PDA

View Full Version : Cops actively policing 70km/h zone between harbour bridge and market rd

enigma51
16th February 2010, 16:57
a little birdie told me last night that coppers are actively patrolling and will be speed checking between the harbour bridge and market rd turn off.

Apparently people arent paying attention to the 70km/h speed limit around that area.

PS the vans they park there apparently has someone in them and if that person rights down you motorcycle license plate you are in for demerits. (Thats apparently a common practice ????)

So fuckers when you see the fuzz ride your own race and do wheelies past them unless you riding with raj he will do them for you

no_8wire
16th February 2010, 18:25
Dermits only apply if pulled over personally by an officer IIRC? Since they apply to the licence rather than the person. Hence why speed camera fines go to the registered owner not the driver necessarily.

mattian
16th February 2010, 18:44
they're going to be very busy writing down every single car/bike/truck number plate that goes through there..... honestly. Even in the slow lane they're doing about 75+
Unless you're doing some ridiculous speeds while splitting or overtaking they're probably not going to notice you. its just common sense.

SMOKEU
16th February 2010, 18:49
its just common sense.

Common sense is something politicians forgot about a very long time ago. After all, they're the ones that make the laws.

kiwifruit
16th February 2010, 18:55
about 75+

Indicated.

mattian
16th February 2010, 19:01
Indicated.

I thought I did!..... or was I going straight through? oh I can't remember now

kwaka_crasher
16th February 2010, 19:10
PS the vans they park there apparently has someone in them and if that person rights down you motorcycle license plate you are in for demerits. (Thats apparently a common practice ????)

Nah, that's bullshit. No demerits - detection by speed camera is specifically excluded from incurring them.

MikeL
16th February 2010, 19:55
How to Really Piss People Off: extract from Road Tansport Primer
1. Post a 70 kph sign on a stretch of road that used to be 100, then was reduced to 80, because there's a remote possibility that some idiot might be distracted by a big blue thing and drive over the side of the viaduct.
2. Put up a Speed Camera sign but don't actually put a Speed Camera in. Ignore the fact that most vehicles are travelling (safely) at 80-90 kph.
3. When the public has been lulled into a false sense of security, and regardless of any statistics showing the lack of serious accidents on the particular stretch of road, start enforcing the speed limit and issuing tickets.
Brilliant! Works every time...

Big Dave
16th February 2010, 20:51
Just been through - cop cars busy writing tickets at both ends.

The boy racers and Mr I'm-way-too-important-in-my-BMW M3-to-slow-down-for-anything are still charging through at 110 too.

Guided_monkey
16th February 2010, 21:48
I've seen the camera van at the end of the main works (south bound) there a couple of times. The only problem is that he was still there at 0730 so all the...... oh my god it's a speed camera van cage drivers hit their brakes even though we were doing about 60 - 65 kph.

Result: Completely shit traffic over the Grafton bridge and for most of the road works area. Traffic backed up NW and Southern city.

Fair enough they want to enforce the speed limit but I'm NOT happy with them completely stuffing up the traffic flow. This area is bad enough with out the vans causing issues as well.

Haven't been there for the last week...... any repeat and I feel a phone call to the Harbour Bridge Traffic centre.:oi-grr:

jim.cox
17th February 2010, 09:05
How to Really Piss People Off: extract from Road Tansport Primer
1. Post a 70 kph sign on a stretch of road that used to be 100, then was reduced to 80, because there's a remote possibility that some idiot might be distracted by a big blue thing and drive over the side of the viaduct.
2. Put up a Speed Camera sign but don't actually put a Speed Camera in. Ignore the fact that most vehicles are travelling (safely) at 80-90 kph.
3. When the public has been lulled into a false sense of security, and regardless of any statistics showing the lack of serious accidents on the particular stretch of road, start enforcing the speed limit and issuing tickets.
Brilliant! Works every time...

you could add...

start with encouraging speed by designing and building the road to a design speed of no less than 20% higher than the current legal limit

Swoop
17th February 2010, 12:09
Result: Completely shit traffic over the Grafton bridge and for most of the road works area. Traffic backed up NW and Southern city.
I suspected that the cock-up that we call "rush hour" had become worse because of the flyover. Camera vans as well huh?:ar15:

red mermaid
17th February 2010, 17:10
I'm not fimiliar with the area but from reading the post below mention is made of "main works" and therein is the answer to why the enforcement of the area.

The road workers are sick of nearly getting killed by ignorant idots racing through the area they are working on. Just ask any road worker what he thinks of the actions of drivers in the area of their work.

I've seen the camera van at the end of the main works (south bound) there a couple of times. The only problem is that he was still there at 0730 so all the...... oh my god it's a speed camera van cage drivers hit their brakes even though we were doing about 60 - 65 kph.

Fair enough they want to enforce the speed limit but I'm NOT happy with them completely stuffing up the traffic flow. This area is bad enough with out the vans causing issues as well.

Haven't been there for the last week...... any repeat and I feel a phone call to the Harbour Bridge Traffic centre.:oi-grr:

Winter
17th February 2010, 17:39
I'm not fimiliar with the area but from reading the post below mention is made of "main works" and therein is the answer to why the enforcement of the area.

The road workers are sick of nearly getting killed by ignorant idots racing through the area they are working on. Just ask any road worker what he thinks of the actions of drivers in the area of their work.

You must be very unfimilar (sic) with the area - they a building a new bridge. and as such, are on a completely separate structure separated by a 2m gap with a 30m drop. and concrete walls. No mater how hard you tried, you would not be able to hit a road worker on the 'main works' area there.

enigma51
18th February 2010, 16:01
Dermits only apply if pulled over personally by an officer IIRC? Since they apply to the licence rather than the person. Hence why speed camera fines go to the registered owner not the driver necessarily.

Im only going on what i was told. But im happy for someone to try it out and let me know