PDA

View Full Version : motelbob is up and running.

motelbob
10th May 2005, 12:19
After 25yrs off bikes I've had a sudden attack of midlife crisis. Just bought a mint 1996 suzi rf900. Had it shipped up from christchurch to wellsford. Have to give huge raps to Lindsay at ChCh motorcycles for checking it out for me and throwing it on a truck. The guy could'nt have been more helpful. Nice bloke. Used to run around on the old single bangers back in the 70s, cant believe how much grunt bikes have got nowdays(I come from a time when we thought rd 350s were quick) Love this site . Theres some hard case stories! p.s . If anyone takes a run up highway 16 ,call in to sunvalley motel at the end by wellsford for a great deal on a room for kiwibikers if you want to stop for the night.(No this isn;t an ad for my benifit I'm busy enough as it is ) Cheers. Motelbob

Badcat
10th May 2005, 12:24
welcome MB.
take it easy on the new bike, as you said - they've come a loooong way.
the first 12 months of your return to biking are probably the most risky accident wise. I know when i returned 10 years ago - there were some "interesting" occasions.

glad to have you with us.

k

vifferman
10th May 2005, 12:25
Congratulations, motelbob! :niceone:

Have fun, and remember to keep the rubber side up!

Oh yeah - and welcome to Kiwi Biker (seeing as I haven't said it to you before). :spudwave:

Riff Raff
10th May 2005, 13:29
Welcome back to the world of biking and welcome to our humble establishment - there's no pissing allowed in the spa - but farting is encouraged!!!

Sensei
10th May 2005, 17:22
Great news & welcome to KB . Just take it easy for awhile till things feel Ok on your new Ride

woody68
10th May 2005, 21:37
Welcome dude. :Punk:
Get out and have fun.

Zed
10th May 2005, 21:48
After 25yrs off bikes I've had a sudden attack of midlife crisis. Just bought a mint 1996 suzi rf900. ...If anyone takes a run up highway 16 ,call in to sunvalley motel at the end by wellsford for a great deal on a room for kiwibikers if you want to stop for the night.(No this isn;t an ad for my benifit I'm busy enough as it is ) Cheers. MotelbobWelcome to KB and back to motorcycling Bob! :ride:

I get up to Wellsford to see my father from time to time, he lives down Whangaripo Valley Rd. Maybe I'll stop by the motel on my bike and say hi one of these days. Does your new RF reside at the motel?

Rapt
10th May 2005, 21:54
RD350.....now there was a bike. The RF should give you long faithful service Bob...they're bulletproof :niceone:

Matt Bleck
10th May 2005, 22:16
Yes great choice of bike mate, take it easy and ride like their all trying to kill you, because they probably are!! :yes:

Virago
10th May 2005, 22:28
Hi Motelbob,
Great to have another midlife crisis sufferer aboard. Let's show these young 'uns what it's all about!

Biff
10th May 2005, 23:27
Welcome :niceone:

And well done for getting back into biking. Had I known you - I'm sure I would have missed you. As I don't, where have you been?

Holy Roller
11th May 2005, 02:14
Welcome aboard
may catch you at a rally somewhere

LB
11th May 2005, 05:01
Hi Motelbob - welcome to the KB gargre.

You won't catch me at a rally, I'm a motel girl (name of yours noted for next trip north!)

RD350's.....those were the days.......(so they tell me of course :msn-wink: )

Will
11th May 2005, 07:03
Welcome Motelbob,

Have you been on a weekend away to Napier recently on your bike, with a few others?

Pixie
14th May 2005, 01:43
Hi Bob,
If you need any assist with the bike PM me.
I live down the road from you (S.H. 16)
can do small engineering jobs (detector mounts, chain oilers etc.)My brother had an RF and has a GIVI mounting kit for sale to fit. :niceone: