PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth headset for your helmet

KNCTRD
3rd March 2010, 20:35
Hi Guys,

if anyone is interested I have a Bluetooth headset for your helmet. lets you listen to music or talk on the phone,

I bought 2 sets as a mate wanted one but backed out of the deal. we have been using ours and its mint. I can listen to tunes from my iPhone, and talk to a mate on another bike.

the kit comes with 2 units, 4 speakers and 2 mikes. also has USB cords for charging and NZ power adaptor.

The kits are $269 from Trade me, I am after $200 for mine. you can see them on the link below:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Helmets-clothing-footwear/Other/auction-275091088.htm

spacemonkey
3rd March 2010, 21:23
I thought iphones didn't have blue tooth capability????

KNCTRD
3rd March 2010, 21:34
I thought iphones didn't have blue tooth capability????

3Gs definatly do, they pair together just like hands free kit.

KNCTRD
6th March 2010, 10:35
Anyone?? surely someone wants this??

Nat
6th March 2010, 19:08
hey, where abouts are you? Can i come and check it out?

KNCTRD
8th March 2010, 11:33
Yea for sure, im in Epsom, can give me a call or txt on 021617776 cheers

KNCTRD
17th March 2010, 18:24
still have this guys if someone wants it!!

Big Dog
23rd March 2010, 22:39
still have this guys if someone wants it!!

Might be interested if it is still for sale in a few weeks.

HQfiend
24th March 2010, 18:05
Apparently it's sold on tardme.

Horney1
27th March 2010, 18:00
Hi KNCTRD,

I note the headphone has gone but what's it like in the helmet? Is it slim and comfy?

Cheers

KNCTRD
1st April 2010, 16:27
Hi KNCTRD,

I note the headphone has gone but what's it like in the helmet? Is it slim and comfy?

Cheers

yea it fits in nice and snugly, not a pain in the ass at all.. ill trya and get hold of the guys i bought it off. im sure they will do you a good price if you want one

KNCTRD
2nd April 2010, 20:44
Hey guys,

I have spoken the the people that import these things and they have said if KB members want to do a group buy (5 sets) they can do them for $200 each. If you would like one please let me know, I would be happy to organise it for you all

KNCTRD
6th April 2010, 18:59
Hi Guys,

Have spoken to the guys that import these electronics, and they have aggreed to a group buy for $200 per set (incl GST) if 5 or more people are interested.

Let me know if anyone else is keen and i can organise it for everyone

thanks!!

geoffm
7th April 2010, 22:41
I would be interested in a set at that price.

JMemonic
7th April 2010, 23:02
Am I to read this right $200 per set, I am certainly interested, just PM me details.

KNCTRD
8th April 2010, 18:06
Am I to read this right $200 per set, I am certainly interested, just PM me details.

yep $200!!

will PM you now!!

banditrider
8th April 2010, 19:56
Are these the same units as on the other thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/120672-Motorbike-Bluetooth-intercom)? If so you'd better send me the details too...

KNCTRD
8th April 2010, 21:55
Hi Guys,

I have cut a deal with the importers of the headsets (featured here)

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/120672-Motorbike-Bluetooth-intercom)?

I can have 5 sets at $200 each. they are here in New Zealand and are being sold by a GST registered company.

I have orders for 2 (thanks guys) and have 3 remaining.

anyone interested let me know ASAP

THANKS!!!

KNCTRD
9th April 2010, 18:14
Hi Guys,

I now have 4 sets in my hot little hands.

Banditrider has his name on 2 of, so there are only 3 left. If you want a set let me know!!

Cheers

Big Dog
10th April 2010, 22:32
Hi Guys,

I have cut a deal with the importers of the headsets (featured here)

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/120672-Motorbike-Bluetooth-intercom)?

I can have 5 sets at $200 each. they are here in New Zealand and are being sold by a GST registered company.

I have orders for 2 (thanks guys) and have 3 remaining.

anyone interested let me know ASAP

THANKS!!!

Could be very keen but will not know until thursday If I can stretch that far.

KNCTRD
11th April 2010, 09:42
Could be very keen but will not know until thursday If I can stretch that far.

Still have 3 sets left. Thursday should be fine, please email me nick@re-map.co.nz and i can put a set aside for you.

Thanks

KNCTRD
15th April 2010, 08:27
Still got 3 sets left team...

wht happened to all the keen people out there??

TonyHog
15th April 2010, 08:36
I will take one, if any left thanks.

banditrider
15th April 2010, 17:34
Got mine on Tuesday - thanks. Charging them now and will fit up tomorrow night. Torture test for them on the weekend...

KNCTRD
15th April 2010, 21:19
Another set dowm.. Thanks Tony.

Only 2 sets left... If you want one let me know..

Horney1
15th April 2010, 23:28
Hi KNCTRD,

Sorry, haven't been on site since the last post.

I'd go for one but I'm job huntin at the moment + still workin on bike. I'll keep them in mine for the future tho.

Cheers

Big Dog
16th April 2010, 23:05

Still keener than custard is yellow.

Still broker than a hobo.

If you still have when resources free up, I'll happily exchange the previously described pile of readies for one.

One question: are these the model with the standard audio jack on the back as well or blue tooth only?
I have noted two things with all my trawlings over the last little while yours are very cheap for a pair and some have the standard jack at the back others don't.

LoC
18th April 2010, 21:02
Yup I'm in if youve still got em thanx! Mygsx put me on to ya.
Cheers

KNCTRD
18th April 2010, 21:32
Yup I'm in if youve still got em thanx! Mygsx put me on to ya.
Cheers

PM sent, Thanks LoC

KNCTRD
26th April 2010, 17:54
Hey guys,

Still have 2 of these left.... Anyone???

KNCTRD
4th May 2010, 10:44
Hi Guys,

one down one to go!! who wants the last unit!!

Thanks LoC your unit is on its way!!

Any feedback from you guys would be great as well!!

KNCTRD
15th May 2010, 12:39
Hi Guys,

Have just managed to net another 5 units!!

They are the same price, $200.

these will be the last lot i can get at this price, so if you want a set, beg, steal, borrow or sell a kidney!!

KNCTRD
15th May 2010, 12:40
If any of you guys that have bought some off me could leave some feedback, that would be great!!

I have heard good stories from most of you!! thanks

KNCTRD
20th May 2010, 15:16
Anyone??

5 more sets $200. each set contains 2 head sets and 2 bluetooth units. BARGIAN!!!!

KNCTRD
2nd November 2010, 10:45
Hi Guys,

we have 5 more units at $200. shipping is $8 via NZ Courier anywhere in New Zealand

These are also the new model, so are a great bargin!!

We also have a set that will connect to 6 different riders. these are $250 for a set of 2.

MyGSXF
2nd November 2010, 11:06
These sets are really good!! I've used mine heaps for touring, & for work as well ( rider trainer) . Very clear & has heaps of range!! :yes:

CRM
2nd November 2010, 11:21
Sounds like a deal.

Wondering if it's possible to hook up audio out of radar detector (Bel XR950)? Would need bluetooth sender hooked up to output I guess.

Also just thinking that an iPhone running on bluetooth for long periods will use up it's battery quite quickly - anybody tried this?

KNCTRD
2nd November 2010, 13:58
Sounds like a deal.

Wondering if it's possible to hook up audio out of radar detector (Bel XR950)? Would need bluetooth sender hooked up to output I guess.

Also just thinking that an iPhone running on bluetooth for long periods will use up it's battery quite quickly - anybody tried this?

Yes you can have your radar hooked up to it, as your gps. I use my iphone on it, and its not too bad, battery will still last the day. If you are streaming music as well, will suck a bit more juice.

JakeTehMuss
2nd November 2010, 15:53
I bought my pair around April this year, Works great!!
They are good for about 500m Rider to Rider.
I've used it almost everyday since I got it; to play music via bluetooth from my cell phone during my 30min commute to work. The speakers are great compared to using earphones.

:violin: Due to the constant use / abuse I've somehow managed to break my microphone. :facepalm:

So Mr KNCTRD are you able to tell me the price $$ for a new mic and speaker system 'thing-ma-jig' please? :love:

CRM
2nd November 2010, 15:58
Yes you can have your radar hooked up to it, as your gps. I use my iphone on it, and its not too bad, battery will still last the day. If you are streaming music as well, will suck a bit more juice.

How do you connect your radar if it's just got a jack output?

Big Dog
2nd November 2010, 21:35
Hi Guys,

we have 5 more units at $200. shipping is $8 via NZ Courier anywhere in New Zealand

These are also the new model, so are a great bargin!!

We also have a set that will connect to 6 different riders. these are $250 for a set of 2.
Pretty keen to see the specs. Depending on servicing cost for the work truck would be keen to acquire one set.

KNCTRD
3rd November 2010, 16:00
I bought my pair around April this year, Works great!!
They are good for about 500m Rider to Rider.
I've used it almost everyday since I got it; to play music via bluetooth from my cell phone during my 30min commute to work. The speakers are great compared to using earphones.

:violin: Due to the constant use / abuse I've somehow managed to break my microphone. :facepalm:

So Mr KNCTRD are you able to tell me the price $$ for a new mic and speaker system 'thing-ma-jig' please? :love:

Hi,

yes we can do you a new one for sure. they are $40 including postage to you via NC courier. PM me if you wish to go ahead!

thanks
Nick

KNCTRD
3rd November 2010, 16:02
How do you connect your radar if it's just got a jack output?

You need one that connects via bluetooth, there are a few guys out there that have them, Personally id rather have the tunes playing.. As none of us here would be breaking the speed limit anyway :innocent:

KNCTRD
3rd November 2010, 16:03
Pretty keen to see the specs. Depending on servicing cost for the work truck would be keen to acquire one set.

for sure.. All the info you need is right here:

http://www.yueny-moto.com/super-bt-muliti-interphone-1000meters.html

KNCTRD
3rd November 2010, 16:07
To all those that are interested, please send me a PM

CRM
9th November 2010, 18:52
Got mine today and have fitted and tested from iPhone - works well. I'm yet to road test. Also want to test with my radar detector plugged in by wire to the unit - apparently can do as well as bluetooth from phone.

A question though... the speaker seem to be in lacking bass in my Shoei flip-front. Plenty of volume it seems just no bass listening to music. I'm thinking that I need to put a foam spacer in to bring the speakers closer to the ears to increase bass as there's quite a gap in my helmet. Anybody experimented with that?

Ocean1
10th November 2010, 16:13
Anybody experimented with that?

I had the opposite problem. Don't use them any more 'cause they press too hard on the tabs.

I suspect that'd be the case for a lot of punters where the helmet fits correctly.

CRM
10th November 2010, 16:35
I had the opposite problem. Don't use them any more 'cause they press too hard on the tabs.

I suspect that'd be the case for a lot of punters where the helmet fits correctly.

The helmet fits fine its just that the Shoei Multitech has deep ear-holes. The speakers are about 1 cm away from my ears. I'll try some spacers and report back...

CRM
11th November 2010, 16:21
I got some velcro dots and double-sided these to bring the speaker a bit closer to my ears. A bit better sound but still not a lot of bass but that's okay - fine for podcasts/ audio books up to 120 or so and tolerable for music. :woohoo:

I rode to Auckland and back today and used it bluetoothed from my iPhone and it worked really well. I only actually got calls when I was in low speed areas but very clear and the person receiving had no idea I was on my bike - :yes:. I imagine at speed you might want to pull over a bit to hear really clearly depending on reception. Haven't tried with pillion yet.

Also found where I've mounted the unit on my helmet the plug hits my collar when i turn to the left (my head that is) so might try using the sticker mount instead and put it a bit higher and maybe further back because the unit itself makes a bit of wind noise.

So a couple of issues but overall pretty good and recommended. :2thumbsup