PDA

View Full Version : Sketchy wins first 600 race at Manfeild

k14
28th February 2010, 11:04
News just in, sketchy racer (Glen Skachill) took his Museum Hotel Suzuki GSXR600 to victory in the first 600 race at Manfeild and set a new lap record. Backing up his pole position in qualifying. Well done that man :Punk:

Glen Skachill Takes Lap Record on the way to Race 1 600SP Victory

Wellington racer Glen Skachill claimed his first championship race victory in the 600SP class during race 1 for the class at Manfeild. With a comfortable 2.737 gap to series leader James Smith with Midge Smart third. On the way Skachill set a new lap record for the class @1.08.001.

1) Gken Skachill Suzuki
2) James Smith Suzuki
3) Midge Smart Yamaha
4) John Ross Yamaha
5) Nick Cole Kawasaki
6) Sam Love Yamaha
7) Karl Morgan Suzuki
8) Dennis Charlett Suzuki
9) Jamie Galway Honda
10) Dominic Jones Suzuki
11) Jeremy Holmes Honda
12) Jamie Rajek Honda
13) Bryce Meads Kawasaki
14) Travis Merkel Honda
15) Marcus Beagley Kawasaki

Quasi
28th February 2010, 11:08
awesome news. he was looking good yesterday with new lap times. Well done Glen

sosman
28th February 2010, 11:08
yeah boi go sketchy!

Hawkeye
28th February 2010, 11:10
Well done Glen. Was hoping to make it up there to watch but daughters birthday party came first.

howdamnhard
28th February 2010, 11:10
Well done Sketchy !

saxet
28th February 2010, 15:04
Yeah Gooooo Sketchy.
Good Bucekt racer too!

k14
28th February 2010, 15:26
Looks like the officials wanted to get their names heard :angry:

Revised 600SP race1 results
A 20 second Glen Skachill , James Smith and John Ross relegated, back in the feild. The result is till subject to appeal at the time of writing.

New Race Results.
1) Midge Smart Yamaha
2) Nick Cole Kawasaki
3) Sam Love Yamaha
4) Karl Morgan Suzuki
5) Dennis Charlett Suzuki
6) Jamie Galway Honda
7) Dominic Jones Suzuki
8) John Ross Yamaha
9) Glen Skachill Suzuki
10) James Smith Suzuki
11) Jeremy Holmes Honda
12) Jamie Rajek Honda
13) Travis Merkel Honda
14) Marcus Beagley Kawasaki
15) Mark Bennett Yamaha

But he won the final race of the weekend :scooter: although not sure which rule says it can run only 3 laps out of 15 and be called a race.

600SP Second Race Called after 3 laps
The second 600SP race was cut short due to a crash at the hairpin. Due to the delay the race was called after three laps.

Race 2 results (top 5)

1) Glen Skachill
2) Midge Smart
3) James Smith
4) Nick Cole
5) Karl Morgan

roadracingoldfart
28th February 2010, 16:10
But he won the final race of the weekend :scooter: although not sure which rule says it can run only 3 laps out of 15 and be called a race.

Ummm thats called a cancelled race isnt it ???
2/3rds have to be completed to be called.
Looks like MNZ rules are still misty.

k14
28th February 2010, 16:38
Ummm thats called a cancelled race isnt it ???
2/3rds have to be completed to be called.
Looks like MNZ rules are still misty.
Yeah not sure, but they only awarded half points. They must have had time constraints, but you'd think at least they could have restarted the race for 8-10 laps. Then they could have awarded full points. Now the championship is only 9.5 races.

I think I counted 7 jump starts between 600 and F3, that's some eagle eyed officials!

blackdog
28th February 2010, 16:38
Looks like the officials wanted to get their names heard :angry:

slime!.....wots the guts?

k14
28th February 2010, 16:44
Well 7 jump starts and a passing under a yellow penalty in one day of racing. Since I started racing (about 6 years) I can remember 4 jump starts in total, you make your own mind up...

blackdog
28th February 2010, 16:50
sounds like the monkeys got bribed with peanuts

Bren_chch
28th February 2010, 17:21
yeah surely thats got to be a cancelled race, no points awarded...

slowpoke
28th February 2010, 18:31

WTF? Good onya mate, we really need folks standing on the sidelines with no fuggin' idea what's going on abusing our volounteers. Thanks for that, I'm sure you'll be putting up your hand to fill one of the vacant spots they won't be filling at the next event?

So what would you have done? Ignored the jump starts?

They officials are in a no win situation with whatever they decide. and should be supported with what is a thankless prick of a job. To have people with no idea of what was said at the riders briefing, or the sutuation at the time does nobody any favours.

UpSiZeD sKeTcHy
28th February 2010, 19:20
some proof would be nice.... tell me how you can watch the lights and the front row at the same time???? now what did i hear about peanuts and monkeys..............

blackdog
28th February 2010, 19:43
WTF? Good onya mate, we really need folks standing on the sidelines with no fuggin' idea what's going on abusing our volounteers. Thanks for that, I'm sure you'll be putting up your hand to fill one of the vacant spots they won't be filling at the next event?

So what would you have done? Ignored the jump starts?

They officials are in a no win situation with whatever they decide. and should be supported with what is a thankless prick of a job. To have people with no idea of what was said at the riders briefing, or the sutuation at the time does nobody any favours.

unfortunately you must have misunderstood my post

i was merely commenting on the situation, not describing any individual or group

that was my next post, which was a totally biased opinion venting frustration in a light hearted manner, based entirely on the observations of those who were able to attend and inform me. these conclusions were arrived at using soley the information that was at hand, and as is usual can change as more details become available

this reliance on a third party was only due to unfortunately being unable to be there in person

i can only assume from your post that you also had frustration to vent, for reasons i won't even begin to try and imagine

i also understand that you are wholly entitled to your opinion, which (without all the relevant information) you didn't realise was exactly what you have accused me of.....

.....because in fact i do have some fuggin' idea what is involved, have volunteered in the past, had volunteered again this weekend, and was only prevented from being there due to injury.

i can assure you that i will again be volunteering when i am required in future

blackdog
28th February 2010, 19:43
pass the peanuts

CHOPPA
28th February 2010, 19:44
A bad crash from Jamie Galway leaving him with apparently broken neck back femur hip and head injurys is what cancelled the second race, thought are with him! The first race start should possibly have been a restart, everyone saw the jump start, not saying who i saw jump first but they put everyone else off and they may have accidently jumped but didnt make any time. Hard situation but there was def a jump start

rachprice
28th February 2010, 19:44
The race was called because of the injured rider still on the track 30 minutes after the race had been red flagged
It looked like the officials were taping the starts???

Ivan
28th February 2010, 19:52
thoughts are with jaimee at the momment and lets hope its not as serious as they say and that its a mistake what some one has said

spacemonkey
28th February 2010, 19:54
A bad crash from Jamie Galway leaving him with apparently broken neck back femur hip and head injurys is what cancelled the second race, thought are with him! The first race start should possibly have been a restart, everyone saw the jump start, not saying who i saw jump first but they put everyone else off and they may have accidently jumped but didnt make any time. Hard situation but there was def a jump start

Shitballs :(
Bad list of injuries, I hope he's not that bad and heals ok.

blackdog
28th February 2010, 19:58
thoughts are with jaimee at the momment and lets hope its not as serious as they say and that its a mistake what some one has said

x1000

anyone with some first hand info?

roadracingoldfart
28th February 2010, 20:04
Actually rule 6-13 covers it and half points can be awarded. or no points.

I retract my first post till i get more facts.

Heal well Jamie , your one fast rider and i dont forget the duels we had a few years ago on the old british beasty.

Paul.

Pussy
28th February 2010, 20:05
Wishing Jamie all the best......

WarrenW
28th February 2010, 20:06
Avalon and myself will wait until tomorrow night and go check up on him in the hospotal then give you an update. No chance that he would be coherent tonight given all the pain re;ief. Medic did state he was a status 3 at the time. Will keep ya posted when we know more.
Cheers
Warren.

roadracingoldfart
28th February 2010, 20:13
6-13 `Stopping and Restarting a Race`
Road Race Events
Should it be necessary to stop a race due to an accident or if climatic or other conditions
make it hazardous to continue, a red flag will be displayed by the steward, or his deputy,
at the finish line. A minimum of 3 (three) more red flags are to be displayed
simultaneously around the circuit, one of which shall be the last flag point before the
finish line. In addition, all flag points not displaying red flags are to wave yellow flags.
Upon sighting the red flag riders are to cease racing immediately and, after passing the
finish line red flag complete 1 (one) further lap at touring pace before returning to the pit
lane, or the safest point on the track at the discretion of the steward (this point to be
announced at riders briefing), grid where they will stop and await further instructions.
The decision to stop a race for whatever the reason can only come from the Steward or in
his/her absence the Clerk of the Course. For climatic reasons the race can only be stopped
once. The conditions under which the race will be restarted are as follows: the number of
laps referred to in A and B is the number of laps effected before the lap in which the race
is stopped.
A. If two laps or less are completed:
a. The original start shall be declared null and void.
All riders taking part in the original start shall be allowed to restart either on the
original machine or on another machine provided it has been approved as fit to
race by the machine examiners. The restarted race shall be for the full race
distance and the original grid positions will be used. The place of any motorcycle
unable to take part in the restart shall be left vacant.
b. If it is not possible to restart the race, no points will be awarded towards the
championships.
c. In all cases where a restart takes place, this will be 30 minutes at the latest after
the initial race has been stopped.
B. If three or more laps but less than two thirds of the race distance have taken place.
a. The race shall be considered to be more than one part. The race positions at the
end of the lap preceding the stopping of the race. In all cases where a restart takes
place, this will be 30 minutes at the latest after the previous part has stopped.
b. The distance of the restarted race will be that required make up the initial full race
distance.
c. The grid for the restart will be in the order of the machines at the end of the
preceding part.
d. Only those riders who have accomplished at least 65% of the laps realised by the
first rider of the preceding part will be authorised to restart. Machines may be
repaired or replaced.
e. Half points will be awarded to each part. If it is impossible to restart the race, half
points only will be awarded towards the championship.
C. If two thirds of the race distance is completed:
a. This shall be declared a full race. The finishing order shall be at the end of the lap
preceding the stopping of the race.
b. Full championship points will be awarded.
ALL OTHER EVENTS
Once a race has been started it may not be stopped unless the Steward of the meeting
considers it dangerous to continue. The Steward of the meeting shall stop the race by
exhibiting the red flag. The Steward of the meeting shall be the only official authorised to
display on his/her own responsibility a red flag during the course of the race. The Steward
may, however, delegate the authority to use the Red and Black Flags to a competent
official. On a circuit where there is radio communication at the various signaling points,
the Red Flag may be used where such a point is in full radio or telephone communication
with the Steward of the meeting or his/her appointed delegate.
Should a re-run take place, only those competitors who started in the original start will be
allowed to compete. Any rider that has retired from or is excluded from a race which is
ordered to be re-run shall be ineligible to take part in the re-run.
Should race conditions deteriorate through a cause other than an accident and it is unsafe
for the race to continue for the full number of laps or time and it is unlikely that a re-run
would be practicable, the finish flag will be shown to all competitors.
If the race leader at the time of stopping has completed more than fifty per cent (50%) of
the total number of laps or time, the race shall be declared finished
and the places as at the last completed lap prior to the stopping of the race will be declared
as the final result.

Ivan
28th February 2010, 20:16
so he is definatly at palmy? and not flown to Christchurch like people were saying in the pits, I always wait till more official word comes out rather than the pit lane chinese whisper

Marknz
28th February 2010, 20:26
So many guys appeared to jump the start in Race 1 that it could well have been re-started. But Like Choppa says, it started with 1 and then a whole lot of others followed. What are you supposed to do as an official in those circumstances?

Heard so many different stories about Jamie over the remainder of the afternoon... I didn't see the incident, was it a highside? I just hope the kid is doing okay and heals well. And best wishes to his family in their time of need.

Hopeful Bastard
28th February 2010, 20:28
last i heard from fox was that he was at palmy. It was said he only had a broken Femur..

best of luck to him for a quick recovery!

R6_kid
28th February 2010, 20:37
Bloody awesome. Leaps and bounds that boy!

quickbuck
28th February 2010, 21:01
Okay,
For a change, I was there... Out in the middle of the Track for both days.... (as opposed to fixing bikes).

Didn't see Sketchy's jumped start, but needless to say it is VERY easy to watch the lights and the bikes at the same time.
Obviously not from the stands, BUT where the OFFICALS are watching it is...
Remember a decision has to be made what to do about it in under a MINUTE! Sometimes we can use 20/20 hindsight to work out there was a better decision to be made.. But there you go.

Bare in mind they are not dreaming it up on an internet forum at the time... They are THERE!

As for Jamies incident, I didn't see it as it happened, but I picked up heaps of parts off the track... Toe Sliders, VISOR, a foot peg, and a spacer from somewhere as the bike started to wreck itself.
Judging by where the bike was, and the rider in relation to it, I suspect High Side.... Yes, injuries are indicative of it too.

Now, on that, we know he has a broken Fema for sure... And that was complicated..... The Ambos had to control the pain, and swelling!
EVERYTHING ELSE is PURE Speculation, and will not help anybody by bantering it around.

Wait for WarrenW to come back from seeing him, and reporting IF appropriate, before we turn this all into a Rumor Mill.... Please!

Thoughts are with Jamie, and I wish him a full recovery. Take your time man.

OH, and a Big Ups to the team who spent the time to work on him at the track.
Yes, it took ages, but sometimes you HAVE TO ensure patient comfort. Shock is Lethal.

blackdog
28th February 2010, 21:05
last i heard from fox was that he was at palmy. Over the radios, It was said he only had a broken Femur..

best of luck to him for a quick recovery!

collective sighs of relief here

hopefully up and at'em in no time :soon:

blackdog
28th February 2010, 21:10
Okay,
For a change, I was there... Out in the middle of the Track for both days.... (as opposed to fixing bikes).

