PDA

View Full Version : ACC and reality.

inlinefour
7th March 2010, 20:37
Had a good sleep and this is how it is, in reality.
Ha haha... bunch of moaners, who should just be out riding. Oh yeah, you do and then winge about how much it costs.

Roger
7th March 2010, 21:13
Many people have been biarching about ACC, personally I cannot fully understand why. As its the new government that has put it in the spotlight by changing everything and then cunningly utilised the media. To put a spin on it so that the people who are responsible for the changes are not held accountable. Nor all the governments of the past, who has permitted the disgusting mismanagement of so many things in NZ, including ACC, education, healthcare and the list goes on. I really feel sorry for the workers at ACC, they do not deserve any of the drama and are trying to help/do their jobs.

Does anyone here really think that you would be better off with medical insurance? I've worked with other nurses from overseas and from what they told me about private insurance, how hard it is to get anything from private insurance and how easy dealing with ACC is when compared to private insurance from overseas. Why is it that many kiwis think that the grass is greener on the other side. Even when they have based that opinion on utter bullshit that has been given to them, buy those in Government, who have lived their lives with all the benefits in NZ and now that they have made their $$$. Now want to stop all the free benefits NZ has historically provided.

How many people here are aware of the legal action happening over in Iceland. Search for "Icesave" and and the fact that the people their are being expected to pay about one quarter their incomes for 8 years. Just to repay the national debt, that has been knocked up by previous generations and their economy has fallen apart. Initially caused by those who gave the debt and then freezed the national banking system to recover some of the national debt? Whats stopping the same thing from happening here and why should the future generations be responsible for the failings of previous generations? Some of which have profitted from what happened in the past.

Here in NZ the free benefits are slowly being stopped, usually by those who have already benefitted from them and live a much better standard of living as a result. We no longer have all the freebies and so much of what used to be free, now is user pays. It was just over a decade ago, when I was a deckhand on a commercial fishing vessel (complaining about having to pay the highest ACC levies too). The government of that time wanted to severely restructure ACC because they already knew that ACC was in trouble of falling over. But the people of NZ got very upset about the concept of restructuring ACC (and the reduction of the benefits) and when it was put to a nation wide vote. A large "NO" was recieved by those running that particular referandum. So once again the older and passed generations, as well as governments, are responsible for the failure of so much in NZ.

Considering this, how many people still think its all ACC's fault, keeping in mind the way that ACC has always been run, has been always been a parlimentary responsibility. Also how many people are aware that future generations will be responsible for the NZ debt (or actually care), once the future economy really turns to cr@p? Its my belief that the economy is regulated by those who hold all the wealth and are the ones who have given out the debt. Some have suggested that it was a strategy to control world population, but thats another story.

So who actually is responsible for whats happening to registration rises and who is it that you thought it was? I've got a higher registration fee to pay than a motorcycle, as I now own a private diesel van (te bus bro, will hopefully be at the next Boxing Day racing. So those who want a secure place to put their gear in, let me know. As its got a grade 5 alarm and tints so nothing can be seen) that I'm so lucky to have now (although I went for my first drive in it on Friday and one of the customisations that I need for safe driving cr@pped out). So next time you want someone to blame, know that ACC do some really good work (although the way they do it needs to be tweaked and PC needs to be taken out of the equation - as it does not apply in personal insurance) and I'm very thankful of that.

Its my opinion that alot of what happens negatively, is directly as a result of previous generations, who have bled the economy of NZ. They do not have to be concerned about the possible future failure of the economy, as they will be long gone. Or wealthy enough to bail to another country, where the grass is truely greener than what it is here.

Its only a matter of time until poverty is a widespread thing in NZ. Imagine a world without a benefit system, everything is user pays and all the young generations have to start from nothing. The poverty will just get worse and the price of motorcycle registration will be something many people do not ever get the chance to think about it, or own a bike.

If you really want to know what is happening around the world, download "Hotspot Shield" and use "Mozilla Firefox". It disables tracking as well as the limitations put on each PC user, solely based on geographic location. There is some really sad things happening around the world, that makes whats happening here look like nothing. The problem is that the western world is based on whats best for the individual and now what was free is now user pays. This is just the start of it, I feel really sorry for the future generations of the future. As the majority of wealth is held by the minority and its them who will be in control.I blame the Jews.

But seriously....Harry's pot got the philosopher stoned.:doobey:

Mully
8th March 2010, 09:44
Are they changing ACC?

Pfft, that's been kept pretty quiet.

p.dath
8th March 2010, 10:41
I think that fundamentally ACC is fine. We've tried to tweak it over the years, and got it wrong, and need to go back to how it was.

inlinefour
8th March 2010, 19:10
I got a good sleep last night. Didn't have to winge and moan about the ways things are and are happy to get on with it. ACC are awesome, don't change a thing until you stop trying to put smashed up people back together again. If I was still riding now though, I would be riding and laughing my arse off those who get upset about the cost of my/your rego and/or fuel cost(s).

But alas for some, it turns out to be the kiwi way.