PDA

View Full Version : Quick licence

250learna
10th May 2005, 23:29
Hey, ive herd some very interesting info from a mate of mine earlier today. He did sound like he was stoned :whistle: but i figured i best check just the same.

He told me that it is possible for me to get a full licence within a year.
Said it involved some course worth $250 :ride:
and that i would have to do it twice. :ride: :ride:
Now this might sound steep but i figured its only a litle more than a ticket for breach of conditions.

So far i've been told
6mnths Learners
Then 18months Restricted (-6months for defencive riding)
...can i say i done my defencive driving course and get away with that?

Is there realy a quicker way to the full licence?
What does it take?
Thanks Kbikers :niceone:

Sparky Bills
10th May 2005, 23:32
Get in touch with "RoadSafe: here in Welly, Ask about the "CBTA" course.
They will tell you everything you need to know.
It is pricey, but worth it when your riding a brand new Ducati :devil2:

campbellluke
10th May 2005, 23:32
In the south island there is a place in Timaru. Where you can reduce your Restricted test to 4 months instead of 6. Then your full in 9 months instead of 18.

That makes 13 months though :wait:

250learna
10th May 2005, 23:55
wow thats helpful, i never knew there was anything like this until today... i think its a good idea... if they asses you and find you are ready to move on, then they let you move on :niceone: if not :nono: then you have to practice more!
Makes more sence, too bad bout the costs :doh:

inlinefour
21st May 2005, 00:30
Some turkey was selling then to who ever was willing to pay, Did not even have to answer a question... :mad:

placidfemme
21st May 2005, 12:48
Is there anywhere on the North Shore where you can take a defensive riding course to reduce the time?

SlashWylde
21st May 2005, 12:49
Yeah the course is the MCTBA (Motorcycle Training Based Assesment) which is a pilot program the LTNZ is running through a few of the training schools.

I did my Restricted and Full Licence through this course. Each of the two stages cost $285. Each course is a whole day. You learn how to ride safely and the instructors will pick up on any bad habits you display.

You have to be over 25 years old and have to have held a full car licence for over two years before they will let you take part. It means if you are competent you can get a full licence within six months depending on how quickly the courses fill up.

Go for it I say but also do the BRONZ course if you can get to one from where you are. Get out on the road and practice basic handling skills, quick-stops figure eights etc. Hours spent in the saddle will certainly help gain a confident pass.

All the best.

crazylittleshit
21st May 2005, 13:19
At your age there's no easy quick way thats the idea.