PDA

View Full Version : Kaitoki - Easter weekend

Dutchee
9th March 2010, 19:17
I had it pointed out to me that I'll basically be in Auckland for a day before Kaitoki (no, not a bad thing, but . . .)

So, who's going from out of Wellington?

Are there going to be enough ring-ins to help with flagging?

I had a ball at Taumaranui, but if I'm too knackered from riding up from Manfeild on Wednesday, won't be going to Kaitoki. If I do go, I'll be more than happy to flag again (if that's okay with you lot racing).

But really, we didn't have enough flaggers at the weekend - I was way unhappy about being at the end of the track on my own for most of the day Saturday, as it was just too big an area (I actually forgot about the no passing rule under yellow, all I gave a shit about was that you riders were aware of things in the big area being flagged).

Now, importantly, where is everyone from outside Wellington staying? Where can we drink? Henk and I would rather go budget (tent is fine with me, I can work on him about that if it's a problem for him).

For those wondering/giving a shit, I'm heading to the womens' rider training at Manfeild on the Tuesday before Easter (yes, I don't ride buckets, but I am a rider).
Michelle Z

fi5hy
9th March 2010, 20:24
There is a few placers to stay one is http://www.harcourtholidaypark.co.nz/ just north of Upper Hutt and about 5 min to the track the other is the Kaitoke regional park just north of the track about two min on state highway two http://www.gw.govt.nz/Kaitoke/

F5 Dave
10th March 2010, 08:28
I'd offer some room but we have a fairly young kid so it's a bit uninviting.

Any news from your camp Fishy?

Skunk
10th March 2010, 10:37
I can offer a small piece of lounge floor or couch. Spare bedroom has gone...

fi5hy
10th March 2010, 13:29
I'd offer some room but we have a fairly young kid so it's a bit uninviting.

Any news from your camp Fishy?

Just going into labour as I surf the net. (no pain in my tummy) hehehehe

Damien_Toman
10th March 2010, 17:54
......Now, importantly, where is everyone from outside Wellington staying? Where can we drink? Henk and I would rather go budget (tent is fine with me, I can work on him about that if it's a problem for him).......

I'm planning to make it to Kaitoke, probably with my big bro' Ray. A tent at the track would be the best option. Is the track set up for that (like Taumarunui?). Otherwise the holiday park or motel, I suppose.

Henk
10th March 2010, 18:17
From the folk I spoke to at Taumarunui camp at track isn't an option. I quite like the DOC camp option above but not sure about leaving the tent and asorted crap there unattended while racing, at a commercial campground it's slightly more secure.

koba
10th March 2010, 20:30
The campground down the road is great but I wouldn't leave my shit down there, so I guess Henk is right on that one.

We live in a pokey one bedroom flat so we aren't really in a great spot to offer accomodation.

I think most wellington bucket racers will probably show up.