PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Wellington women's group rides

Ratti
25th February 2010, 21:21
Was mentioned by a noob and a few notnoobs that there is a dearth of women only rides. here is the thread to have a discussion on that topic. It may or may not be a go. Is up to us. Register your interest and lets see how it goes.

blokes, quit whining and stay home to look after the sprogs.

Ms Piggy
26th February 2010, 05:32
Ooooo - I'd be into this! Sounds fun!

Trudes
26th February 2010, 05:48
I'll be in as long as the date suits.
Pick a date and venue to ride to (suggestion, in the past we picked close by cafe, like The Wild Oats or Toppys over the hill so that L platers didn't feel intimidated at have to ride 300kms for a chat and coffee) post it up and start a calendar event for folks to enter their interest. Oh and you'll get guys wanting to come with the excuse of "my wife rides pillion and she wants to come" so you may need to decide where you stand on things like that ;) Men I tells ya, they can't survive a couple of hours without knowing what we're up to :bleh: :laugh:

Quasi
26th February 2010, 06:06
Was mentioned by a noob and a few notnoobs that there is a dearth of women only rides. here is the thread to have a discussion on that topic. It may or may not be a go. Is up to us. Register your interest and lets see how it goes.

Awesome idea Ratti and I will be in for it. Have always ridden with guys but just recently found me some Rapa chickie riders. Much nicer way to get out and ride. Hee we are last Sunday

Girls just wanna have fuun........

Trudes
26th February 2010, 07:25
Nice bikes ladies!!! :D

fireliv
26th February 2010, 07:33
Hey Gals hope you can work something out! Us Christchurch chicks have been doing girl only rides for the last year or so and its been lots of fun! About to go on one very soon. Hoping to pick it up this year with a few weekend trips to Hamner, Franz Josef or Kaikoura.

U could look at doing a trip to Waiarapa to look at Art or just hang in the usual cafe or something. Anyways good luck!!

Ratti
26th February 2010, 09:19
I'm fairly new to Welly area. am open to ideas about where to go. I know The Brown Sugar Cafe on the way north up the coast is owned by biker friendly folk, and the wife rides her own bike ( HD I think?) Its not too far away for the smaller bikes and its an easy ride for the noobs. Maybe look at coming back over the Paekak hill rd if anyone is interested. I don't know her perosnally but know someone who does. COuld arrange it with them to expect a group of women on XXX day. We also need to choose a day of the week. Personally I find weekends close to impossible, maybe a Friday evening.

Keep it coming ladies.

CookMySock
26th February 2010, 10:22
Do it. The girls up this way regularly get away for a weekend, and they always have an epic time.

Occasionally, hubbys who behave will get invited to ride on the last leg of the trip.

Steve

Laxi
26th February 2010, 10:45
it's sexist I tells ya! :chase:

Ratti
26th February 2010, 11:00
and?
wear a skirt and maybe no-one will notice...

Hawkeye
4th March 2010, 16:38
:brick:
and?

OMG Laxi in a skirt.... mental image.... mental image :sick::brick:

Gone Burger
4th March 2010, 16:49
Keen keen keen as I mentioned on another thread Ratti. I will put my thinking cap on for a location suggestion. I keep seeing the Christchurch thread and how much fun they are all having and reckon it will be great, along with the rides many us already attend (mixed).

Martinborough might be a good place to head (agreed, learner riders might not be so threatened by that distance), and it would be great to get a mix of all levels. Good ride, lunch, good company. What more could you want? Oh yeah, nice weather! ;)

Gareth51
4th March 2010, 22:36
. Good ride, lunch, good company. What more could you want? Oh yeah,! ;)

Male Strippers ??

Gone Burger
4th March 2010, 22:39
Male Strippers ??

Am I that transparent? Goodness, I need to work on my tack! Was that your way of voluntering Gareth? ;)

Ratti
5th March 2010, 07:44
gaRETH! gaRETH! gaRETH! yeeha, get it off man!

Laxi
7th March 2010, 19:49
:brick:

OMG Laxi in a skirt.... mental image.... mental image :sick::brick:

turned ya on didn't it kenny :blip: :bleh:

Fatjim
7th March 2010, 19:59

What do you mean a dearth of Womens rides. There's a dearth of Mens rides as well, and you don't see us trying to organise one. If you want to be accepted, don't go all seperatist on us.

Ratti
7th March 2010, 20:50
Its more that women do things differently to men. We talk about different stuff, want to do different things and have different motivations for doing the things we do. And its just plain fun to hang out with women who get bikes.

I have no problem if you want to organise a ride just for men. I wont be offended and i wont bleat about not being accepted.

allycatz
7th March 2010, 20:53
I really am going to have to get my shit together and get me licence so I can join in

WuZards-Eugene
8th March 2010, 13:12
and?