Didn't see Sketchy's jumped start, but needless to say it is VERY easy to watch the lights and the bikes at the same time.
Obviously not from the stands, BUT where the OFFICALS are watching it is...
Remember a decision has to be made what to do about it in under a MINUTE! Sometimes we can use 20/20 hindsight to work out there was a better decision to be made.. But there you go.

Bare in mind they are not dreaming it up on an internet forum at the time... They are THERE!

As for Jamies incident, I didn't see it as it happened, but I picked up heaps of parts off the track... Toe Sliders, VISOR, a foot peg, and a spacer from somewhere as the bike started to wreck itself.
Judging by where the bike was, and the rider in relation to it, I suspect High Side.... Yes, injuries are indicative of it too.

Now, on that, we know he has a broken Fema for sure... And that was complicated..... The Ambos had to control the pain, and swelling!
EVERYTHING ESLE is PURE Speculation, and will not help anybody by bantering it around.

Wait for WarrenW to come back from seeing him, and reporting IF appropriate, before we turn this all into a Rumor Mill.... Please!

Yes, it took ages, but sometimes you HAVE TO ensure patient comfort. Shock is Lethal.

the most sense we've heard all day

cheers qb

chanceyy
28th February 2010, 21:16
EVERYTHING ESLE is PURE Speculation, and will not help anybody by bantering it around.

and interjecting with a moderator warning here, leave the rumors alone and wait for the official word direct from the family (if they wish to state this)

Heal fast Jamie :yes:

and agree with Quickbuck .. I was also there and the racing really is not as important as someones health and wellbeing. It took the time it took ..

Overall there were not many bikes to pick up all weekend .. and weather was brilliant, so was the close racing, :clap:

quickbuck
28th February 2010, 21:23
the most sense we've heard all day

cheers qb

I try my best mate...
Up since 6:30, and mind still... Well, I think I'm so bu&&ered I can't sleep!

Glad you are impressed.

quickbuck
28th February 2010, 21:26
.. I was also there and the racing really is not as important as someones health and wellbeing.

Yup, Ask Sam Love how he feels after his little loss of temper, and my attitude adjustment of him :yes:

Well, to be fair, he was a little stressed waiting for his bike to be picked up second... and he didn't realise what was going on with Jamie at the time.
Happy I pushed his bike back most of the way to the pits for him though.

chanceyy
28th February 2010, 21:32
Yup, Ask Sam Love how he feels after his little loss of temper, and my attitude adjustment of him :yes:

Well, to be fair, he was a little stressed waiting for his bike to be picked up second... and he didn't realise what was going on with Jamie at the time.
Happy I pushed his bike back most of the way to the pits for him though.

:lol: Legend .. yeah was not our intention to leave him out there, just the priority list aye .. n thanks again for rescuing my stuff :whistle: To be fair dunno if it was the hot weather but a few needed attitude adjustments aye :) ..

quickbuck
28th February 2010, 21:41
:lol: Legend .. yeah was not our intention to leave him out there, just the priority list aye .. n thanks again for rescuing my stuff :whistle: To be fair dunno if it was the hot weather but a few needed attitude adjustments aye :) ..
No worries for rescuing your stuff.... My job to be vigilant at all times...

Yup, a few attitude adjustments required. Heat and Dehydration (also Hunger) can do that to even a mild mannered human.

chanceyy
28th February 2010, 21:50
No worries for rescuing your stuff.... My job to be vigilant at all times...

Yup, a few attitude adjustments required. Heat and Dehydration (also Hunger) can do that to even a mild mannered human.

:laugh: lucky for me :yes:

hmm true that .. but there are some racers who manage to be calm even in high stress situations aye .. mind you can see it in their racing style too .. (getting back to racing) .. love watching those guys who can just sit & wait, plan their move then execute it with style .. that is awesome to watch , and there were a few who gave superb examples of that over the weekend

Toast
1st March 2010, 01:20
I think I counted 7 jump starts between 600 and F3, that's some eagle eyed officials!

From where I was on the grid I counted about 8 in a single race, shit you not!! Not that it worried me too much, but there does need to be transparently administered punishment for it or the race starts will turn in to a joke.

Thoughts with Jamie Galway tonight, for sure.

suzuki21
1st March 2010, 05:49
The jumped start was on video - cant really argue with that.

sinfull
1st March 2010, 06:37
The jumped start was on video - cant really argue with that. $500 says ya can ?
No matter the outcome, it was a bit of a mixed bag yesterday ! Was good to see Glen hand it to the lot of them on his home track (well done mate) and stretching it out to boot, but a bit upsetting to see Jamie laying there for such a long time, every man jack out there knows broken bones are part of what they do, but the time they worked on him out there and seeing a third ambo head out got me gut wrenching a bit !
Shame some classes missed their last race, but a well run meeting by the vic club by the looks !

Heres hoping Jamie has a quick recovery

bistard
1st March 2010, 06:54
No,the way the rules work,is there was a bad high side at the hairpin & rules state the race must be restarted within a 30 minute
time period,which did not happen,so the race was called & half points awarded

k14
1st March 2010, 07:40
From where I was on the grid I counted about 8 in a single race, shit you not!! Not that it worried me too much, but there does need to be transparently administered punishment for it or the race starts will turn in to a joke.

Thoughts with Jamie Galway tonight, for sure.
Yeah well if that is the case then why only punish the guys that came 1st and 2nd? That could cost James the championship! Something just doesn't sound right.

And hopefully Jamie heals up well soon. Sounds like a nasty crash!

MSTRS
1st March 2010, 07:57
Was gutted to hear of the penalty 'awarded' to Glen. Over the radio, we were told it was for passing under a yellow flag. At point 5. Who never used one all day. Neither did we, at point 7.
Did that bullshit get resolved?

As for Jamie Galway...i watched his highside from 20 feet away. It was nasty, threw him high, before he landed heavily and then the bike came in and gave him another shunt on the ground. Once we'd got the call to 'red' and the bikes were out of the way, YT & I attended him until the ambos could get there, and then we stayed to assist with keeping him calm and as comfortable as possible, which left the ambos free to do their job/s. His femur was definitely broken, query pelvis. No other injuries that could be determined. The break was very high on the thigh, which made stabilising and immobilising difficult and time consuming. He was in a lot of pain, even with relief given, but otherwise in good spirits and having a laugh with us all.
It was a great relief to see him safely placed in the ambulance - those guys really know their stuff - and we wish Jamie a speedy recovery.
He vowed he'd be back asap. His helmet and flash boots did their job bloody well, but won't be back for an encore...the magician that is Celtic Leathers may be able to resurrect his leathers?

bert_is_evil
1st March 2010, 08:59
Thanks for clearing that up MSTRS, I read the earlier post about neck and back injuries and was feeling a bit sick - a broken femur and pelvis is no laughing matter but far better than neck and back! I saw the bike come down and give him a good bash after he landed, looked nasty.

Toast
1st March 2010, 09:18
Yeah well if that is the case then why only punish the guys that came 1st and 2nd? That could cost James the championship! Something just doesn't sound right.

Yeah it didn’t sound right and that is why there were so many complaints from riders throughout the field.

I’m not really there for a placing, personally, but did go along with a fellow racer to talk to the steward because such a farce is not good for the sport.

After speaking to the Steward, if I understood him correctly, the argument ended at the fact that on the day there were two methods for catching jump starts, which together are neither accurate or all encompassing.

One of these is the use of a camera, the other is by using the timing system and looking at the time gap between the first rider and rider x tripping the start of the first lap.

Both systems, at least at this meeting, were argued to me to have the following failings:

Camera: Apparently only points at the first two rows

Timing system: While it will be able to throw up any blinding jump starts, e.g. the guy in 4th crossing the line 0.01 of a second after pole, or before pole. It naturally becomes less accurate for further back in the field though, since a guy stating on the 5th row for example could reasonably be expected to cross the start line before someone in the 4th or even 3rd row.

Obviously not an overall desirable system. I don’t want to get in to arguments about what it should be, but the above is the reason, as stated to me and as I understand it, why there were not more penalised for jump starts on the day.

Ivan
1st March 2010, 09:41
I have also heard Jaimee is ok now and was sitting up so just for anyone panicing out there he sounds like he is doing fine wish him well with a speedy recovery

k14
1st March 2010, 09:44
Yeah it didn’t sound right and that is why there were so many complaints from riders throughout the field.

I’m not really there for a placing, personally, but did go along with a fellow racer to talk to the steward because such a farce is not good for the sport.

After speaking to the Steward, if I understood him correctly, the argument ended at the fact that on the day there were two methods for catching jump starts, which together are neither accurate or all encompassing.

One of these is the use of a camera, the other is by using the timing system and looking at the time gap between the first rider and rider x tripping the start of the first lap.

Both systems, at least at this meeting, were argued to me to have the following failings:

Camera: Apparently only points at the first two rows

Timing system: While it will be able to throw up any blinding jump starts, e.g. the guy in 4th crossing the line 0.01 of a second after pole, or before pole. It naturally becomes less accurate for further back in the field though, since a guy stating on the 5th row for example could reasonably be expected to cross the start line before someone in the 4th or even 3rd row.

Obviously not an overall desirable system. I don’t want to get in to arguments about what it should be, but the above is the reason, as stated to me and as I understand it, why there were not more penalised for jump starts on the day.
Yes it is a shame when officials take more attention than the riders themselves. Sketchy set the lap record and won his first national race, in his first year competing at 600's. Now he has had that taken away from him through fairly controversial and unfair application of the rules. There is scope for the officials to have a bit of leeway. They don't have to be as pedantic as it seems as though they have been. When people put tens of thousands into the sport to win and get it stripped away you can't help but feel frustrated. Certainly not in the best interests of the sport regardless of the fact whether they jumped the start or not.

MSTRS
1st March 2010, 10:11
......... Certainly not in the best interests of the sport regardless of the fact whether they jumped the start or not.

Unless every rider who apparently jumped was given the same penalty, then someone has/had an agenda in place. It leaves a nasty taste in one's mouth, if someone (official or rider) involved gained from the decision.

Biggles08
1st March 2010, 10:15
Personally I think it was disgusting that there was NO way they could check the jump starts further back than the second row for the reasons Toast said. Like him, from my viewpoint a good half dozen went while the last light was still lit... blatantly jumping the start by 1/4 to 1/2 second...Couldn't see up to the front row to see if and who it was but there were a few in line 3 and 4 that took off too early and NOTHING can be done about it...I was a bit pissed about it but what's done is done. Apparently even the guy on the loud speaker commented on it.

I guess those that were pinged for it...including sketchy can appeal the decision and that is all part of the rules of MNZ.

Good to hear about Jamie G sitting up...was a bit concerned about his back.

MSTRS
1st March 2010, 10:16
I have also heard Jaimee is ok now and was sitting up so just for anyone panicing out there he sounds like he is doing fine wish him well with a speedy recovery

Excellent news! Thanks for the update.

chanceyy
1st March 2010, 11:36

plus 1 .. thank gawd, almost in direct constrast to what was mentioned last nite

Rcktfsh
1st March 2010, 12:06
Controversy over jumped starts aside no one can take away glen's new lap record 1.08.001 you don't get much closer to a 1.07 than that! Was also well under Gareth's old record of 1.08.38 ish.

Skunk
1st March 2010, 15:29
Photos of the start of 600's Race 1... ...and the win.

MSTRS
1st March 2010, 15:44
So who jumped? The only people on the grid who are NOT moving are the two in Hi-vis...

k14
1st March 2010, 16:01
Oh now you put that up its obvious, he must have got at least a 3 second advantage there...

Ivan
1st March 2010, 16:13

well thats only what I was told earlier i think it meant he was awake and talking not sitting up just spoke to his cousin and he said his lower back was broken but I dont think they know yet 100% if it is or not he was going to let me know more once Jaimee's dad had rung him

but the main thing is he is alive so lets just hope now he recovers well and that the back doesnt cause any issues

Bren_chch
1st March 2010, 16:33
did any riders make a complaint about those involved the jump start?

k14
1st March 2010, 16:38
did any riders make a complaint about those involved the jump start?
From what I heard the stewards had a few riders in their ears after the first race. Then an hour after the race result had been published the steward decided to weild his big stick and put the penalty on sketchy and James Smith with the only evidence being a video that shows the bikes starting but not the lights. Very very dodgy, just a steward going on a power trip. I believe to appeal it now is going to cost each rider $500 which is non refundable regardless of the outcome.

Come on MNZ, do the right thing. Common sense needs to prevail!

Mudflaps
1st March 2010, 16:39

AWESOME!!! Nice one Glen!! I'm pretty excited he has done that...I can't even imagine how he felt!?!

Good to hear some better reports about Jamie. All the best to him!

Bren_chch
1st March 2010, 16:40
so i'm guessing the riders that complained about the start were on the 2nd row? lol

baaahahahaha ;)

Sketchy_Racer
1st March 2010, 16:51
Thanks for the support guys, it was a amazing weekend for us just unfortunately tarnished by some questionable judgement.

I think the photo that andrew has posted shows all in the fact that everyone has moved at the same time so unless the whole field bar 1 or two people who look a little slow off the start jumped, I am failing to see how only two people can be picked out. Take from it what you will everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As a side note and this is purely my opinion - James Smith did not jump the start. The view I got was that he just got an absolute blinder of a start, and as far as I know getting a great start isn't against the rules!

Cheers,

-Glen

Skunk
1st March 2010, 16:54
so i'm guessing the riders that complained about the start were on the 2nd row? lol

baaahahahaha ;)Mmmmagh. Mmmmmgh. Can't talk.

woodyracer
1st March 2010, 16:54
Great watching the 600's, you put on a good show for us glen.

k14
1st March 2010, 16:55
Mmmmagh. Mmmmmgh. Can't talk.
I heard he rides a kawasaki?

Biggles08
1st March 2010, 17:03
I'm not on the 2nd row :-).....I have no idea about the front guys jumping but there was certainly about 5-6 bikes back in the grid that jumped...heaps of people left there spot before the lights went out

Sketchy Snr
1st March 2010, 17:34
Thanks for the support guys, it was a amazing weekend for us just unfortunately tarnished by some questionable judgement.

I think the photo that andrew has posted shows all in the fact that everyone has moved at the same time so unless the whole field bar 1 or two people who look a little slow off the start jumped, I am failing to see how only two people can be picked out. Take from it what you will everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As a side note and this is purely my opinion - James Smith did not jump the start. The view I got was that he just got an absolute blinder of a start, and as far as I know getting a great start isn't against the rules!

Cheers,

-Glen

Well said son :niceone: Big ups to you for your maturity and being able to put that to the side and get a blinder start in race 2 and show you were going to pick up where you left off in race 1.
Proud Dad.

My 10 cents worth ( an over zellous commentator burbling about what did look like a messy start putting thoughts into peoples heads didn't help)

Kickaha
1st March 2010, 17:53
The only people on the grid who are NOT moving are the two in Hi-vis...

AJ isn't very fast moving at the best of times

CHOPPA
1st March 2010, 18:29
Unless you were there watching i dont think you should comment on the jump start situation....

I saw the yellow flag pass incident aswell and it comes down to interpretation of the rule...

Are you aloud to pass after the incident or after the next un-yellow flag point? One could argue how do you not know theres 2 incidents etc

CHOPPA
1st March 2010, 18:36
BTW Sketchy was the man dominating both those races, jump start or not he deserved those wins so id just take em haha

slowpoke
1st March 2010, 18:39
Haha, conspiracy theorists unite! You wanna have extra camera's installed? You wanna pay for 'em? Get real, the officials do the best job they can with the equipment and information at their disposal and should be supported with what ever decision they come to. They don't give a fuck about Kawasaki vs Suzuki, or Smith vs Cole vs Sketchy, they just call it like they see it.

Kendog
1st March 2010, 19:11
Wow, 'official' results aside what you achieved was awesome :rockon:
Not only that, but you have a fantastic attitude about the whole thing. Many others would be spitting the dummy.

1.07 next time thanks :Punk:

Sketchy Snr
1st March 2010, 20:16
Haha, conspiracy theorists unite! You wanna have extra camera's installed? You wanna pay for 'em? Get real, the officials do the best job they can with the equipment and information at their disposal and should be supported with what ever decision they come to. They don't give a fuck about Kawasaki vs Suzuki, or Smith vs Cole vs Sketchy, they just call it like they see it.

Extremely late call seems to be one of the main points of contention. If they knew there was a jump start, they had time to state before the race even finished don't you think ?? and before they watched another race start. That is why they are there to judge. I'm sure you are right about the fact they dont give a toss about brand or rider.

k14
1st March 2010, 20:22
Extremely late call seems to be one of the main points of contention. If they knew there was a jump start, they had time to state before the race even finished don't you think ?? and before they watched another race start. That is why they are there to judge. I'm sure you are right about the fact they dont give a toss about brand or rider.
Yeah totally agree, the whole event just reaks of a botch job. As I said before, 7 jump starts in one day. Pretty sure last 2 nationals season there has been 2 or maybe 3. I don't think all the riders all of a sudden got itchy clutch hands, it's an official going on a power trip and nothing else.

blossomsowner
1st March 2010, 20:40

Cheers,

-Glen

congrats on the racing..........
saw you practicing at hampton downs ride day a week or so back.............

looking forward to the racing there too. Judging from what my half-arsed lap timing was showign you will do real well.
good luck

Rcktfsh
1st March 2010, 20:56
Interwiew after qualifying.

http://nzsbk.blogspot.com/2010/02/glen-skachill-comments.html

Gareth51
1st March 2010, 21:17
No mater what the outcome Glen that was one awesome ride, keep that up and there will be no doubt where your heading.All the best for Hampton Downs

Robert Taylor
1st March 2010, 21:26

baaahahahaha ;)

Those that complained included some that were struggling with ultimate competitiveness on that weekend, certainly yes. Thats often how people have reacted since time immemorial.

Congratulations Glenn, you did Suzuki, Continental, Ohlins, CKT and Ozzy Racing proud, I hope your career goes from strength to strength. Whether you jumped the start or not no-one was going to beat you ON THE TRACK.

Best wishes Jamie for a speedy recovery

MSTRS
2nd March 2010, 07:44
Unless you were there watching i dont think you should comment on the jump start situation....

I saw the yellow flag pass incident aswell and it comes down to interpretation of the rule...

Are you aloud to pass after the incident or after the next un-yellow flag point? One could argue how do you not know theres 2 incidents etc

If (and it seems it could be either way) there was a jump start by any rider, it would be noted immediately by officials, either on the Start/Finish or upstairs. Out on the flag points, we hear the radio calls reporting such jumps before the bikes even reach Turn 1. Jump starts 'reported' later by gridded rider/s should be taken with a grain of salt. Surely the riders are all watching the lights, which being fairly high, means they won't really be able to see more than the grid in front of them?
So what point was the yellow incident on?
Apart from the red flag, any displayed flag covers until the next marshal point that is NOT displaying.

MSTRS
2nd March 2010, 07:51
AJ isn't very fast moving at the best of times

Except when there's one beer left and another contender for it....

CHOPPA
2nd March 2010, 07:52
If (and it seems it could be either way) there was a jump start by any rider, it would be noted immediately by officials, either on the Start/Finish or upstairs. Out on the flag points, we hear the radio calls reporting such jumps before the bikes even reach Turn 1. Jump starts 'reported' later by gridded rider/s should be taken with a grain of salt. Surely the riders are all watching the lights, which being fairly high, means they won't really be able to see more than the grid in front of them?
So what point was the yellow incident on?
Apart from the red flag, any displayed flag covers until the next marshal point that is NOT displaying.

I was talking about the yellow flag rule nothing to do with the jump start, someone passed under a yellow, it was after the incident but not after the next flag point, what is the ruling on that?

MSTRS
2nd March 2010, 07:57
I was talking about the yellow flag rule nothing to do with the jump start, someone passed under a yellow, it was after the incident but not after the next flag point, what is the ruling on that?

As I said, a displayed yellow covers the track ahead to the next marshal point. If that point does not have a yellow out, then the track is clear from there. I guess the rule book can clarify whether open racing continues after that point. I ask again, if you saw a yellow passing incident, what point was it on?

lukemillar
2nd March 2010, 08:07

I thought it was until you passed a green flag at the next marshall point indicating it's clear. However, reading the rules on MNZ, doesn't say anything like that!

k14
2nd March 2010, 08:08
As I said, a displayed yellow covers the track ahead to the next marshal point. If that point does not have a yellow out, then the track is clear from there. I guess the rule book can clarify whether open racing continues after that point. I ask again, if you saw a yellow passing incident, what point was it on?
Looking at the timing sheets John Ross was penalised 10 seconds for passing under a yellow and then it was reversed. Not sure on any details though.

