PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle training May 15

Beemer
12th May 2005, 15:29
Is anyone from the Wellington region going to the motorcycle training day in Lower Hutt on Sunday? As I'll be coming down from Levin I was going to check out the weather forecast before deciding, but the organiser said I can enter on the day - oh, and it's free.

I went to a similar day about five years ago and won a $75 voucher from Sawyers, but I'm not sure what prizes are on offer this time.

Ms Piggy
12th May 2005, 15:38
Jazbug5 is going :) I was going to but too much Uni work :(

Beemer
12th May 2005, 15:49
I'll take a look at the weather forecast on Saturday and see if I can be bothered! It starts at 10am so I'd have to be away from here around 8.30am to make it on time and it's a god-damned Sunday! But I like the idea of prizes... if I'm good enough!

Not sure how good I'll be on manouvreing through cones - the Goose doesn't have a very good turning circle!

250learna
12th May 2005, 22:57
Jazbug5 is going :) I was going to but too much Uni work :(

i know how you feel :( i got an assignement due on monday and its far to big to squish up in a day or two so im afraid i wont be attending :no:
its a shame was hoping to meet some like minded individuals :ride:

jazbug5
13th May 2005, 06:58
Poor Mr. Learna!

Only thing is, I think it might be 'Laydees Only'. Sorry guys.
However, if any of you guys wanted to meet up & go over what we did, I'm sure we could do a meet up. Seems pretty important that us 'newbies' stick together and share what we learn...

Beemer
13th May 2005, 10:16
I wondered whether it was ladies only - our bike club got an email from Loopy about it and she asked that we forward it to female club members but I thought perhaps they needed to fill more female places. She mentioned something about wanting to fill the 10 trainee positions (I assume that means learners), so if there are any other learners out there, it could be a good idea to come along - you may even win something!

I'm still undecided, I have the time but I've got an infected thumb at the moment and I'm not sure how sore it will be jammed into bike gloves. We'll see, you may spot me there!