Right, so whens the ride, me and Laxi need to know when to get our skirts by :Punk:

Ratti
8th March 2010, 13:42
lol. there really hasn't been any answers to that.It may well be just you two and me!

I can only make it in the evenings. You and Laxi can pick a night and I'll meet you at the duck pond.

and any women who canmake it that night of course.

Where shall we go? Im thinking a cafe so we can do girl talk.

WuZards-Eugene
8th March 2010, 13:59
lol. there really hasn't been any answers to that.It may well be just you two and me!

I can only make it in the evenings. You and Laxi can pick a night and I'll meet you at the duck pond.

and any women who canmake it that night of course.

Where shall we go? Im thinking a cafe so we can do girl talk.

Sweet. Can always go do Paekakariki Hill then Back down Akatarawa Rd to Staglands Cafe.

Fatjim
8th March 2010, 14:26
And its just plain fun to hang out with women who get bikes.

Actually, I like the sound of that, can I come along, or am I not a man because I have cojones.

Gone Burger
8th March 2010, 17:05
Sweet. Can always go do Paekakariki Hill then Back down Akatarawa Rd to Staglands Cafe.

Kinda like the sound of this ride. But either best to do a day run, or make sure you beat dusk falling. Plus, Staglands cafe closes at 4pm. Perhaps a nice sunday morning ride sometime?

Laxi
8th March 2010, 17:09
Staglands cafe closes at 4pm.

bugger used to be 5, and that roads best at night IMHO

DJSin
8th March 2010, 19:49
I am keen, I'm a bit of a nana but am hoping that some rides a bit further a field in fine company would help to cure that :)

Ratti
8th March 2010, 21:08
Hey DJ Im a nana rider too, you n me bags the TEc position.

Sunday mornings would have to be a really early start for me. I have to be home before 9am that day. Im an early bird so not a problem for me. We could grab breaky somewhere. Leave at 6-6.30, ride for an hour, eat and then ride your own ride home when you are ready. COuld we get to Otaki in an hourish? I think so.

Ratti
8th March 2010, 21:11
Actually, I like the sound of that, can I come along, or am I not a man because I have cojones.

Same as Laxi and Eugene, as long as you are wearing a skirt, you're welcome along. You will have to join in the girl talk tho, or sit at your own table!

WuZards-Eugene
9th March 2010, 08:58
Hey DJ Im a nana rider too, you n me bags the TEc position.

Sunday mornings would have to be a really early start for me. I have to be home before 9am that day. Im an early bird so not a problem for me. We could grab breaky somewhere. Leave at 6-6.30, ride for an hour, eat and then ride your own ride home when you are ready. COuld we get to Otaki in an hourish? I think so.

Saturday morning would be a good idea, say at around 9am, over the paekak then off to staglands for pancakes and coffee. Means that after the ride I can go do Paihiatua Track afterwards. Laxi, you keen??

Ratti
9th March 2010, 10:20
Tell you the truth sweets, that particular route is out of my comfort zone right now. Im hoping for something more nana-ish. Hence my thought up to Otaki for breakfast. Nothing stopping you guys from going that way home tho. dragon_fly is keen to meet us at Otaki for breakfast and then go for a ride with you guys while I zip back home along the highway.

so

day? saturday or sunday morning

start time? leave avalon duck pond at 6, pick up other riders along the way

destination? cafe in Otaki for breakfast

ride home anyway you want to go at what ever time you want to go.

can all interested riders let me know by pm what options you can fit in with and we will make a date on the calendar so anyone else who qualifies can join us

allycatz
9th March 2010, 11:16
Hey Ratti...if you guys do Otaki, I'll drive up and meet ya's all for brekky

Ratti
9th March 2010, 11:41
sounds great!

WuZards-Eugene
9th March 2010, 11:58
Tell you the truth sweets, that particular route is out of my comfort zone right now. Im hoping for something more nana-ish. Hence my thought up to Otaki for breakfast. Nothing stopping you guys from going that way home tho. dragon_fly is keen to meet us at Otaki for breakfast and then go for a ride with you guys while I zip back home along the highway.

so

day? saturday or sunday morning

start time? leave avalon duck pond at 6, pick up other riders along the way

destination? cafe in Otaki for breakfast

ride home anyway you want to go at what ever time you want to go.

can all interested riders let me know by pm what options you can fit in with and we will make a date on the calendar so anyone else who qualifies can join us

We could all go to the Manakau Hotel for breakfast. Nice place, between Levin and Otaki.

