9th March 2010, 13:53
When: 18/3/2010 @ 6pm
Where: To be confirmed by Tuesday

Agenda Items:
Voting for President, Secretary, Treasurer, Safety Officer, Legal Advisor, etc
Presidents Report
Treasurers Report
Next meeting date

If you have any other items for the Agenda get them to me by Friday.

PirateJafa
9th March 2010, 14:06
I forward a motion that all members should receive one chocolate fish at the end of the AGM.

Slyer
9th March 2010, 14:20
Squiggle for all!

I will clearly not be able to attend due to me having a job.

Danae
9th March 2010, 16:36
I propose a new position: SMC Hobo.

Who will second this motion?

Slyer
9th March 2010, 16:43
I would. :(

Thani-B
9th March 2010, 18:40
And I'll be in the middle of a tutorial. So I won't be there either.

PirateJafa
9th March 2010, 18:48
Actually, I doubt I will be there either due to lecture clash.

What sort of a idiot picks a time like that?

Slyer
9th March 2010, 19:03
An idiot who wants a voting majority? :O

TOTO
9th March 2010, 19:09
I'll be on the south island, is voting via mobile link an option ?

Slyer
9th March 2010, 19:12
You're a member?

PirateJafa
9th March 2010, 19:19
I might have to give my vote to a trusted proxy, to prevent this Honda-fag power bloc pushing their own dastardly agenda through.

Squiggles
9th March 2010, 21:46
What sort of a idiot picks a time like that?

You want the Presidents job?

PirateJafa
9th March 2010, 21:51
Even if I did (which I don't), I wouldn't be able to campaign at a AGM I can't get to. :bleh:

Thani-B
9th March 2010, 21:56
I'd say that I want "Event Planner" but that might involve actual work, and I'd rather not.

Squiggles
9th March 2010, 21:56
The room booking time is 4-5 as AUSA House closes at 5pm and the upstairs meeting room (which we used last year) is still full of crap from orientation, and probably will be until Easter.

motorbyclist
10th March 2010, 10:08
The room booking time is 4-5 as AUSA House closes at 5pm and the upstairs meeting room (which we used last year) is still full of crap from orientation, and probably will be until Easter.

then postpone until easter? book it and demand it be cleared?

look into booking an engineering or OGG room for 6:30?

tried cap&gown? borrow a room from BRONZ?

seriously, a lot of us have lectures/labs/tuts then and even working people are going to have to leave work early in high traffic to make it. Safety Officer disapproves at the lack of consultation.

Squiggles
10th March 2010, 10:21
seriously, a lot of us have lectures/labs/tuts then and even working people are going to have to leave work early in high traffic to make it. Safety Officer disapproves at the lack of consultation.

Seriously, if its not done then we dont reaffiliate and there goes the grants. I'd welcome people stepping forward to share the workload... (That's a "Book an Engineering room for 5:30 and we'll have it then")

jono035
10th March 2010, 19:19
Or just say fuckit and I'll swipe everyone into the EEE post-grad lunch room? How many people are expected?

motorbyclist
10th March 2010, 20:52
Seriously, if its not done then we dont reaffiliate and there goes the grants.

isn't there a minimum attendance we have to achieve?

and we'd be able to "share the workload" if there was some prior consultation - if we don't know what's happening how can we be expected to help?

Or just say fuckit and I'll swipe everyone into the EEE post-grad lunch room? How many people are expected?

that'd be good and no idea of numbers. I've given squigs datails to get some engineering rooms and the AUES guys are yet to get back to me, but of course then fuckwits upstairs now lock the doors at 6:30 for some retarded reason so either we "liase" with security or as you say, swipe everyone in.

jono035
10th March 2010, 20:57
Well, just let me know how many people are required/likely and how long for. There are a couple of design labs as well that aren't being put to much use at the moment, should be able to sort something out.

Failing that, why not have an AGM at 5pm on friday at Strata :P

Real_Wolf
10th March 2010, 21:19
We can't have it at strata cause it can't be done during some other scheduled thing.

We can probably use the opto electronics lab in the physics building, since we don't haev our projects yet I doubt it would be in use at about that sort of time, and beyond the doors being locked at probably the same time its got SOME room, though probably not as much as the other places

jono035
10th March 2010, 21:38
So thursday 5pm at Strata? Or can we 'cancel' the chiller because the AGM will be being held? I could talk to one of the PGSA guys I know about usage of the enclosed area at Strata, too.

Squiggles
11th March 2010, 19:20
5/6 on next Thurs or 5 on Friday, take your pick as the alternative... We'll be trying for Strata i guess (for friday yes, thurs i'll try a room booking, thurs might be better as later?) Last year i think 15 people turned up....

metalhead
12th March 2010, 07:32
well as i just quit my job and have yet to find a new one i can definately make it lol

Squiggles
13th March 2010, 16:41
Any objections (bar Duncan) for Thursday @ 6pm then?

Ixion
13th March 2010, 17:07
Yes. Duncan's just as objectionable on Thursday as any other day .

(Sorry dude, couldn't resist that)

But, wait, isn't Duncan safety officer? So doesn't he have to draw up a safety plan for the meeting first? We wouldn't want an unsafe meeting.

Slyer
13th March 2010, 17:25
Oh no he'd be far too sensible if we made him safety officer. Where's the fun in that?

The Pastor
13th March 2010, 17:39
works for me

motorbyclist
13th March 2010, 19:31
sounds good - location?

Squiggles
14th March 2010, 22:25
Time/Date changed, see first post

Squiggles
17th March 2010, 15:20
Still no word from Room Bookings, Looks like we'll be having it on Level 0 of Kate Edgar

Squiggles
18th March 2010, 12:22
For those who missed the email/dont read emails it'll be on Level 0 of Kate Edgar, thats the very bottom level, below the ASB (take the stairs on the Symonds st side of the building to get down to it)

We'll try get a couple of tables etc, just look for the helmets. Meeting should kick off by 6:30 for half an hour or so

Squiggles
18th March 2010, 16:40
Sweet, got a big table at the back right of the room :D

The Pastor
18th March 2010, 18:21
sorry guys i completely forgot :(

The Pastor
18th March 2010, 20:33
well what happened? im really sorry i missed it aye, was looking fwd to it.

Danae
19th March 2010, 10:00
We kinda just re-appointed everyone.

Ixion
19th March 2010, 11:08
Larry put in a bid for the Presidency, but was excluded on the technicality that he wasn't financial. Seems a pity that a valued member should be excluded on such a minor point. BTW , you do realise that last night's meeting happened three months ago?

Squiggles
19th March 2010, 14:17
last night's meeting happened three months ago?

Such is smc time :lol: