PDA

View Full Version : Waikato: Another Coromandel ride 16th Nov

130wide
10th November 2003, 19:16
We are leaving Rotorua at 9-9.30am picking up "GPz" from Tauranga.
If any one else wants to meet up PM me or we will meet you at Kopu gas station or pub at around 11.30am.
Having lunch at the same place as last time, going clockwise.

Drunken Monkey
10th November 2003, 21:15
Sounds like a plan...

Any KB'ers from last week able to help me with the timing of our run? I thought we left Drury services a little later than the planned 9:50am and I have no idea what time it was when we arrived at Kopu.
Wouldn't mind forming up a bunch to meet the others at Kopu - thoughts?

Slim
11th November 2003, 07:57
You lot arrived at Kopu at 10:52.

I got there at 10:00, which is why I remember so clearly! :p

Dunno if the weather's going to cooperate this weekend, guys. And I plan to have too much alcohol in my system to be out on the bike on Saturday. :D

GPz
11th November 2003, 08:46
Sunday

Slim
11th November 2003, 10:05
Originally posted by GPz
Sunday
D'oh! :Oops:

See how I feel Sunday morning then. :D

Drunken Monkey
11th November 2003, 10:28
Ta, Slim.

My new set of wheels has a clock on the display, so I don't have to resort riding no hands through the twisties to peel my glove back and look at my watch while scraping my knee slider along the tarmac :) if only I could...

Anyone up for a 'meet at Drury services from 9:30, leaving at 10?' run to meet up with the others at Kopu then?

Big Dog
11th November 2003, 16:51
Not me this time:angry2: I have too much to do before conference in bay of islands on monday:2thumbsup

Kwaka-Kid
12th November 2003, 00:18
piss poor day for the racers on the board :) *feels so proud to finally be out there and doing it*

Sunday is round 2 of the AMCC club champs :( i gotsa 5 day weekend... friday-tuesday that weekend!!! rock on.

GPz
12th November 2003, 15:26
If anyone is coming from Hamilton area PM me and I can get you in touch with some others who are coming from Hamilton.

Lou Girardin
13th November 2003, 15:39
I'm going to try and do this run, it's time to meet some of you lot. Where are the Jafa's meeting and what time?
P S Watch the section from Te Puru to where the road goes inland heading north, lots of loose metal there last Sunday.
Lou

Drunken Monkey
13th November 2003, 16:03
How about the same place as last time -

Drury Services, around 9:30am on Sunday. Will try and leave by about 10ish. Which means we should be able to meet the others at Kopu in time (ie 11:30), even if we bimble along instead blat (those are technical terms I'll have you know!)...all depends on who takes the lead I guess :)

The only unknown at this stage is the weather. If it's just passing showers, then I'm still in!

Lou Girardin
14th November 2003, 07:09
If I go I'll catch up at Kopu.
Lou

130wide
15th November 2003, 22:11
Just rang my mate, we are going Whangamata / Tairua way should be at Whangamata about 11.30. Tairua at about 12.30ish. Hopefully catch up with some of you.

Drunken Monkey
16th November 2003, 15:09
Ooops - I seem to be a product of my own stupidity...I meant Clevedon services, not Drury, so of course, I was the only person there (Clevedon) this morning...
Got to Kopu WAY to early, bumbled around for a while and filled up around 11am at Kopu only to see a bunch of riders leaving...so I follow...only it wasn't you guys :(
Oh well at least I've done the ride now. Will try not to be such a monkey next time :)

GPz
16th November 2003, 20:09
DM we were running a bit late ourselves so would have missed you, next time. we picked up DOC just out of  Tairua, 13 bikes all up pretty good ride blue skies all the way and no mishaps, lunch in Coromandel. 650ks for the day and saw about 30 to 40 other bikes doing the loop also.

Slim
17th November 2003, 07:32
I'm glad you lot had a good day. I ended up catching the Auckland Club Racing at Pukekohe instead, which was a lovely, relaxing day. :)

Lou Girardin
17th November 2003, 07:43
I couldn't make it in the end. Had to fix the connectors on my detector leads and didn't leave Auck till 11.00. Did the Kaiaua loop instead. Great day for a ride, but hardly saw any sport bikes out, just a few Harleys and Triumphs. Shame that Transit doesn't get the road sweepers out more often, gravel everywhere from Kaiaua to Kawakawa Bay.
Lou

Slim
17th November 2003, 07:53
I saw heaps of bikes heading South on Sunday morning, but I have no idea what was on. Saw a lot heading back North again as I went home too. :) Pretty mixed bag of bike types too. :)

750Y
18th November 2003, 09:28
Originally posted by Drunken Monkey
Ooops - I seem to be a product of my own stupidity...I meant Clevedon services, not Drury, so of course, I was the only person there (Clevedon) this morning...
Got to Kopu WAY to early, bumbled around for a while and filled up around 11am at Kopu only to see a bunch of riders leaving...so I follow...only it wasn't you guys :(
Oh well at least I've done the ride now. Will try not to be such a monkey next time :)

lol, crack me up!, sounds like something I would do 8-). I guess it was just the enthusiasm & excitement at the prospect of a blast through the coromandel on the new bike, eh. I bet the ride was most enjoyable still. 8-)

BTW saw lots of bikes heading south sunday morning also. musta been a club ride.