PDA

View Full Version : I saw a motorbike billboard today!

PrincessBandit
27th February 2010, 22:42
Riding from Port Waikato to Mercer along Highway 22 between Hunt Rd and Mile bush rd I saw a billboard with a motorbike on it and a slogan saying "plan your corners". I didn't get to read what else it said, Balu didn't even notice it. It made me wonder what on earth it was doing in such a randomly obscure piece of road, but hey, there was a big sign just for motorcyclists!

Since there is proof that at least one is erected, (I should go back and take a photo), I wonder where all the others are.

YellowDog
27th February 2010, 22:55
Yep - Photos or it was just your imagination.

But if it was your imagination, send it in as an idea because I think it is a good one.

Berries
28th February 2010, 07:02
There are several in Otago. "Fate doesn't decide when to overtake, you do" and another one about speed. I am just wondering how basic these messages are going to become -

"Keep both hands on the handlebars"

"When it rains the road gets wet"

They must all come from the big Confucius book of irrelevant and pointless sayings.

Oh yes, there is one about visibility as well showing some dude with a hi-viz vest next to a street triple at a set of lights.

Okey Dokey
28th February 2010, 07:48
Yep, i've seen all of the above here in Otago. I assumed it was nationwide. They are pretty stupidly obvious.

Fatjim
28th February 2010, 08:12
What about the one that says "Don't get distracted".

Deano
28th February 2010, 08:15
What about the one that says "Don't get distracted".

Funny how Transit or LTNZ don't like the white crosses on the side of the road on that basis, yet seem happy to collect revenue from ( or are at least silent about) large bill boards advertising such thngs as.......mmmmmm, alcohol.

Taz
28th February 2010, 08:19
It's om that "obscure" piece of road as the road has lots of corners and noobs can't seem to get around them. Would be a waste of time putting it on the southern motorway. There are more of these signs out there, just get off the main roads and you'll find them.

PrincessBandit
28th February 2010, 08:51
It's om that "obscure" piece of road as the road has lots of corners and noobs can't seem to get around them. Would be a waste of time putting it on the southern motorway. There are more of these signs out there, just get off the main roads and you'll find them.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me. I've travelled on quite a few "non main roads" and it's the first I've seen. My bad.

sleemanj
28th February 2010, 10:41
Road to Akaroa: "Enjoy the ride, not the race".

Fatjim
28th February 2010, 11:20
why would you not want to enjoy the race?

Love my Bonnie
28th February 2010, 13:57
that sign went missing a few weeks ago
I noticed it had been replaced

Thaeos
28th February 2010, 15:32
I've seen a couple of the 'plan your corners' ones, can't remember where exactly though. North ... somewhere...

bikemike
28th February 2010, 21:43

Yeah, that's the one just before you get to Akaroa right?
What about the one before you get to Lake Forsyth, on that long sweeping right hander. I saw it was a bike one today (usually something there about speed, crosses and stuff) but I daren't look at it too hard and did not read it. Anyone read that one?

Too right, don't get distracted!

blackdog
28th February 2010, 21:59

i particularly enjoyed sbk today

now they wanna take the fun outta that for me too??

Ratti
1st March 2010, 09:53
Who the heck has time or inclination to read billboards anyway? Even in the MummyVan I ignore the stupid things. I loathe the ones on the way into town from Hutt..'orrible nasty things. Only plus is that the land is privatly owned and the guys gets an income from having them there.

avgas
1st March 2010, 10:21
How about one that just says.
"You fuck up, You crash, You die"
or
"Katman is going to laugh at you soon bitch"
or
"Lifes a Journey, plan your exit"

.produKt
1st March 2010, 10:25
Pics, or it didn't happen and you smoke crack ^_^

ukusa
1st March 2010, 12:03
Who the heck has time or inclination to read billboards anyway? Even in the MummyVan I ignore the stupid things. I loathe the ones on the way into town from Hutt..'orrible nasty things. Only plus is that the land is privatly owned and the guys gets an income from having them there.

Imagine filling in the ACC form. 'How did the accident occur?' .... I was reading a road sign while riding and missed the corner..........

Katman
1st March 2010, 12:29
How about one that just says.

"Katman is going to laugh at you soon bitch"

Katman doesn't laugh.

sleemanj
1st March 2010, 12:39
Yeah, that's the one just before you get to Akaroa right?
What about the one before you get to Lake Forsyth, on that long sweeping right hander. I saw it was a bike one today (usually something there about speed, crosses and stuff) but I daren't look at it too hard and did not read it. Anyone read that one?

Too right, don't get distracted!

The one before Lake Forsyth is the one I'm thinking of that says Enjoy the Ride, not the Race. Haven't been to Akaroa in a while, don't remember one there.

Taz
1st March 2010, 12:50
There's a corner one on the road out to awhitu.

Toaster
1st March 2010, 13:12
.... I saw a billboard with a motorbike on it and a slogan saying "plan your corners". ... I wonder where all the others are.

There is one just like it on Kahikatea Flat Road just like it.

avgas
1st March 2010, 16:04
Katman doesn't laugh.
He mildly giggles?

oldrider
1st March 2010, 16:15
Yep - Photos or it was just your imagination.

But if it was your imagination, send it in as an idea because I think it is a good one.

I think her imagination would probably be quite interesting! :lol: