PDA

View Full Version : From one extreme to another and back again...

Pogo2
5th March 2010, 18:20
Went to have the Burger serviced today and usually get a loan bike to get home. Luckily they were all out and ended up getting a SV1000S – what a machine! Having never ridden a V twin before today was great opportunity to try one out. Fantastic acceleration as I would have expected, light clutch and smooth, positve gear change. This thing has Yoshi pipes as well and although never being a loud bike fan I certainly enjoyed the burbling of that exhaust.
Going from a sit up and beg position to a sportsbike was a bit of a transition as well. After only 20mins of riding my hands and wrists were starting to tingle. Must be a sign of age.
As I rode away on the burger, after its service I thought someone had left the handbrake on. Slow acceleration, but then again so comfortable and I reclined into my 2 wheel lazyboy.

After today I can certainly see what all the fuss is about with V twins!

BTW Had to get a new air filter at $106 – ouch. Does that sound right? Seems a lot for such a small part?

Dave Lobster
5th March 2010, 18:35
That IS dear. I used to get mine at Colemans for about $70. Five minute job to fit it.

What'll they give you part ex for your Burgervan on a TL then?

YellowDog
5th March 2010, 18:37
Ah ha, you've tasted the forbidden fruit.

The SVs got great power and is as light as a feather.

Oh dear. Now you really are in trouble.

I paid $130 for a washable air filter so a throwaway one should be less than half.

Pogo2
5th March 2010, 18:44
Ah ha, you've tasted the forbidden fruit.

The SVs got great power and is as light as a feather.

Oh dear. Now you really are in trouble.

Forbiddeen fruit indeed if the missus finds out. What would be good would be an SV with a more upright seating position. I guess a V-Strom or similar?

nallac
5th March 2010, 19:04
try a V-twin cruiser on then if ya used to the position but want some power..something like a M109R...

geoffm
5th March 2010, 21:20
Forbiddeen fruit indeed if the missus finds out. What would be good would be an SV with a more upright seating position. I guess a V-Strom or similar?

I hated the stock bars on the SV - didn' tlike the angle and they hurt my wrists. Repalcing them with some shniy stainless ones from F1 made a night and day difference, with 600km days no problems. If you want to be tempted by an SV, try taking mine around the block and see if you like it.