Can you return home a little later on Saturday? If so then I can arrange for breakfast there at say 8am, so leave Welly at about 6:30 over the Paekak Hill to Manakau. Pancakes and Bacon for breakfast, some coffee and girlie talk.

Then, for those who want to head home, stroll off with Ratti, or those that would like to go do the Paihiatua Track, Mangamarie, Mauriceville and Rimutaka's can head off with me and Laxi (if he has a weekend pass).

I can cater for a slow to medium pace, depending on who would like to come, and the level of riding everyone is at.

Laxi
9th March 2010, 12:08
Laxi (if he has a weekend pass).

:spanking:

WuZards-Eugene
9th March 2010, 12:20
:spanking:

Yes thats right Laxi, Naghty naghty. I didn't realise how much you had drunk on Friday until you started hitting the beers lol.

Laxi
9th March 2010, 12:24
Yes thats right Laxi, Naghty naghty. I didn't realise how much you had drunk on Friday until you started hitting the beers lol.

I WAS DRINKING BEER TOO???? :slap: :rofl:

WuZards-Eugene
9th March 2010, 12:27
I WAS DRINKING BEER TOO???? :slap: :rofl:

Mate, you were ripped

Her_C4
9th March 2010, 12:31
Depending on the ride (and route) as well as the date, I may well be interested as the Hoooooooonnnnnnda is getting a little impatient with me. My days of getting up at some ungodly hour of the morning on a weekend and 'racing' over the Rimutaka's to beat the cars (and similar rides) is looooong gone, but I have no aversion to riding on my own and meeting up somewhere though ;-)

Pretty fullup weekends at the moment with events / photography etc but will keep an eye on this thread anyway.

Laxi
9th March 2010, 12:33
Mate, you were ripped

if I dont remember it, it never happened :bleh:

(sorry about the hijack Ratti)

WuZards-Eugene
9th March 2010, 13:23
Alrite, we shall have a ride this Saturday, however I have been duly informed that I am a Male, and so should not be organising this, so the ride is still on, just at a different thread, see here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/120120-Saturday-Morning-Breakfast-Ride?p=1129678167#post1129678167

Ratti
9th March 2010, 15:21
I cant do this saturday. bugger. But count me in for another day. saturdays are usually ok, but I still have to be home mid morning.

could do sunday tho. Any women care to join me on a sunday breakfast ride to Otaki? pm me if you want to go too or meet me up there. Ally? Mel?

We could try it again as a fortnightly pootle perhaps?

dont mind the hijaking Laxi...you're right, if you cant remember it then it never happend. Casting aspersions on your character like that, I don't know. Naughty Eugene, very naughty.

Ratti
9th March 2010, 15:32
Depending on the ride (and route) as well as the date, I may well be interested as the Hoooooooonnnnnnda is getting a little impatient with me. My days of getting up at some ungodly hour of the morning on a weekend and 'racing' over the Rimutaka's to beat the cars (and similar rides) is looooong gone, but I have no aversion to riding on my own and meeting up somewhere though ;-)

Pretty fullup weekends at the moment with events / photography etc but will keep an eye on this thread anyway.

the good thing about the suggested route is that it not a race track. There is plenty of room and its an easy road.

chanceyy
9th March 2010, 20:32
would have been great to join this .. but two very slight issues .. bike not ready til end of the month and this sat I am doing tri in wellywood so this weekend is out

have fun though guys

Ratti
10th March 2010, 08:18
After having quiet but firm words with dear Eugene last evening we got a few things sorted., I note he's off to organise a ride for saturday morning. good on ya sweety. Hope it goes well for you.

Which brings us nicely to the original thread...
Women,ladies and men in skirts welcome to a breakfast ride from Avalon Duck pond to Otaki on SUnday morning. Over Haywards, Greys Rd and up the coast.
Leave at 6am. Happy to pick up along the way, please let me know where you will be at what time and what you are riding.
Dragon_fly, can you pick us a cafe in Otaki to go to? or shall we meet at the south end of town and decide what looks good as we go?

An indication of who is intending to ride would be helpful. NO reason why riders from north could not meet us in Otaki.

allycatz
10th March 2010, 11:49
Oh cool its a Sunday now....I will meet you guys there, wherever 'there' happens to be

Ratti
13th March 2010, 16:02
Bummptey bump

Toaster
13th March 2010, 16:05
Bummptey bump

Hey you can make a day of it and turn up to the afternoon ride too!

Ratti
13th March 2010, 17:18
I wish. Toaster, Im a widow with young kids. I can only do so much. I am sneaking out to do the morning ride, but have other things I have to do in the pm. Hope it goes well tho. Looks like a wonderful day to be outnabout. Not like Friday afternoon...yikes... CLint had the right idea, stop for a smoke rather than ride in it.