PDA

View Full Version : Last ride o' the Duchess

McJim
23rd February 2010, 20:52
Well I'm about to take the Ducati out for a wee spin this evening by way of goodbye. Tomorrow she gets collected by her new owner and she will have some fun up in Queenstown dodging camper vans. I'll be taking a sabbatical from motorcycling and continue towards my goal of becoming a competitive road cyclist again.

Thanks to Spankme and Mental Trousers for creating and maintaining this fantastic website and networking tool. It really helped me find out all about bikes without having to learn everything the hard and painful way. And thanks too to all the KBers I have had contact with online and in Meatspace. You all know who you are - you're far too numerous to name!

I'll still be hovering around and lurking though so it's not a "I'm fucking off" thread (coz I don't want mty arse infracted!

See y'all on the roads...I'll just be pedalling that's all!

Jeaves
23rd February 2010, 22:24
Tell the truth Jamie.....you couldnt resist the call of the lycra...:shake:

Best of luck mate, hopefully down the line we'll see ya back on 2 (motorised) wheels.

JMemonic
23rd February 2010, 22:45
Take care Jamie, might get a chance to have a latte in November when we are down your way for the Burt

gijoe1313
23rd February 2010, 22:53
Och ay'th'noo big yin! You're a biker through and through, even on a pushie you will probably be riding it harder than most! Been some good times riding with you, and looking forward to riding with you again in the future to be! Trossachs remember laddie!

Just remember, I'm mad enough to drop in one day for a wee visit!

And for those who know the duchess and want one last look for posterity ... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=269541407