they'd be going to the board (whose addresses are public knowledge on the business register). Half hour later I had a call from an AKL regional manager and had it sorted.
I don't expect the same to happen, but maybe it'll help the next poor schmuck to experience this.

MSTRS
15th February 2010, 09:12
LTNZ (NZTA) are not licence testers.
AA are, as are some branches of VTNZ.

Mihajlo
15th February 2010, 09:18
I had a similar problem with licencing when i went to go get my learners, the AA gave me the test for cars instead of motorcycles, i never studied to do the car licencing but still new the road rules i complained to the lady at the desk and she told me to sit back down and finish the test, and that if i passed it they'd just let me do the motorcycle test, i failed cause i didn't know how far loads can extend over cars so i had to pay an extra 40 dollars to resit the test even after complaining to them that it was their fault and even speaking to the manager. You can't trust these guys, they are just thieving cunts.

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 09:19
So who are the NZ transport agency? That's what all my documentation is branded as.

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 09:28
LTNZ (NZTA) are not licence testers.
AA are, as are some branches of VTNZ.

I see the confusion, I'm talking about a full licence, not the theory test.

MSTRS
15th February 2010, 09:28
So who are the NZ transport agency? That's what all my documentation is branded as.

NZTA are the old LTNZ and Transit, merged. They set the rules and oversee everything to do with roading and vehicles. I don't think they actually 'do' anything...

Bounce001
15th February 2010, 09:38
NZTA are the old LTNZ and Transit, merged. They set the rules and oversee everything to do with roading and vehicles. I don't think they actually 'do' anything...

Yes THEY do... They take our money and then won't give it back when THEY fuck up.

I would also write to my MP as they are a gubberment dept. there has to some accountability...somewhere...

FROSTY
15th February 2010, 09:52
Tubbsy Im sorry to say this dude but you must have rubbed someone up the wrong way.
Theres several testing centres round Auckland and if they wanted to they could fit you in.
(part of my job is getting peoples licences sorted)
When its urgent I'm on the phone checking for cancellations and getting customers to their test.

firefighter
15th February 2010, 09:56
Tubbsy Im sorry to say this dude but you must have rubbed someone up the wrong way.
Theres several testing centres round Auckland and if they wanted to they could fit you in.
(part of my job is getting peoples licences sorted)
When its urgent I'm on the phone checking for cancellations and getting customers to their test.

Maybe he should have a chat to you and buy you a box? :apint:

(nothing like volunteering someone else for something!)

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 09:57
I don't understand it then, because I deal with clients as part of my job, so my first SOP is polite and easy to deal with. I wound up being bounced around all over the place which was when I became stroppy because there wasn't so much as an apology. They tried to say I cancelled my own test and then turned up for it.

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 09:59
Maybe he should have a chat to you and buy you a box? :apint:

(nothing like volunteering someone else for something!)

I could do that! ;)

FROSTY
15th February 2010, 10:08
WHEN are you available to sit a test and how far will you travel?

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 10:10
WHEN are you available to sit a test and how far will you travel?

I'll PM you mate

FROSTY
15th February 2010, 14:27
Tubbsy--ok mon Barring cancellations the earliest booking aint till 7/3/10 in Auckland. BUT Hamilton is a really good possibility. Go to the Albany AA centre at 19 Omega dr and see Jack He's expecting you.

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 14:32
Legend, I love this website!

Grubber
15th February 2010, 14:43
LTNZ arnt the only place to do your licence get your money back off them and go to your local AA office

The perfect answer....just go do it at AA. Problem solved.

Tubbsy
15th February 2010, 14:46
The perfect answer....just go do it at AA. Problem solved.

The AA don't do full licences, only the initial tests.

MSTRS
15th February 2010, 20:15
They do. In Napier and Hastings, anyway.

motorbyclist
15th February 2010, 22:29
The AA don't do full licences, only the initial tests.

You're a bit confused... I've done several with the AA but was similarly annoyed with how useless they can be, but nonetheless did have a good staff experience when after booking a test online (possibly through the LTNZ website) I was booked for a time when the AA was closed. Luckily I was more than 30 minutes early to do the paperwork (anticipating huge queues) and one of the ladies closing up stayed the extra 10 minutes to get everything sorted

Tubbsy
16th February 2010, 07:05
Tubbsy--ok mon Barring cancellations the earliest booking aint till 7/3/10 in Auckland. BUT Hamilton is a really good possibility. Go to the Albany AA centre at 19 Omega dr and see Jack He's expecting you.

Nice one Frosty, he sat there with me and found an earlier date. Next Thursday. Thanks for the help mate!

FROSTY
16th February 2010, 09:05
Nice one Frosty, he sat there with me and found an earlier date. Next Thursday. Thanks for the help mate!
Ahh man thats just bloody fantastic news. I'm stoked for ya. Don't forget the rule though bro--Pass it forward someday :-)

Tubbsy
16th February 2010, 09:08
Ahh man thats just bloody fantastic news. I'm stoked for ya. Don't forget the rule though bro--Pass it forward someday :-)

Thanks mate, yep, definitely will, that's one of my golden rules.