Your point is interesting, if you can see the next point but haven't passed it are you ok to pass? Say there is a yellow flag at the hairpin cause a rider crashed coming out, but the point going into higgins has no flag. You can see that there is no flag being waved so can you pass someone down the straight?

I thought it was until you passed a green flag at the next marshall point indicating it's clear. However, reading the rules on MNZ, doesn't say anything like that!
No the only point that has a green flag is the start/finish line.

Skunk
2nd March 2010, 08:26
6-19 The following flags will be recognised as the standard colours to be used as signals to riders during a race:
Green: Start
Red: All riders stop racing.
Yellow: Held Stationary – SLOW DOWN – Proceed with caution. No overtaking until danger area is passed. Sidecar riders-this could also mean your passenger is in difficulties.
Yellow: Waved – SLOW DOWN NOW – Proceed with extreme caution. No overtaking until the danger area is passed, be prepared to stop.
White: Last lap.
Black: Individual rider to stop and retire from course. The rider’s number must be shown on a board at the same point as the black flag is displayed.
Black and White Check: Finish for all riders.
Red and Yellow Stripes: Oil on course.
Red and White Cross: Ambulance on course, proceed with caution.
Black with Orange Centre: Road Race Only: Machine to be removed from the circuit immediately. The rider’s number must be shown on a board at the same point as the flag is displayed.
Blue Waved Road Racing: Overtaking signal warning rider is about to be overtaken.
Blue Held Stationary Road Racing: Indicates that competitor is soon to be overtaken.

[I've removed the Flags that don't means anything to road racing such as the purple flag]

MSTRS
2nd March 2010, 08:30
Looking at the timing sheets John Ross was penalised 10 seconds for passing under a yellow and then it was reversed. Not sure on any details though.

Your point is interesting, if you can see the next point but haven't passed it are you ok to pass? Say there is a yellow flag at the hairpin cause a rider crashed coming out, but the point going into higgins has no flag. You can see that there is no flag being waved so can you pass someone down the straight?

No the only point that has a green flag is the start/finish line.

There was talk of Glen being penalised 30 seconds for passing under yellow. The flag point mentioned NEVER used yellow all day.
No - passing NOT allowed until past the next clear marshal point.
I wonder whether green has been considered at marshal points for that reason?

lukemillar
2nd March 2010, 08:33

Not really. You have to draw a line in the sand, so it is the same for all competitors. It's too arbitrary to say "depends how quickly you can see the next clear flag point".

MSTRS
2nd March 2010, 08:35
Yellow: Held Stationary – SLOW DOWN – Proceed with caution. No overtaking until danger area is passed. Sidecar riders-this could also mean your passenger is in difficulties.
Yellow: Waved – SLOW DOWN NOW – Proceed with extreme caution. No overtaking until the danger area is passed, be prepared to stop.
Surely the litmus test should be passing a clear marshal point? I know what the words say in the rules, but that suggests that riders decide when it's safe - not ideal.

Kickaha
2nd March 2010, 08:39
I wonder whether green has been considered at marshal points for that reason?

I've seen that done with car racing

MSTRS
2nd March 2010, 08:52
As common sense seems to be getting less common, and with rules generally getting tightened everywhere, I guess it's only a matter of time before marshal points will be issued a green flag, and marshals tested for colourblindness...

wharfy
2nd March 2010, 12:08
Yeah totally agree, the whole event just reaks of a botch job. As I said before, 7 jump starts in one day. Pretty sure last 2 nationals season there has been 2 or maybe 3. I don't think all the riders all of a sudden got itchy clutch hands, it's an official going on a power trip and nothing else.

I don't think that is the case at all, MY understanding ( this is in no way official ) is that the 600 start was reviewed after a competitor protested, after he become aware that that in another race someone was penalized for a jump start. I am not sure if this is going any further so speculation/accusation/masturbation may be counter productive.

bistard
2nd March 2010, 15:49
Robert,you forgot to mention "The Museum Hotel"
We are very proud as well
Barry

Those that complained included some that were struggling with ultimate competitiveness on that weekend, certainly yes. Thats often how people have reacted since time immemorial.

Congratulations Glenn, you did Suzuki, Continental, Ohlins, CKT and Ozzy Racing proud, I hope your career goes from strength to strength. Whether you jumped the start or not no-one was going to beat you ON THE TRACK.

pipson
2nd March 2010, 16:00
Well done Glen it was a great race & a fantastic win. I have a few photos of the race.

bistard
2nd March 2010, 16:02
Robert yor forgot to mention " The Museum Hotel" & Wellington Motorcycles
We are all very proud of Glen & the team also
Regards
Barry

pipson
2nd March 2010, 16:04
A few more photos. Check out http://picasaweb.google.com/pipsons5 for more photos.

k14
2nd March 2010, 16:05
Well done Glen it was a great race & a fantastic win. I have a few photos of the race.
Some great photos there!!

Having now seen the video evidence (Ian Dawson has posted it on his facebook page) I have no idea how someone can get hung on that evidence. You can't see the lights so there is no way on earth you can deduce they jumped. All you can state is that James and Glen have faster reaction times than the rest of the field. Still possible they jumped the start but no proof what so ever!

wayne
2nd March 2010, 16:18
did stewards advise riders before lap five of that race ?

k14
2nd March 2010, 16:49
did stewards advise riders before lap five of that race ?
No they didn't, they advised the riders roughly an hour after the race had finished. That in itself breaches the rule for a jump start. The steward however can ammend a result to penalise a rider with a penalty which they deem fit (or something along the lines of that).

UpSiZeD sKeTcHy
2nd March 2010, 17:22
No they didn't, they advised the riders roughly an hour after the race had finished. That in itself breaches the rule for a jump start. The steward however can ammend a result to penalise a rider with a penalty which they deem fit (or something along the lines of that).

so.... how the f#@k has this bull shit dragged on for this long??? robbing glen of a nationl round win and jimmy of the lead of the championship is just wrong.... i hope if any particular people are responsilbe for this they feel like shit now.... this is not a biased opinion either this crap shouldnt be pulled on any rider/team...

on another note.....is there any further news on jamie?

k14
2nd March 2010, 17:31
so.... how the f#@k has this bull shit dragged on for this long??? robbing glen of a nationl round win and jimmy of the lead of the championship is just wrong.... i hope if any particular people are responsilbe for this they feel like shit now.... this is not a biased opinion either this crap shouldnt be pulled on any rider/team...

on another note.....is there any further news on jamie?
Yeah exactly, totally mistifying. And now James and Glen have to fork out $500 each to appeal it and regardless of the outcome they don't get any of that money back!

Kickaha
2nd March 2010, 17:41
Yeah exactly, totally mistifying. And now James and Glen have to fork out $500 each to appeal it and regardless of the outcome they don't get any of that money back!

