PDA

View Full Version : Toll charge for Northern gateway tunnel extension

Redstar
25th February 2010, 21:52
Anyone know what he outcome or the submissions on the free charge for bikes toll charge outcome is? its all gone very silent my view is they will deal to ACC first then wait a bit then hit us with a charge? realise this is of little interest to the Invercargill mototcycle club all three of you:yes:

yachtie10
26th February 2010, 07:51
my understanding is that there will be no charge for now

The Everlasting
26th February 2010, 07:59
There is no charge,been through there a number of times.

Let's hope it stays that way.

R6_kid
26th February 2010, 08:46
The road is boring anyway. Been through there twice, even the novelty of going through the tunnel wore off pretty fast.

Squiggles
26th February 2010, 08:46
As far as i know they havent yet made the decision after Novembers consultation (http://www.nzta.govt.nz/consultation/motorcyclist-consultation/index.html).

Mully
26th February 2010, 08:49
Let the cars and trucks have the straight road.

Bikes can keep the long, twisty way.

MarkH
24th April 2010, 15:03
As far as i know they havent yet made the decision after Novembers consultation (http://www.nzta.govt.nz/consultation/motorcyclist-consultation/index.html).

They have now!

I got a letter today, thanking me for my submission, but it looks like they couldn't give a fuck about my opinion (hmmph, the cheek).

The letter says:
blah blah . . . since motorcyclists benefit . . . blah blah . . . charging motorcyclists a toll is a matter of fairness . . . blah blah . . .

And the crux of the matter is:
"The NZ Transport Agency Board also agreed that motorcyclists should therefore be charged the same toll as cars, which is currently $2 each way. We plan to introduce the motorbike toll in mid-2010"

So there you go guys & girls - another reason to enjoy the twisty route instead!

Morcs
24th April 2010, 16:03
the tunnel is not even a decent length, so fuck em i aint gna pay if im on the bike.

p.dath
24th April 2010, 16:05
The tunnel is the most boring stretch of road. Don't think of it as a charge to use the road, but as a charge for being a lazy rider who likes boring roads. :lol: