PDA

View Full Version : Teknic Lightning Jacket

v.ros`
10th May 2005, 20:46
Hey guys...

sorry mite delete this thread once i get an answer....

Im thinking of getting this jacket :

teknic Lightning Jacket - leather

Can someone please tell me if its waterproof...? as we all know how amazing NZ weather is (sarcastic)

Here is the picture....

LED
10th May 2005, 20:51
Hey guys...

Can someone please tell me if its waterproof...? as we all know how amazing NZ weather is (sarcastic)

Here is the picture....

Leather waterproof??!! Swear by it but lets just say it gets a little damp and heavy!! Search the threads this topic has been thrashed. I must say though you are gonna look real sweet with those colours..they match your bike. Coincidental?? V nice. :msn-wink:

FEINT
10th May 2005, 21:12
Nice jacket, but not waterproof.

In saying that, I wore leathers on Bugjuices SH22 ride and it poured down, my leathers weren't too wet and it didn't really soak through. Strange....

Big Dave
10th May 2005, 21:17
Hey guys...

Here is the picture....

I checked the catalogue for the specs - nada mention of waterproof.

I do know that a $30-80 plastic overjacket on that baby will keep you dryer than a lot of goretex jackets on their own too.

zeRax
10th May 2005, 21:49
yea, id rather have a leather jacket to save me from the road combined with a waterproof jacket in the wet than something that tried to combine the two

just get another jacket for over the top in the wet in my opinion :o

v.ros`
10th May 2005, 22:41
wicked guys...

thanx alot for your info....

Ill think bout it.... as i can get that jacket for around 155USD on my doorstep.

reckon its a good price?

Regarding the waterproof jacket on top of this leathers, dont u think its a bit of a hassle carrying that waterproof thingy with ya since we cant predict the "amazing" NZ weather..?

Regards

LED
10th May 2005, 22:44
You pick your days that you take it with you, or put it under seat, small backpack..........hell you'll get caught out but thats all part of the character building game....... :D

LED
10th May 2005, 22:47
wicked guys...

thanx alot for your info....

Ill think bout it.... as i can get that jacket for around 155USD on my doorstep.

reckon its a good price?

Regarding the waterproof jacket on top of this leathers, dont u think its a bit of a hassle carrying that waterproof thingy with ya since we cant predict the "amazing" NZ weather..?

Regards

Just caution getting it through mail it does pay to try these things on.....

zeRax
11th May 2005, 01:51
i'd just look at the weather more if i was you, and if theres a spot of rain, owell :P its not gonna be a storm then again, you live in smelly old auckland where you go through ''four seasons in one day''...

Lou Girardin
11th May 2005, 08:28
Yeah yeah yeah, leather protects me when I fall off, blah blah blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Try not falling off.

vifferman
11th May 2005, 08:39

reckon its a good price?
Yeah, sounds good, provided (a) the seams are properly stitched (double stitched, with seam overlaid, so abrasion doesn't make the jacket open up at the seams), and (b) it has armour or armour can be fitted.

It doesn't matter what we think; it's whether you think it's too much of a hassle. I managed alright doing this for YEARS (as have others), but now I find having a "four seasons" jacket more convenient. I still have to carry my waterproof overpants though, if it looks like rain, as my trou are leather and leak badly around the stretch panels and seams if it rains (as opposed to drizzle, showers, etc.)
"Waterproof thingies" are fairly compact; my trou fold up to a parcel much smaller than a lunchbox, as they're just nylon with a waterproof PVC coating. I'd imagine the matching jacket is equallly compact.