If the penalty was applied outside of the MNZ rules they shouldn't have to, I would be trying a letter to MNZ first asking why a penalty was enforced that breached their own rules

It wouldn't even have to be Sketchy or James that wrote it

k14
2nd March 2010, 18:06
If the penalty was applied outside of the MNZ rules they shouldn't have to, I would be trying a letter to MNZ first asking why a penalty was enforced that breached their own rules

It wouldn't even have to be Sketchy or James that wrote it
The way I understand it the steward still acted within the rules on imposing a penalty (don't have rule book handy so don't know what rule number) which was equivalent to that of a jump start. The correct procedure is notification via number board within the first 5 laps of a race (someone correct me if I am wrong), this was not done because I don't think anyone thought they jumped the start. Subsequently a competitor (or multiple competitors) complained to the steward and showed the video footage. The steward deemed this proof that they jumped the start and the penalties were imposed under the stewards discretion. Totally dodgy and just a cluster fuck really (for want of a better word).

blackdog
2nd March 2010, 18:10
just a cluster fuck really (for want of a better word).

sounds appropriate to me........

Robert Taylor
2nd March 2010, 19:13
Robert,you forgot to mention "The Museum Hotel"
We are very proud as well
Barry

Yes I should have known better having spoken to Chris Parkin that very day! Motorcycle racing is stronger for the support it gets from businesses such as MUSEUM HOTEL.

gixerracer
2nd March 2010, 19:23
they jumped the start by fuckn miles but so did half the feild so the only thing wrong is the rest of them didnt get pinged also

Sketchy Snr
2nd March 2010, 19:29
they jumped the start by fuckn miles but so did half the feild so the only thing wrong is the rest of them didnt get pinged also

If you look at Skunks 2 photos of the start how can you say they jumped by miles ?? when you can see all the bikes in comparison and how far in unison they are from there grids. Agreed picking on the 2 they have smells of something dont you think ??

Skunk
2nd March 2010, 19:59
they jumped the start by fuckn milesBut you can't see whether the lights are on or off so how can you tell they jumped? Even on Ian Dawson's video they move less than 0.1 of a second before anyone else on the front row as far as I can tell. Who's to say they're not slow off the start like a couple of oblivious ones further back in the video. Not to mention Sketchy bogs down then wheelies. Not the best way to get a good start.

Fun, Safe, Fair. *cough*

Robert Taylor
2nd March 2010, 20:29

The answer is then easy, ping the whole field 20 seconds.

SS90
3rd March 2010, 00:36
I simply don't recall so many jump starts, protests, championships being disputed in court etc.

I have seen 125 races put back, because of on coming rain, and "connected" 600 riders simply did not want to ride in the rain, resulting in a wet 125 race, and a dry 600 race.

Is that fair?

Even at Teratonga, there was several issues this year with completed laps during a race, and I accept that mistakes will be made (but if course, humans NEVER make mistakes eh!), but different results where applied to different classes (superbikes compared to 125's)....sorry, but if the race is scheduled to be a "race to the flag", then regardless of laps completed, the winner is the person in front when the checkered flag is waved.

However, if this mistake is made twice in one meeting (in different classes), then the same system must be applied in a mandatory fashion, not at "the will" of an official.

It does seem that the production based classes are seeing an inordinate amount of litigious actions......something like Kartsport has seen, and, to me, that is a very unattractive concept.

Silly decisions have been made by officials since the dawn of time.

If the person who imposed the penalty truly thinks that the two front runners ALONE jumped the start (and not most of the field), then YES, those two should be penalised.

However, if there is clear evidence that more riders jumped the start, then ALL the riders concerned should be penalised.

The thing that is unclear to me is....... what is the popular consensus..... did James Smith and Glenn Skarchill jump the start?, and secondly, if they did, where they alone in doing so?

The evidence that has been proffered is somewhat ambiguous, and it is impossible to make a ruling, let alone form an opinion.

I am biased in the 600 series as whom I would like to win, but, I am still of the opinion that the championship is far from decided, and going in to the final round, it will be an exciting race to watch for sure....perhaps it is better to concentrate on that, (the championship), rather than a single round, as shit as the ruling was.

Not to take Glenns race wins away from him,but there is a championship at stake here.

6.5 points separate the two front runners, and, there is a chance that at a new track like Hampton Downs, there will be several "wildcard" rides that could change the whole dynamic.

In such a scenario, the points advantage favours Cole, but let's not forget how motivated James Smith will be after such a questionable round 4 result.

What ever the result of round 5, who ever the championship winner is, he will only be satisfied if it was determined on the track, not the Lawyers desk

Shaun
3rd March 2010, 10:55

Agree mate, I was watching the start obviously, and there was about 5 bikes only that did not move as the others all jumped

The Clark 0f the course needs to have his lack off (CONTROL) taken from him, this has turned into a total joke

Even the time it took to put out a red flag for Jamie's crash was a total joke, and almost enough to make me walk away from the sport and stop helping people, this was dangerous and far far to slow

Billy
3rd March 2010, 11:22
It wasnt the clerk of the courses call.It was Warren New and Trevor Heaphy the MNZ stewards,The clerk of the course has NO power over them,Hence the reason I will never be clerk of the course ever again

MSTRS
3rd March 2010, 12:01
Even the time it took to put out a red flag for Jamie's crash was a total joke, and almost enough to make me walk away from the sport and stop helping people, this was dangerous and far far to slow
Actually, Point 4 had the WAVING MADLY yellow out immediately. They couldn't get to him without crossing the track, so radio op from point 7 attended. It takes a bit of time to get to the rider, then to determine if they are able to move and if not, to make the call to control that rider is not able to clear the track and an ambo is reqd.
Flaggies don't make the decision to red. That comes from race control. So they then tell all points to red. This is to avoid situations where an 'over-enthuastic' radio operator says the word 'red' over the airwaves before it becomes obvious that it's needed. It does seem to work quite well.
That said, if a rider went down on my point (or adjacent) and there were body parts scattered I WOULD STICK THAT RED OUT and bugger the rules...

gixerracer
3rd March 2010, 19:57
no smell at all I think you are reading way to much in to it. I watched the start with my own eyes and could see the lighs it was pretty obvious sorry
If you look at Skunks 2 photos of the start how can you say they jumped by miles ?? when you can see all the bikes in comparison and how far in unison they are from there grids. Agreed picking on the 2 they have smells of something dont you think ??

woodyracer
3rd March 2010, 20:13
no smell at all I think you are reading way to much in to it. I watched the start with my own eyes and could see the lighs it was pretty obvious sorry

yeh, you could look into it for forever....the officals made the decison,they arnt obviously targeting the 2 riders, they could be but we'll never know...., you jsut have to support their decision....

Mishy
3rd March 2010, 22:17

Perhaps we should just penalise EVERYONE 20 seconds and leave it at that :)

I got to say, having debated this issue for far too long with the Stewards on the day, that I just can't fathom how a video without start lights, and a timing system printout with no reference to WHEN the front wheel began moving can be evidence of a jumped start - and this is the only evidence that they had. There is no context to show exactly whether the start rules were breached. The wheel spindle HAS to have crossed the start grid line for it to be an illegal start. I see nothing in their evidence that could ever PROVE that.
Roll on the appeal - go Skechy !

gixerracer
4th March 2010, 13:20
you ned sun speleng lesons sun
Perhaps we should just penalise EVERYONE 20 seconds and leave it at that :)

I got to say, having debated this issue for far too long with the Stewards on the day, that I just can't fathom how a video without start lights, and a timing system printout with no reference to WHEN the front wheel began moving can be evidence of a jumped start - and this is the only evidence that they had. There is no context to show exactly whether the start rules were breached. The wheel spindle HAS to have crossed the start grid line for it to be an illegal start. I see nothing in their evidence that could ever PROVE that.
Roll on the appeal - go Skechy !

