PDA

View Full Version : Sheepskin seat covers? Who sells em?

21st February 2010, 17:40
Hello to All,
I would love to find a sheepskin seat cover for my Scorpio- the Yamaha dealer quoted me $200!!!
That is crazy money for a bit of sheepskin with some sort of underseat attachment. The only website I can find that retails them is in ALASKA!! Someboy, surely must make them here in NZ...for under 2 hundy.......

breakaway
21st February 2010, 18:02
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Long-Wool-Sheepskin-Motorcycle-Seat-Cover-Dual-Seat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35a6cba006QQitemZ2 30431629318QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Cheaper, but not in NZ

FJRider
21st February 2010, 18:05
Hello to All,
I would love to find a sheepskin seat cover for my Scorpio- the Yamaha dealer quoted me $200!!!
That is crazy money for a bit of sheepskin with some sort of underseat attachment. The only website I can find that retails them is in ALASKA!! Someboy, surely must make them here in NZ...for under 2 hundy.......

"Find" an off-cut from somewhere ... and make your own ...

Blackbird
21st February 2010, 18:09
These people made a beautifully fitted sheepskin seat when I had one on the Blackbird a few years back:

Sheepskins n Stuff, 07-883 6898, St Highway 1 Main Rd Lichfield, Putaruru.

blossomsowner
21st February 2010, 18:11
I took an old sheepskin off one of my kids beds. ignoring the wailing and crying (come on she was 14) I took off my bike seat and carefully stretched the sheepskin over the seat and folded it underneath.

then get the staplegun and staple into position.

easy as.

stayed on for 4 months until it was finally repossessed with no damage to it or my seat.

doubled my riding comfort time easily.

breakaway
21st February 2010, 18:12
Also, http://yellow.co.nz/search.ds;jsessionid=4DD4741BA7EA245D4F7D5584BD1BC 1A3?newSearch=true&what=Sheepskin&where=&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=Search

Bounce001
22nd February 2010, 13:06
The Woolshed in Taupo does custom ones. Call in there and they will measure up your seat for you. Alternatively, send you seat to them!

slofox
22nd February 2010, 13:18
I got one off'f Tard Me...HERE (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Other/auction-272706838.htm)... Worth checking out...

retro asian
22nd February 2010, 14:39
$50 at the warehouse buys you a decent shape/sized piece. Edges can be probably be tucked in under your regular seat.

2wheeldrifter
22nd February 2010, 16:18
Retro Asian no offence dude, but you don't have any skins laying around you could send him..:innocent:.

maybe not.... whats in a name sorry lol

AllanB
22nd February 2010, 16:55
As above make your own. If it needs to be shaped you can cut it and hand stitch it together. Use a heavy duty thread and a big arse needle held by a pair of pliers to do the sewing as it is fairly tough going through the skin. I have done this in the past with success. Sew some elastic straps under it to hold it on the seat.

As a side note I'd also consider phoning a local Rabbi and asking him to save up the foreskins he cuts off. Sew these together to make your seat cover - whenever the seat is getting uncomfortable just give it a brisk rub and it will swell up like a air-bed.

I'll be here all evening offering advice.

2wheeldrifter
22nd February 2010, 16:59
As above make your own. If it needs to be shaped you can cut it and hand stitch it together. Use a heavy duty thread and a big arse needle held by a pair of pliers to do the sewing as it is fairly tough going through the skin. I have done this in the past with success. Sew some elastic straps under it to hold it on the seat.

As a side note I'd also consider phoning a local Rabbi and asking him to save up the foreskins he cuts off. Sew these together to make your seat cover - whenever the seat is getting uncomfortable just give it a brisk rub and it will swell up like a air-bed.

I'll be here all evening offering advice.

Hey those skins would be waterproof too?

Oakie
22nd February 2010, 17:59
Made my own. Cut out an old one to shape then Mrs Oakie sewed a couple of bits of elastic on to hold it to the seat.

retro asian
23rd February 2010, 10:33
Retro Asian no offence dude, but you don't have any skins laying around you could send him..:innocent:.

maybe not.... whats in a name sorry lol

Does a Labrador fit a Scorpio seat?

2wheeldrifter
23rd February 2010, 11:30
Does a Labrador fit a Scorpio seat?

I would say it would.... long or short hair an option? 888 we maybe on a winner here :)

vifferman
23rd February 2010, 11:54
I've got a very nice one in black, complete with clip-on elastic straps to secure it under your seat.
It cost me $85, and has been used twice, so still looks like new.
Make me an offer.