PDA

View Full Version : Rider training to cut restricted in half?

KNCTRD
12th March 2010, 12:36
Hi Guys,

I am sure this is already on here somewhere, had a quick look but didnt find what i am after.

Wanting a list of rider trainers/courses that i can do that are regestered with LTSA, so i can trim some time off my licence.

Anyone??

Thanks.

kowhai
12th March 2010, 14:29
I'm interested in this also. Anybody? :love:

Genie
12th March 2010, 14:52
Defensive Driving Course

kowhai
12th March 2010, 15:02
Hi Genie :)

So a defensive driving course in a car will still cut down bike restricted time?

Laxi
12th March 2010, 15:02
Defensive Driving Course

havn't they called em advanced riding courses for the last 10 years or so? :laugh:

Genie
12th March 2010, 15:12
go to page 26 of your Road code for motorcycles, i'm asuming you have one. All the information is there. or if you don't have one you can phone 0800822422

boman
12th March 2010, 15:31
Passrite in Onehunga do a course. It is called Street Talk. It was a Defensive driving course aimed at a car. It halved my restricted time to Three months. 4 nights after work spread out over 3 weeks. And then a practical riding test at the end. Done.

Dodgy1
12th March 2010, 16:29
Hi Guys,

I am sure this is already on here somewhere, had a quick look but didnt find what i am after.

Wanting a list of rider trainers/courses that i can do that are regestered with LTSA, so i can trim some time off my licence.

Anyone??

Thanks.

Mrs Dodgy :love: did her license from nothing to full license in 6 weeks through a course that was approved through the ltsa. It cost a lot of dollars but was well worth it cos she's a safe confident rider....so I guess the upshot is ring the ltsa or the riding schools. Ward Fisher was the instructor running the course here in Hamiltown :Punk:

Genie
12th March 2010, 16:32
Mrs Dodgy :love: did her license from nothing to full license in 6 weeks through a course that was approved through the ltsa. It cost a lot of dollars but was well worth it cos she's a safe confident rider....so I guess the upshot is ring the ltsa or the riding schools. Ward Fisher was the instructor running the course here in Hamiltown :Punk:

seriously...6 weeks....kinda hard to fathom that one. sounds dodgy.

sil3nt
12th March 2010, 18:07
http://www.riderskills.co.nz/default.asp?pageref=streettalk&rightbar=Readyforsummer

SMOKEU
12th March 2010, 19:01

I'm sure anyone would be safe on a Hayabusa after 6 weeks of riding (not!)

Toaster
12th March 2010, 19:05

6 months more like.

Toaster
12th March 2010, 19:07

Like it says in the Bikers bible; the low flying Hayabusa and ZX10R as best on open roads and in skillful hands.

Dodgy1
12th March 2010, 20:02

There was nothing dodgy about it dude...all approved by ltsa..it was hard work for her but she did it...

Dodgy1
12th March 2010, 20:03

she rides an sv650 and very well too i might add

Dodgy1
12th March 2010, 20:04
6 months more like.

6 weeks man

Toaster
12th March 2010, 20:37
6 weeks man

Well if that is the case it is certainly outside the rules posted by the LTSA. 3 months is the minimum time allowed after attending and passing the approved courses for both car and bike licences.

Example:
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/getting/motorcycles/motorcycle-licence.html

KNCTRD
12th March 2010, 21:10
Sorry guys, just gunna hijack my thread back....

So we have riderskills in Te Atatu (during the working day/week) plus its Te Atatu, might as well be in hamilton. and Passrite in Onehunga.

looks like its $195 for the course. http:www.pasrite.co.nz (http://www.passrite.co.nz/default.asp?sid=96&cid=-1932143761&aid=)

Have signed up for the next course so will let you all no how it goes.

Cheers

Pedrostt500
12th March 2010, 21:55

Come on now try 6 days, and ya dont need any of that safty crap, just singlet, jandals, and shorts.

Dodgy1
12th March 2010, 22:01
Well if that is the case it is certainly outside the rules posted by the LTSA. 3 months is the minimum time allowed after attending and passing the approved courses for both car and bike licences.

Example:
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/getting/motorcycles/motorcycle-licence.html

Whatever...it was a course run in conjunction with ltsa there was nothing illegal about it believe what ya want......

Ixion
12th March 2010, 22:16

That would have been the short lived CBTA (I think - some 4 letter acronym). It was only available for about a year, discontinued several years ago. You had to have a full cage license and several years clean record I think. Conditions anyway entry was by application not right. No longer an option.

Riderskills
20th March 2010, 20:41
Guess it depends where you live. Our streettalk courses are available at henderson. Mount albert and Meadowbank. Plus part 5 (the full licence assessment module) is guaranteed to be conducted on your motorbike. Cost is $190.

Good luck with your course and full licence test.

nico
21st March 2010, 15:19
Hi Guys,

Anyone??

Thanks.

i belever his name is andrew tempiblton (spelling very poor) lol from road safe nz did a 3 day course years ago cut time down i must go and book in for a refesher course soon aswell.

KNCTRD
23rd March 2010, 20:59
Guess it depends where you live. Our streettalk courses are available at henderson. Mount albert and Meadowbank. Plus part 5 (the full licence assessment module) is guaranteed to be conducted on your motorbike. Cost is $190.

Good luck with your course and full licence test.

Hey, i did try to call Riderskills - no answer though.. didnt realise you were in Mt Albert.. that would work for me, provided the course was in the evenings??

proseuche
24th March 2010, 12:06
Mrs Dodgy :love:
omfg whipped much?

Swoop
24th March 2010, 12:29
So we have riderskills in Te Atatu (during the working day/week) plus its Te Atatu, might as well be in hamilton.
Huh?
10mins from the city? Big deal.

As for the quality of training, this is exactly what the gubbinment should be encouraging and supporting. Better skills learned under the right conditions. Less of the "speed kills" crap. Put the money from the advertising campaigns into rider training!