Skunk
4th March 2010, 14:55
you ned sun speleng lesons sunWhat? Apart from spelling Sketchy wrong I fail to see the point of your post.

blackdog
4th March 2010, 15:29
What? Apart from spelling Sketchy wrong I fail to see the point of your post.

seconded. was in the top 5% of all posts for spelling as far as i could see :rofl:

chanceyy
4th March 2010, 15:30
do we have an update on Jamie at all .. (an accurate one would be great rather than chinese whispers)

Ivan
4th March 2010, 15:43
yip his cousin told me that he defiantly has a broken femur and was under the knife the other day he is in alot of pain and has alot of swelling around his pelvis but they are saying his back is not broken and that it is not as bad as originally thought, I was told if things got worse he would let me know so im guessing hes just now healing up

pipson
4th March 2010, 16:57
yip his cousin told me that he defiantly has a broken femur and was under the knife the other day he is in alot of pain and has alot of swelling around his pelvis but they are saying his back is not broken and that it is not as bad as originally thought, I was told if things got worse he would let me know so im guessing hes just now healing up

Good to hear it is not as bad as frist thought.

MSTRS
4th March 2010, 17:23
It was pretty much determined by the paramedic that Jamie's femur was broken (I can tell you that his thigh was a funny shape, and his leg was rotated with the foot outwards - which is a sure sign of femur). His pelvis was a query. Only his dad (who was brought out by quad) was talking about back injuries. The paramedic was pretty certain that was not likely.
It is indeed good to hear that he is fine and on the mend.

Ivan
4th March 2010, 17:52
yeah well he took quite a wack I just wish him a full recovery and I think his dad would be saying something along those lines he was standing there not knowing what was going on and there were people near by going on about how he was dead so it would have been a tought time for his family

quickbuck
4th March 2010, 18:52
yeah well he took quite a wack I just wish him a full recovery and I think his dad would be saying something along those lines he was standing there not knowing what was going on and there were people near by going on about how he was dead so it would have been a tought time for his family

Ahhh,
That would explain it there Ivan.

I guess it wasn't a good look with the Ambos taking their (well needed) good time about the situation.
Back injuries is a logical conclusion somebody 400 metres away would come to trying to piece it together in their mind.

Must admit, it was a long half hour standing at Point 2 talking/ waiting....
Glad to hear Jamie is on the mend.....

Bren_chch
4th March 2010, 19:07
was all this from a highside or did someone also run him over?

quickbuck
4th March 2010, 19:11
was all this from a highside or did someone also run him over?
I herd he was run over by his own bike..... Will stand correct by anybody who actually saw it.

chanceyy
4th March 2010, 20:29

thanks for the update Ivan .. its good news .. I spoke to his dad early on just to let him know what was going on .. but no way did I or anyone else there mention anything remotely along the lines of death ..

After the 3rd ambo arrived, then I spent the rest of my time with his mum and partner & family .. letting them know why it was taking so long, as they were getting pretty distressed with 3 ambo's out there and the time it was taking,

(I had accidently yelled at them to get out of ambo way .. so went to apologise and asked if anyone had let them know what was happening so stayed with them, and filled them in a bit with what was going on out on the track)

I was plenty worried when I was told the chinese whispers so I am really relieved to hear this news .. :sweatdrop

Bren_chch
4th March 2010, 20:34
so he is not at burwood or is at burwood?

Bren_chch
4th March 2010, 20:41
ok so he aint... right with ya now!

yungatart
5th March 2010, 06:54
I herd he was run over by his own bike..... Will stand correct by anybody who actually saw it.

Yep, that is correct (ish). He highsided and was hit by his own bike. He was a very distressed young man when I got to him, took a bit to calm him down, I can tell you.
Glad to hear that he is on the mend

MSTRS
5th March 2010, 08:01
Yep, that is correct (ish). He highsided and was hit by his own bike. ...

These things happen VERY quickly, as it happens I was watching that part of the track and pretty much saw it all. But still couldn't be sure of a blow-by-blow recount.
As I recall it, his front washed and gripped, causing a hell tankslap, which broke the rear, which then caught and highsided him over the front. He landed on his shoulder in front of the bike, which then slid into him, giving him a shunt to the side before it came to rest a little further along.
I was thinking collarbone from the initial impact, but not so. What caused the femur break, I don't know.

Mishy
5th March 2010, 20:36
you ned sun speleng lesons sun

u nd a slp btch :)

gixerracer
5th March 2010, 20:41
man we have to spell everthing correct or all this dick heads get upset with us
u nd a slp btch :)

Mishy
5th March 2010, 20:52
seconded. was in the top 5% of all posts for spelling as far as i could see :rofl:

Haha ! I've been getting lessons from Robert :)
He has me writing bits of National Party policy over and over again.
Robert assures me that this is not a form of brainwashin . . . . . . . .

blackdog
5th March 2010, 20:59
man we have to spell everything correctly or all these dick heads get upset with us

fixed.

genius :lol:

Robert Taylor
8th March 2010, 10:59
Haha ! I've been getting lessons from Robert :)
He has me writing bits of National Party policy over and over again.
Robert assures me that this is not a form of brainwashin . . . . . . . .

It may take a wee while Mishy but Ill convert you to the Tory faith yet!!!!

Ivan
8th March 2010, 11:20
no i didnt mean officials just spectators saying it but that still would be popping through your mind so could understand why his dad was distressed

quickbuck
8th March 2010, 17:15
no i didnt mean officials just spectators saying it but that still would be popping through your mind so could understand why his dad was distressed

Wouldn't have been officials...
We were i=on "Secure" Coms (cough), so knew what the situation was really..... Well, had a good idea... Not that anything specific was talked about, only status IIRC.

Yes, fully understand his dad being distressed, that is why he was taken to the scene....

MSTRS
9th March 2010, 08:06
Yes, fully understand his dad being distressed, that is why he was taken to the scene....

Actually, not quite.
Jamie told us that his folks were at the track. Being that we know they would be worried, and that him being a young fella in a lot of pain, he was asked if he would like his Mum. He said that he'd prefer his Dad to be there if poss. So 'we' arranged it.

quickbuck
9th March 2010, 16:56
Actually, not quite.
Jamie told us that his folks were at the track. Being that we know they would be worried, and that him being a young fella in a lot of pain, he was asked if he would like his Mum. He said that he'd prefer his Dad to be there if poss. So 'we' arranged it.

Ahhh, true.
Only half listening to the radio at that point.....

Was the right thing top do in anycase IMHO....

I trust he is mending well....