PDA

View Full Version : ZXR Parts Question

placidfemme
11th May 2005, 15:42
Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get those tubes, that run from the front faring into the top of the tank on the ZXR's. Mine are grey and I'd like black ones. Does anyone know where I can buy them and about how much they would cost?

Thanks in advance

Jonty
11th May 2005, 18:50
Best place for those would be the wreckers I would imagine. I don't think just fairings would extend to the 80's air intakes :no:

placidfemme
11th May 2005, 19:00
my bikes a 92 model... Sweet as though.

know any wreckers that do bikes?

Suney
11th May 2005, 19:43
I've got brand new left one but it's silver

RPM91
11th May 2005, 21:46
Why dont you just spray paint them black ?

placidfemme
12th May 2005, 08:03
I guess I could spray paint them black, but I don't want to mess it up, and then if I looks retarded I'll need new ones to replace them anyway... But if I do decide to spray paint them any reccomendations on which type of spray paint to use or just any one?

Suney, where did you get your new silver ones? Do they look like mine (see pic below), mine are kinda greyish and not really silver...

Quasievil
12th May 2005, 08:17
Nic them of your moms vacumm cleaner mate and do a KK on it:msn-wink:

wildcat_lgf
12th May 2005, 08:27
I guess I could spray paint them black, but I don't want to mess it up, and then if I looks retarded I'll need new ones to replace them anyway... But if I do decide to spray paint them any reccomendations on which type of spray paint to use or just any one?

I had my silver ones painted black, you could ask any car/bike painter what to use. Because it is flexible plastic and will flex quite a bit you will need to put an elasticiser into the paint so the paint won't crack etc. It may only cost you $20-30 for a car painter to do them, which will probably be cheaper than a wreckers...as most bike wreckers seem to want to charge an arm and a leg for everything (rant rave :angry: :angry2:)

I would recommend you get someone to do them, if you paint them with a spray can (enamel or whatever you choose) it will be quite thick and may not look quite right.

Plus they are apparantly quite hard to come by...

placidfemme
12th May 2005, 09:53
A car/bike painter... I'll have a look around and see if I can find anyone that will do it... If I do, I'll let you all know so if any of you want it done then you know where...

:P

BNZ
12th May 2005, 20:26
Go to your hardware store and get some down pipe :D

wildcat_lgf
12th May 2005, 22:15
Is that what gareth_d is selling under the Online Trading section?