PDA

View Full Version : Challenge for photoshoped ideas on a gsxr1000 k7.

v8s&2wheels
18th February 2010, 10:40
Have my special edition gsxr1000k7 and while i like nearly everything about it, theres one thing i couldn't come to terms with liking as much as the rest of the bike.... the weird looking headlight.

Im a fan of traditional twin likes like that of kawasakis range and ducatis 1098 and hondas cbr's.

What im after is some sort of vinyling that can sort of detract away from the oval headlight shape, but while enhancing the look of my bike, i do quite like what they have done with the newer gsxr1000's with the sort of wing / flares off the oval light shape..

Anyway heres a crude sample of something i thought might help with my problem.. i just used paint obviously.

Im putting this out hoping that a couple of people with skills or any artistic ideas could help me to get my bike looking that bit better in my eyes.

Im open to almost anything so long as it will help the look of my bike (any sort of design on the front with which ever colours would tie in with the special edition theme).

My only thing is that im hoping just to use simple vinyls so that if the time comes i can take them off and keep the bike as original.

Attached is my crude sample, and a couple of front shots of my bike to work with.

Cheers guys

v8s&2wheels
18th February 2010, 10:44
Heres a slightly larger/better photo of my edited one.

sosman
18th February 2010, 12:30
just having a dabble!

enth
18th February 2010, 12:38
I have a vinyl cutter/plotter to cut such shapes out nice and cleanly. All I need is a vectored file to cut from and vinyl and I can ship at your expense. Would like to see how this turns out.

v8s&2wheels
18th February 2010, 13:08
just having a dabble!

Is that just maybe a tint on the top part of the headlight and then that sort of pinstriping just to break it all up?

Should probably mention it has a ventura headlight protector on it. Dont know if that helps with ideas or not.

v8s&2wheels
18th February 2010, 13:09
I have a vinyl cutter/plotter to cut such shapes out nice and cleanly. All I need is a vectored file to cut from and vinyl and I can ship at your expense. Would like to see how this turns out.

Cheers mate will keep you in mind if this gets to a good stage.

sosman
18th February 2010, 16:31
another..............