PDA

View Full Version : Brand spanking new bike and no idea! (Chicky)

Chicky
21st February 2010, 20:43
Ok maybe not that bad!

I had never been on a road bike before I went to Wellington and had a ride on the back of a friends bike and got totally hooked! I came straight home sat my learners and brought a brand spanking new bike!

Just sat my restricted and now need some biker buddies, cuz i dont know anyone with a bike up here! I live in Auckland, Mt Eden and it would be great to find some other chicks to go riding with!

Toaster
21st February 2010, 21:33
Good luck. Qkchk is a very good mentor up there too.

CookMySock
22nd February 2010, 08:33
Strongly suggest you don't hook up with rider buddies and group rides until you have the basics down - the internet is littered with their remains.

Get a paid mentor by the scruff of the neck, and demand to know "how do I steer and brake properly on this thing at speed" before you head off and cement all your bad habits in permanently.

The quicker the licensing system in NZ is changed to prevent this happening, the better.

Have fun on bikes, but be careful - all is not what it seems. Nice bike, btw. :niceone:

Steve

Chicky
22nd February 2010, 17:24
Hey thanks Steve and have had a few one on one lessons and will definitely be having more it would just be nice to have someone to ride with in the weekends.

The Everlasting
22nd February 2010, 17:40
Hey Chicky,there's always some rides going if your keen.

Just check the events forum.

FJRider
22nd February 2010, 17:47
Another Ninja biker chick .... cooooool ...

Plenty of biker chicks about up there ... check out all the biker angel threads ... and PM a few near you ... or leave a message on their page.

Tink
22nd February 2010, 17:51
Ok maybe not that bad!

I had never been on a road bike before I went to Wellington and had a ride on the back of a friends bike and got totally hooked! I came straight home sat my learners and brought a brand spanking new bike!

Just sat my restricted and now need some biker buddies, cuz i dont know anyone with a bike up here! I live in Auckland, Mt Eden and it would be great to find some other chicks to go riding with!

Heh welcome to the wicked world of bikes... I live in Karaka, so just a quick flick south, I learnt on the franklin roads, and have built up my confindence with my partner, a few small group rides, and some longer ones. There are plenty of great riders around, but I would avoid group rides until your at one with your bike & comfy with your abilities, never push yourself, even though you want too... :) good luck!

Pratz
22nd February 2010, 17:58
Ok maybe not that bad!

nice choice in bike...is that ur 1st bike? woah... :D.

Genie
22nd February 2010, 18:00
Well done there Chicky,
I'm sure you'll be out there by the weekend with some new friends.
Must say I'm impressed with your first toy, nice aren't they?
All the best and have heaps of fun.